[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Level with me /v/. Is Mass Effect(the series as a whole) really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
Level with me /v/. Is Mass Effect(the series as a whole) really worth getting?
>>
ye
>>
ne
>>
>>322303035
No
>>
>>322303035
Only if you like being disappointed at the end.
>>
I would say yeah, definitely, just be prepared for a lot of disappointment if you end up finishing the third one
>>
>>322303035
Currently, yeah. 2 out of 3 games are worth playing, and 3 isn't DA2 levels of bad that you suffer through playing it to just finish it off.
>>
1 is ok, a little janky but still pretty good. 2 is great and super enjoyable. It removed all the bad parts of 1 and added interesting and good mechanics. 3 is just 2 but a little worse and with a shitty ending. Overall, pretty good, worth getting unless you hate 3rd person shooters.
>>
>>322303035
Only if you don't pay for it
>>
I don't recognize the filename format.. Is that your cat?
>>
>>322303035
First one is great, second one is decent, third one is utter dogshit, and not just because of the ending. MP used to be bretty good tho.
>>
Is there any other good sci fi rpgs? Im looking for shit like planescape torment or bg2 but in fucking space or future or some shit that aint fantasy
>>
File: 1265336327870.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1265336327870.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
aside from mgsv probably one of the biggest dissapointments in modern vidya
>>
I still think Mass Effect 1 and 2 are good in their own ways, and have flaws in others (ME1's recycling of content, bland Mako sections, unstable framerate on consoles, and not knowing what to do with its combat system. ME2 throwing out most of the half implemented ideas in ME1 instead of tweaking them like they should have been, casualizing the combat).

ME3 is not nearly as bad as people say and has some decent moments, but also has a lot of bullshit story segments, more casualization, and a really bad ending. It also does not help that ME2 and 3 are very reliant on DLC, much of which is still expensive and none of the collections have every piece included besides for ME1 (The PC versions are also a mess).
>>
Ashley was the best because she was cautious about outright trusting aliens and Liara came on too strong.
>>
>>322303035
i loved it
most of /v/ hates it though. 3, at least.
>>
>>322303916
Time to start waifu wars! They were both shit. Tali is bestest waifu/spoiler]
>>
>>322303035
No.

At most play the first if you truly have nothing else to do, but I'd advise against that too because it will make you interested in the others which disappoint massively.
At the end you'll just end up wishing you never got into the franchise in the first place.
>>
>>322303035
One is a good RPG, 2 and 3 are good action games with RPG elements

3 has a great soundtrack from Clint mansell
>>
>>322303035
1 was great
2 was good
3 was alright
>>
>>322304067
Tali was annoying and I couldn't give a damn about her.
>>
>>322304067
>fanbase of people so disgusting they write blog posts about her sweat content

I don't think anyone has surpassed Tali in terms of cringeworthy fanbase and cringeworthy pandering by the developers to said fanbase.
>>
Somehow I played through ME2 a few years back, but I've never played through the first one.
I've been thinking of getting it, but I don't want to give Bioware/EA money.

Is it worth it, /v/? Also am I gonna have to sign up for EA Origin or some bullshit like that?
>>
>>322304684
Me1 and 2 are on steam 3 is exclusive to origin I think
>>
>>322304684
>Is it worth it, /v/?

yes
>>
Just the first game.
>>
>>322303384
>removed all of the bad parts
I guess, if you consider
>RPG mechanics
>World Building
>Non-filler story
>good characters aside from Mordin
to be bad
>>
>>322304448

1 was good.

2 was alright.

3 was shitty.
>>
>>322303035
No only the first game is worth playing. The sequels utterly destroy any of the good elements of the game.
>>
>>322305069
>>322305195
Okay, what is best class in ME1, or at least the most entertaining?
Can I still play vanguard and be a CQC shotgun berzerker?
>>
>>322305375
Only thing 2 improved was that it had less of those shitty filler missions and no mako sections
>>
>>322305480
I've only played adept and soldier
Adept is fun for throwing enemies around

You'll want to make sure to choose party members that play off your class I.e. not doing what my friends do which is have 3 soldiers
>>
>>322305480
Vanguard Charge was added in 2.
>>
>>322305480
You're better off playing soldier in ME1 mainly because if you can't aim with your weapon it's useless
>>
>>322305480
Yes, you'll miss biotic charge but you still got all kinds of lifts and throws, and your shotgun will double as a rocket launcher when you level it up
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.