[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will obsidian be making another Fallout? Will they have to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: 1343422097208.jpg (79 KB, 571x383) Image search: [Google]
1343422097208.jpg
79 KB, 571x383
Will obsidian be making another Fallout?

Will they have to use the shitty dialogue system? And will they bring back skills?
>>
>>322302516
God I hope so. They won't use the dialogue system.
>>
>>322302516
At best hope for a better implemented dialog wheel, like in Alpha Protocol and maybe some return of the skills/better integration of skills into the dialog. And for the actual lines to be written better.
I'd want them to do it properly again, but it s best to not hope for such things.
>>
Maybe in a couple years, iuf we're lucky I can't believe Fallout 4 was such a massive disappointment
>>
File: 181.jpg (49 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
181.jpg
49 KB, 550x413
Removing skills was the best thing Fallout 4 did.
>>
What other games play like FO1 and 2?
I tried arcanum but the graphics are spazzing around and most of the time my screen is just magenta
>>
File: 1421551297503.jpg (59 KB, 600x844) Image search: [Google]
1421551297503.jpg
59 KB, 600x844
>>322302516
Meh if it's another desert walking simulator then who cares.

>BUT M-MUH JINGLE JANGLE

It was good but I couldn't be bothered to finish it. I put 100 hours into FO3 though, and 4 is fantastic so I think obsidian could do an amazing job as long as they focus on game play over autism.
>>
File: 1440716391948.jpg (1 MB, 1849x1950) Image search: [Google]
1440716391948.jpg
1 MB, 1849x1950
>>322302991
> I can't believe Fallout 4 was such a massive disappointment

Honestly almost everyone here I think knew it would be bad, but holy shit they still managed to blow me away with how shit Fallout 4 was.

>HATE RAIDERS
>>
>322304131
>>
File: Zac Efron with glasses.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Zac Efron with glasses.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>322304116
Ha ha faggot

I expected it to be terrible and it turned out to be fantastic.
>>
>>322303816
>100 hours into FO3

I hope this is bait and not just some faggot with incredibly shitty taste.
>>
>>322303686
reinstall it from another source then, and get the resolution patch.
>>
god i hope so

would love to see house go up against the institute

who would you side with guys?
>>
>>322304764

I expected quality posters with good taste here and I get posters like you.
>>
>>322303686
Same here when I was on Win 8.1 (and now Win10). I installed a VM just for Arcanum.
>>
The most we can expect is maybe some DLC from them, but another game is highly unlikely.

F4 is built in a way so there's no room to expand or improve. It worked with 3 because 3 was already an empty game (both in terms of gameplay, perks, and the world). Making a spin-off would require a) reusing the exact same perks/level system, or b) making the game from scratch. The latter would take too long, and the former wouldn't do good for sales, because who wants to play the exact same game twice?

Even if they do go with option A, they still need to fix the dialogue. Unfortunately voiced protags are becoming the norm, so to go from having a fully voiced character to no dialogue whatsoever would be seen as a downgrade. Their best bet would be to give you multiple voices to choose from a la Saint's Row 3, but it would take months to record all that dialogue.

Finally, there isn't much more they can add. NV was so good because it added so much more, such as weapon mods, more perks, factions, and better combat. 4 pretty much incorporates roughly 90% of NV's ideas (albeit not very well), so unless they can find even more stuff to add, Bethesda won't see a point in releasing a spin-off.

tl;dr Don't expect an Obsidian Fallout anytime in the future.
>>
File: 1451560970001.jpg (34 KB, 705x530) Image search: [Google]
1451560970001.jpg
34 KB, 705x530
I think the game is very enjoyable. The dialogues feel less stiff this way and be honest, Fallout 3 / NV didn't have dialogue more complex than this anyway. All the different options always did was just some further interrogation, not much more.

Instead, we get atmospheric scenes and - which I fucking love - characters with some depth that open themselves to you step by step, making it very rewarding to play with NPCs and change them every now and then.

The only thing that's really shitty is the generic quests. I don't care about random settlers and "blow up monsters in dat region xd" gets dull pretty fast.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.