[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Splatoon flaws?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9
File: 91gOywMXpuL._SL1500_.jpg (378 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
91gOywMXpuL._SL1500_.jpg
378 KB, 1049x1500
What are the biggest problems with this game?

The biggest issues I've encountered are...

>lack of game modes
>not enough maps
>only get to play same 2 maps every 4 hours
>can't exit a lobby
>too many text boxes

Any other problems?
>>
Can't Splatfest with friends. Splatfest is turf war only.
>>
>can't switch load out in the lobby
>absolutely zero influence on equipment perks besides rerolls
>only one ranked mode on at a time
>clothes don't rotate often enough

Granted, these are all structure problems. The core gameplay IMO is totally fine.
>>
File: 1439912623325.png (290 KB, 640x1053) Image search: [Google]
1439912623325.png
290 KB, 640x1053
No communities a la Mario Kart 7 and clothe-attached powerups.

The first one is easy to solve. The second one would require them to look at xenoblade x's system for fashion gear and stat gear.

And that's it. Everything else is perfect.
>>
>tfw you're only good at one of the three ranked modes
>tfw it's NEVER on when you play
>no ranked turf war where knock out occurs if a team has 70% of the map at one time
>maps don't rotate during splatfest
>splatfest has only one music track
>no cool patterned ink like mario sunshine's goo during splatfest
>splatfest is the only time there's 3 maps on rotation

What do you think the next mode they'll introduce will be?
>>
>>322317330
3 or 4 team turf war
>>
Nah theres a good amount of modes and maps now, the stupid rotation shit kills it though
>>
>>322317807
You'd need entirely new maps.

Speaking of, why is SaltSpray Rig still the ONLY map split horizontally instead of vertically?
>>
>The connection is unstable.
>>
>>322316972
>The second one would require them to look at xenoblade x's system for fashion gear and stat gear.

And make a single-player RPG expansion based on Xenoblade X's elements as well, the game justifies it.
>>
>>322316024
too many pedophiles
>>
>>322316024
no voice chat (at least add it to squads?)

>Carry your team or lose the match.

The outcome of a match feels absolutely random most of the time.

matches are too short to get a grip on how people are playing. no team strats.at all in 2 minutes with randoms
>>
>>322317930
I like the rotation, it means that you don't end up playing the one same map for 95% of games. I remember when I played black ops with my friend literally every match was on nuke town.

The concept isn't bad, just need to have larger and more frequent rotations. Also all 3 rank modes should be up at all times with different lobbies, possibly with 3 different rankings for each player too.
>>
>>322316024
>"ILLEGAL IN SOME STATES" inklings when>
>>
>>322316024
My main problem is that if one person is on your team is a shitter you are at a severe disadvantage. Admittedly, sometimes that shitter is me and it's part of the game, but god damn if it doesn't rile me up.
>>
File: female tagonist.jpg (8 KB, 171x417) Image search: [Google]
female tagonist.jpg
8 KB, 171x417
oops i 4got pic relative>>322318318

lmaoooooooooooooooo
>>
>>322318357
I think there might be something broken about the point system.
>lowest scoring person on my team had 0p, even though he wasn't afk and even got a kill
>>
>sweaters, tshirts, hoodies
>no tank tops

Fucking stupid.
>>
>>322318502
if someone gets disconnected during a match they'll always make 0p but their kill and death count will stay intact
>>
>>322316024

> not enough maps

Retarded complaint
>>
>>322318223
>The Inkling boy and girl were drawn as 17-year-olds at the time of designing and they have an ‘I’m cool’ attitude.
>When it comes to the setting, they are 14 years old, but they were designed as having a mood of 16-17-year-olds.
http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-staff-talk-about-the-inkling-design-more-on-the-squid-sisters-and-other-topics/
>>
>>322318676
>can't customize pants
>big baggy sweater and yet have to have spats
>bomb range up perk but no bomb radius up perk
>both last-ditch effort and kickstart are hats only and you can never have both
>>
>>322316024
Global internet instead of region based
Clothes take too long to rotate
Maps take too long to rotate
Can't choose map, let alone the 2 they give you

When a player gets disconnected from the global server instead of getting a player waiting you have to do it with less teammates

4v4 only, no 8v8, or 16v16
No death match mode

The game gets boring quick
>>
The online in it's entirety makes this entire game a complete joke.

Servers, lack of matchmaking, unstable nonsense.

Truly awful. I wish Nintendo would just fucking stop online entirely. They can't fucking do it for any big game or "important" game.
>>
>>322318905
>4v4 only, no 8v8, or 16v16

I don't think the Wii U online can handle that amount of players, can it?
>>
>>322316024
>start thread off on a negative

/v/ pls
>>
File: 1438642471884.png (6 KB, 320x120) Image search: [Google]
1438642471884.png
6 KB, 320x120
>people want voice chat

its not even kids that play at high ranks

its JAPANESE
>>
>>322316972
>clothe-attached powerups
>suddenly every squid loli is either squid girl or the schoolgirl outfit
>>
>>322318905
>Global internet instead of region based
Wit? You never wait more than a minute for a match because of this, why would you want to cut the playerbase down? Cant git gud?
>>
>>322318965
>Servers, lack of matchmaking, unstable nonsense.
I don't believe you.
>>
File: 1451521621882.png (357 KB, 1024x1280) Image search: [Google]
1451521621882.png
357 KB, 1024x1280
>>322320287
he lives in a third world country and the japanese rape him
>>
>>322320062
I just don't see how it could work, unless they go the regional servers route, at which point the game dies in certain regions (Europe will be the first to go followed by NA, leaving Japs and Koreans like every fucking regional online game)
>>
File: 1444445731736.png (48 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1444445731736.png
48 KB, 600x700
>>322320646
the better solution would be to just have more dpad quick commands

that people wont follow anyway
>>
>>322316024
Major problems?
No regional online mode
Everything else I don't care enough to bitch about
>>
The map/mode rotations are so you pick the right gun for the mode/map. I just think it should be decreased from a 4 hour rotation to 2.
>>
There's like what, 14 maps now, and they still have the 2 map rotation. Splat zones are pure anti-fun. Otherwise, I don't have many complaints. People complain about japs, and I can understand, but I honestly have better games with them than I do during splatfest. So I can't really hate them entirely.
>>
>>322320287
More like my internet is top tier and these fucking Japs make the ping difference a huge factor
>>
>>322320062
>>322320646
How about a voice scrambler that turns everything into squid-ese so that you have to communicate by tone and inflection? It solves the issue of people being verbally abusive in the chat.

This ( >>322320768 ) would seem be a better solution until NoA ends up "localizing" the commands into incomprehensibility.
>>
>>322320768
Yeah I've often wondered why they're not customisable.

Or why America got a completely different script than the Europeans and Japanese for that matter
>>
>>322321378
>America got a completely different script

blame american "culture"
>>
Weapons are completely outclassed
Subs are completely outclassed
Maps are obnoxiously large like Piranha Pit or cramped like Port Mackerel in Turf War
Maps have way too much cover and safe spots for chargers
Rainmaker is a broken mode
Not being able to change weapons in lobby
not being able to leave a lobby
Teaming Rollers all with each other
Inability to pick any of the modes
Inability to pick any map
Disconnections
Lack of split screen multiplayer (holy fuck, nintendo, the only company who actually still does local multiplayer doesn't have it for their shooter)
>>
>>322321492
Or Treehouse once again deciding they know better
>>
>>322322067
>Lack of split screen multiplayer
Wouldn't that need 4 gamepads?
>>
>>322322091
and you cant stop em

>Inability to pick any of the modes
>Inability to pick any map
sounds like a scrub that cant adapt and plays a game's D_dust all day
>>
>>322322234
>sounds like a scrub that cant adapt and plays a game's D_dust all day
?
>>
>>322322196
The gamepad functions could easily be retooled to be usable with the pro controller. Sure moving a cursor over a pulled up map for stuff like the inkstrike would be slower than using the touchscreen but it would still be functional
>>
>>322319862
more like started on outdated memes. He know sonygaf bite anyway. They will valid anything against nintendo product no matter how imaginary it is. See : no voice chat still coming there unironically.
>>
>>322322475
when games have players choose maps they tend to stay toward the most comfortable map/mode they're good in and refuse to play on any other

things like Counter strike D_dust/TF2 Twofort/etc
>>
>>322322504
It just sounds like whoever has a gamepad had an unfair advantage in that case. The game would have to be retooled and balanced between solo online and offline
>>
File: fukuppy.jpg (127 KB, 760x759) Image search: [Google]
fukuppy.jpg
127 KB, 760x759
>>322322234
>>322322646
>D_dust
>D_
>Twofort

These aren't typos at this point.
>>
>>322322646
Oh. I don't play fps games.
>>
>>322322727
Motion controls already give an advantage over non-motion controls
>>
>>322322067
>Teaming Rollers all with each other
only legit issue in this post

tired of getting two shittershot jrs against a team of all gals and rollers
>>
>>322322831
Well there you go.

Maybe they can revisit the issue in the sequel. Seems like truly social gaming is going to be Nintendos endgame, could be something as simple as using a phone as your controller and its built in gyro or some shit. Keeping everything balanced is the key, you shouldnt feel shafted with your mates just because you're given the Wiimote
>>
>>322323071
My point is there's already an imbalance due to giving players more options in what controls they want to use and it works out alright. So how much more harm could adding a few more options really do? Hell, you could say splitscreen gimps you by giving a smaller resolution to everybody. But that's not that big of an issue if you're more interested in playing with people in the same room
>>
>sounds like a scrub that cant adapt and plays a game's D_dust all day

There are in-between positions between wanting to be able to pick the same few maps all the time and liking the current setup for forcing variety.

I think the Mario Kart style communities someone mentioned earlier wound be a great solution. As things stand, it breaks my heart that I can't get a friendly pick up game of rainmaker going whenever.
>>
>>322323346
Well there isnt an imbalance online, everyone uses a gamepad. Offline theres a reason theres only one mode you can play - the game wasn't built around couch co op and it shows.
>>
>>322323395
Seriously, best mode and one of the others just plain isn't fun.
>>
I haven't played in a while, is there 3 map rotation yet? The game must have enough maps by now
>>
>>322316308
agreed

would also add that only two maps are playable at a time - literally why?
>>
>>322323443
>Well there isnt an imbalance online, everyone uses a gamepad
You get the choice to not use gyro aiming though. And gyro aiming is much more responsive and precise than analog aiming.
>>
>>322323620
Yeah, it is. I wish more WiiU games used it, I stopped devil's third completely back in december last year when Itagaki confirmed that it's only got analog
>>
>>322323527
>>322323546
3 maps wouldn't solve anything, it would only create problems by forcing the same tentatek/52 gal spam we see now, but much worse. the current rotations are disparate enough sometimes, adding a third would make it too hard to pick a weapon that does well on all 3 maps.

what you should be asking for is shorter 2 map rotations, there's literally no reason to have to wait 4 hours for one to end.
>>
>>322323909
>what you should be asking for is shorter 2 map rotations,
No, I'm asling for 3 map rotation you moron.
>>
>>322323620
how does that qualify as imbalanced? people who can't use the gyro have issues of their own, it's not the game that is imbalance, just their skill that are questionable.
>>
>>322324023
Because gyro controls are objectively more precise and manageable than strictly twin sticks. Having them both on the same playing field makes the game imbalanced
>>
>>322324023
It's imbalanced in the same way that having a way for people to play without a gamepad would be imbalanced. Depending on what control method you use, you would be objectively at a(n) advantage/disadvantage. I don't imagine it would be significant though. And I'd be in favor of Nintendo adding in splitscreen
>>
>>322323909
>adding a third would make it too hard to pick a weapon that does well on all 3 maps.
This is a problem how? Picking a weapon specifically because it does well on a certain map, but its okay because that map will change in an hour? Still a problem.
>>
>>322324010
But that would increase reliance on a few all-rounder type weapons. Wouldn't shorter rotations be a better way to go in light of this notion?
>>
>>322322646
>when games have players choose maps they tend to stay toward the most comfortable map/mode they're good in and refuse to play on any other

Literally nothing wrong with that
>>
>>322324341
Not really, that way you'd get the same shitters logging out in the first minute when they see their weapon isn't doing well in favour of a single other weapon. Except now there's the inconvenience of doing it more often. Getting comfortable with one or two weapons regardless of the map is the way forward.
>>
>>322318029
No its not. You must have shit internet anon. All my matches runs smoothly
>>
>>322324420
It chokes some of the novelty out of the game. It also exacerbates the perception of less popular maps being "flawed" since players will be more frustrated on maps they aren't as familiar with because they play them less often (because they find those maps more frustrating, etc.).
>>
File: 1447832970716.jpg (69 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1447832970716.jpg
69 KB, 600x800
>>322321338
Proposition for new commands:

JP: 了解!
EU: Roger!
NA: You da boss, squid!

JP: 後退!
EU: Retreat!
NA: Woah! Let's skedaddle homies!

JP: 待って!
EU: Wait!
NA: Hold up, Cuttlefish died for this?

JP: ああ...
EU: Ah...
NA: I buy my clothes off the rack!
>>
>>322316024

I just got it. I like it.

My only beef is E-liters on the Towers stage and that I keep getting teamed with idiots
>>
>>322324420
Do you want to be able to play on different maps or not?
Because either way, you'll still end up playing the same map endlessly. With how Splatoon does it now, at least it rotates maps eventually
>>
>>322324420

I hate that shit, I get bored of the same shit over and over

I like this setup.
>>
>>322325126
>Cuttlefish died for this?

This is fucking clever
>>
>>322325126
What the fuck is wrong with the NA script
>>
>>322325190
A good sniper can completely lock down the middle of Towers. It's nuts. Grenades help, sometimes you just gotta blow your shield/kraken/inkstrike to dislodge them.
>>
>>322325379

I've been playing Hydra Splatling, and a lot of the time I can keep them pinned down long enough for my teammates to get by but I don't really have anything to overpower them with outside of that. On other stages my range is good enough that I can kill them pretty well so long as I have a corner to hide around while I start charging, but it's just so easy for them to retreat at the towers and they can use their full range
>>
>>322324497
I, like that anon, also have shit internet and have no method of upgrading without moving. It's unfortunate, really, but I can at least play private matches with a few friends lag-free. The lag and disconnects are a combination of the fact that Splatoon needs to transfer all the live ink data to everybody (which is a good chunk more than most games, and why I can play 2v2 matches and pretty much any other game without lag), and that Nintendo really can't into netcode. Obviously cant say how much each plays a part of, but they're both definitely factors.
>>
>>322323909
this

As much as I'd like more maps, the amount of gal/tentakek spam is going to be so fucking disgusting, literally everything single weapon will be pointless because of them.
Like why both learning a new fun weapon when you can just use the same tiny handful that invalidates your said weapon on a map it's weak on?
>>
File: dfgadfgadfgafdgdfasgadfga.jpg (68 KB, 549x914) Image search: [Google]
dfgadfgadfgafdgdfasgadfga.jpg
68 KB, 549x914
>>322325958
thats because the japanese are not complaining until a baka gaijin like you fucks everything up

they live with damn good internet and you are not a factor nor the majority in their eyes

>>322325996
or you know, you can just gitgud
>>
One thing I like about Splatoon is that you can literally do well with any weapon not named the Splooshomatic/Bamboozler
I am not here for Rapid Blaster/Brush hate
>>
>>322326635
actually sploosh is pretty common in S rank

I've seen bamboozler do really well in S rank too you have to do one full charge then just tap the next shot, it requires SKILL but it has fucking awesome mobility, you're not some shitty roost sniper, you're the one thats EVERYWHERE
>>
>>322316024
A ton of people afk/disconnect after joining a match
>>
>>322326784
I know that's how you use the bamboozler but it's awful range does not justify its use. Just stack Damage Ups and a Squiffer
>>
>>322326907
it has pretty good range, longer then the squiffer and I THINK longer then 92. gal or somethin
>>
>>322324998
>It also exacerbates the perception of less popular maps being "flawed"
I don't see the problem in that

>>322325216
>Because either way, you'll still end up playing the same map endlessly
At least with voting I'll have a chance of getting the map I want
And if the absolute worst maps are always top pick then I'd honestly just play a lot less often which is fine by me

>>322325291
>I get bored of the same shit over and over
I (usually) don't
And when I do I'll just take a break which is better than playing on maps/modes I don't like
>>
>>322316024

For me, the biggest...

>No 4-Players Local Multiplayer
>>
>>322324023
I personally don't think its imbalanced at all. I only use analog and I do fine. I tried gyro and I did worse, not bottom board bad but still worse than my preferred stick method.
>>
>>322326907
>>322327008
I have a friend who started Bamboozling recently, and he put a lot of emphasis on splash wall placement, which made me rethink the weapon entirely.
>>
>>322327262
I agree with you but, at the same time, I like how the game challenges me to play different maps and modes.

What I think I really want is a better way to access all of the content I paid for even if I don't get squid money for doing it. Maybe some way to invite friends and strangers to a game that that's more effective than the friends list.
>>
>tower control

OH BOY REV UP THOSE FUCKING BLASTERS.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.