[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Orc Bro Recruiting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
So did any of the hate for this game come from people that actually played it?

I decided to spin it up, and all the shit-talk that you faggots were spewing about it was fucking nothing.

>Emo protag
He's not emo in any way. He's a zombie that wants to die so he can rest in peace with his wife and kid, but figures that if he has a chance to stop Sauron, he's going to give it the old college try
>Edgy protag
He's not edgy in any way
>Kills Sauron in 3 hits
He doesn't kill Sauron. In fact, after they escape, ghost-bro almost literally comes out and says "Well, thought we could at least HURT him, but I couldn't do sheeeit, maybe if I make another ring or something...?"
>Nemesis system is only good thing about the game!
Nemesis system was the worst thing about the game. "Ha, you only thought u killed me but I trikd u!" seemed to come up at the most bullshit opportunities -- always the faggots with poisoned weapons that are immune to everything but finishers. Real Fun, faggots.

No, the best part of the game, by far, is WOLOLO. Brainwashing orc captains and helping them infiltrate, then take over the army was satisfying as fuck.

If the game had one more act, it'd be up for my GOTY 2014.
>>
Nah, game seems super entertaining though, if not just slightly above average (better than most, honestly).

I criticized the combat per that video until re-realizing that some of the best gameplay, LOTR: ROTK, has infinite block spam as well. Though, that game has way more combo potential.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (40 KB, 633x157) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
40 KB, 633x157
>>322288584
fuck White Rider and The Hunt is My Mistress
>>
>>322289801
Which ones were those? This game is my only platinum trophy.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (33 KB, 918x165) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
33 KB, 918x165
>>322290017
Pic related.
I always finish at 42 or so minutes
and the 30 slaves seems easily doable, but I just fuck something up one way or another
>>
>>322289617
The combat is alright. In late game, you're practically invincible, but you want to be. Losing means that the orc army's ranks get shuffled, and unless you've got your captains set and buffed, that can screw up some of your best-laid plans. There are also archers and spear chuckers that blocking won't save you from (you gotta dodge those) and most bosses, late game, will catch you and throw you if you try to dodge.
>>
>>322288584
Yeah, I had a captain who I must have killed 5-10 times before he finally stayed dead for good. Ended up making a game of guessing when he'd pop up again. He wasn't even hard either, I would easily hunt him down and slay him whenever his useless bandaged face cropped up. Real annoying.
>>
>>322288584
some one post that one video that got posted every time EA shilled this game on /v/

you know the one, it had that washed up e celeb in it
>>
>>322291236
>kill captain
>1 hour later, he shows up again with metal on his face
>"Time fo' sum' payback, humie!"
>Beat him within an inch of his life
>He retreats
>getting swarmed by 2 other captains and their friends
>Next time I see him
>"You ran last time we fought. Guess I shuld break yer legs so you can't run again!"
Out of all the TECHNOLOGY in this game when it comes to taunts, I wish they didn't confuse who ran from whom in the nemesis system.
>>
>>322289617
in LOTR: ROTK you at least had to time left click in order to kill your enemy though

like even THAT was removed to make the game easier for xbone kiddys
>>
You guys do know that if you kill the captains by decapitating them they're not going to come back, right? Literally had 2 captains come back during my 60 hour playthrough.
>>
>>322291498
i had a similar situation, damn

>kill captain
>1 hour later, he shows up again with metal on his face
>"Time fo' sum' payback, humie!"
>spam 1 button and decapitate him again as i look out my window contemplating my life
>He dies maybe
>getting swarmed by 2 other captains and their friends
>decapitate them as well, dont even realize they were there since im not even looking at my screen
>never see him again because i stopped playing
>>
>>322291498
Never had that problem, myself. The guy I mentioned actually was scared shitless of me, saying things like I was "haunting him" or some shit. Made me feel good when I killed him YET AGAIN
>>
>>322291735
Not all finishers end in decapitations. In my game, it seemed like only 1 in 4. Late game it doesn't matter, though, because recruiting them is better than killing them, because they get replaced so easily.
>>
>>322288584
The game wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. Pretty mediocre as long as you're not considering the lore rape (I just looked at it as an alternate timeline).

The combat is mind-numbing. It got to where I could crit reliably without even looking at the screen. Maybe that's what they wanted, I'm not sure. I felt like a badass at first, but then it just became a tedious chore.

The two maps were decent, but a bit too small. Also, it made no sense to me to have Mordor this fertile land. More than that, having it come AFTER the barren waste AND be the last of the maps in the game felt like a mistake to me.

I thought the Nemesis system was by far the best thing to come out of the game. Not because of how well it was implemented, but because of it's potential for advances in future games. I'm really interested to see where the concept goes because I think it has potential.
>>
>>322293101
>open world aRPG utilizing nemesis system AND chaos system
I'd cum buckets.
>>
File: Capture.png (468 KB, 715x639) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
468 KB, 715x639
It was way too short. This short amount of time, and I spent a lot of time just dicking around as well.
>>
>>322293723
>35 achievements out of 74 unlocked
>Game is way too short
top lel mate, you didn't even play the dlc
>>
>Asscred open world
>A dumbed down version of the Arkham combat
>Awful fucking boss fights
>no difficulty settings

This game was focus tested to death. Only a brain dead moron could enjoy it.

>>322291409
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU
>>
>>322291498

>Kill captain
>He comes back
>DECAPITATE HIM
>He comes back
>Decapitate him several more times
>He just wont stop coming fucking back

Brilliant system.
>>
File: slowpoke.png (12 KB, 312x295) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.png
12 KB, 312x295
>>322295669
this was patched over one year ago
>>
>>322297575

That would imply I still play this piece of shit. Which I pirated, played, uninstalled and promptly forgot about.
>>
>>322297694
wow you sure showed me
>>
>>322293960
A full price title shouldn't depend on paid DLC.
>>
>>322297694
Faggot nigger cunt shit eater

I hope you die.
>>
>>322297694
You should give it another shot.. its fun
>>
>>322288584
Is a good derivative work. It is nothing special but solid enough that some people may like it.

Personally I though the combat was garbage (like in the Batman games) and that the Nemesis system made for interesting shit, specially Uggu the destroyer and his retarded feud with me constantly kicking his ass. Also it was fun to watch that Random Orcs got promoted to Captains after killing you. It gave life to the world of the game.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.