[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to play wiiu/ps3 in a window on my desktop. will the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1GC109901002-la.jpg (147 KB, 960x1746) Image search: [Google]
1GC109901002-la.jpg
147 KB, 960x1746
I want to play wiiu/ps3 in a window on my desktop. will the below work, and do any of you guys do something similar?

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/33684
>>
that's a capture card for video streaming, and no, it won't do what you're asking for

just fucking plug it into your monitor, what you're trying to do can't be done unless you're directly emulating the console in windows
>>
>>322315907
Holy crap that site is way over-charging for that.
>>
yeah op buy that it will work great for you.
>>
>>322316257

my 4k tv is fucked and wont run any resolutions lower than 4k, so my pc works fine and all consoles dont. Also, i often play pc games in windows with a browser or something else opens at the same time, so even if my tv wasnt fucked plugging it in wouldn't achieve that
>>
>>322316406

its hard to find cards that offer 60fps 1080p, but yeah, i will shop around when i find a working solution
>>
>>322316519
yeah, you can play pc games in a window on your pc because it's a fucking program that runs inside your operating system

a console isn't a program that runs inside your operating system

sucks to be you, fix your 4k tv, or just go buy a cheap 720p monitor for your wiiu/ps3, you've got the disposable income if you've bought and ruined a 4k tv
>>
>>322316736
Amazon has it for 199
>>
>>322316852

if a capture card accepts input from a console sufficient to record it, i fail to see how it wouldnt be possible to display that input in a window in real time. i have another tv, but i prefer this one
>>
>>322317442

i was under the impression amazon usues usd, last i checked the exchange rate makes that more expensive than pccasegear
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>322316257
>being this dumb

Avermedia lets you do it.
>>
>>322317873

hey thanks! now we're talking. is the lag bad?
>>
>>322317935
No clue, never tried it, I just know you can do it.
>>
>>322316519
>my 4k tv is fucked and wont run any resolutions lower than 4k
return it
>>
>>322318474

past the warranty period, sadly. protip, never buy factory seconds
>>
File: 1448174551605.jpg (73 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1448174551605.jpg
73 KB, 413x395
>>322317524
>What is input lag

Have fun console bro that capture card should be epic fun and efficient.

Consoletards, everyone
>>
>>322318890

i'm not expecting lightning fast responses here. I'm playing jrpgs, not fps and fighting games. When xenoblade x and all the awesome weeb ps3 games get on steam i wont need consoles anymore
>>
Some monitors support picture-in-picture, aside from that its not worth it.
Capture cards are not for this use case, the preview window is for just what you would expect:previewing.
I don't even know why you would want this, who wants to play games in a smaller window?
>>
>>322319224

multitasking. 60" is enough space for 2 things
>>
>>322319371
Just use a different monitor, surely you have more than one
>>
>>322319445

yeah, i have a shittier older tv that i'm using at the moment since this one stopped playing consoles. oh well.
>>
I use a PVR2 gaming edition and I get a 2 second input lag. But it's using a USB connection and isn't inside my rig. It's possible that using one connected into your pcie could have about a .50ms to 2s lag.

You can straight up just ask on Amazon. Someone will answer you within a day or two.
>>
>>322319615
I'm just saying you want something that just isn't worth it, I already explored this stuff myself, I wasn't satisfied.
Even on huge displays, using a corner of the screen with additional input lag isn't great.
>>
>>322319746
>>322319824
thanks guys. 2s is pretty bullshit. i might just have to suck it up
>>
You're essentially just trying to go far to play it on a monitor you're already using, but you'd pretty much just be better off by buying a 1080p monitor to go with it since that will likely be better than any capture card and cheaper too.
>>
>>322319939
>USB connection
its probably USB2 -- the bandwidth is paltry. PCI-E 2.0 at x1 is faster
>>
>>322320876

yeah, i'm going through the amazon questions for the pci model, and there are answers saying there is no lag and some saying that the lag is unbearable. probably not worth the gamble unless i can find somewhere selling it that accepts returns without factory fault
>>
>>322321121
MAke sure the review is for the right model:

I see a lot of
>Style: Game Capture HD60
>Style: Game Capture HD

None that mention lag seem to be using the "pro" version.
>>
>>322321860
Just found this; something they call "instant gameview" only on the HD60 pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5dEBa8x2f4
>>
>>322322001

yeah, ok, its hard to argue with that video.

thanks heaps. might finally be able to move my consoles back into the living room
>>
>>322322270
yeah its pretty impressive actually.. it looks like there could be so little lag that you could actually play an FPS on it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.