[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the Sonic Advance series for the GameBoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: oajkms424fiprp9lykc4.png (142 KB, 256x261) Image search: [Google]
oajkms424fiprp9lykc4.png
142 KB, 256x261
What do you think of the Sonic Advance series for the GameBoy Advance? (1, 2, and 3).Personally, I felt this games never got the recognition they deserved. They're a great visit to Sonic's roots, the music is great, and playing them is overall an awesome experience.

My Series Rating: 2<1<3
>>
>>322301814
For me it's 1>3>2. They're pretty dang good. Everyone shits on Sonic's home console releases and just skims over the handheld games because they suck Arin Hanson's cockles.
>>
1>2>3

The series starts out solid with Sonic Advance, the closest thing we've ever had to a true-to-life continuation of the Genesis classics. Sonic Advance 2 gets bit weird with it, emphasising the speed mechanic perhaps more than it should. I never really felt the addition of Cream added anything to the gameplay either.

Sonic Advance 3 seemed to be where they fell apart with it. You could tell they were trying, with the unique partner mechanic, the nostalgia-inducing Green Hill Zone-lite, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Unfortunately, it just had shit level layouts all around, which took away from everything good it added. I can't remember having a whole lot of fun with that game at all
>>
>>322301814
All of them had different flaws that keep me from considering any one of them the best. Same with if you include the Rush games. So I just consider them all to be a collective "pretty good"

Of the 5, I think 3 was my least favorite to actually play, but even then I acknowledge that it did a lot of things right that the other games didn't.
>>
>>322301814
2>3>1

one was fucking slow.
>>
>>322303204
>>322303285
>>322303357
>>322303464
Cool, I appreciate the opinions. It seems like you guys are either neutral/don't like Advance 3. I can see that. The level design was rather crazy which is why a lot of people don't like it.

While we're still on the subject, what do you guys think of the Sonic Rush games for the Nintendo DS?
>>
>>322301814

I feel like each had their own little flairs and styles to the games they were in. I can say that I loved each other them individually.

3 felt really stylish and more like an idea that could have really been shit, but wasn't and turned out amazing for it.

I don't remember much of 2 since it has been so long.

1, however will always feel like a definitive Sonic game and I would rather someone play that over S:AB2 or Heroes. (On that note I feel like Heroes was the shitty 3D version of Advance 3, A perfect example of shit and greatness.)

Sorry I can't give a rating, but least I'm participating?
>>
>>322304236
Rush Adventure was better in nearly every way, but the water travel, material grinding and lack of Naganuma tends to turn people off. Another example of what I was referring to with one of the games have a unique flaw that keeps it from being "the best." The Rush games also started the boost gameplay in its fullest, which is a "love it or hate it" thing.
>>
>>322304236
I cannot remember much about the level design for SA3, except for one of the acts in Chaos something, you were on a platform the entire stage. I think that was etched in my mind because fuck that stage.

Sonic Rush is fucking great. Sonic Rush Adventure I've only played through once quite a long time ago. It was Rush 2, so it's fucking great too, I just hated how you have to get parts or some shit. All I remember is that going to the next levels were different and I would much rather have the level select of the first Rush.
>>
>>322301814

Sonic Advance 2 is still my favorite Sonic game. Sonic should focus on speed. Sonic Advance 1 I didn't play enough of and Sonic Advance 3 felt like a step down with a zoomed in camera and more focus on platforming.
>>
Why not join us and talk sonic in >>322285859
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.