[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
damn it /v/ i was just replaying Rogue Leader.. and still can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: large.jpg (100 KB, 800x560) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
100 KB, 800x560
damn it /v/ i was just replaying Rogue Leader.. and still can't understand waht kind of wizardry Factor 5 did, for a Launch title it still looks and play amazingly well

I hate that there is no more Rogue Squadron game such a bitter end for an awesome series. i have high hopes that the Spin Off movie Rogue One would bring life once again for the Rogue Squadron Series
>>
>>322281824
>i have high hopes that the Spin Off movie Rogue One would bring life once again for the Rogue Squadron Series
>I have high hopes for EA's Rogue Squadron
Be careful what you wish for
>>
File: 1328861336599.jpg (21 KB, 251x234) Image search: [Google]
1328861336599.jpg
21 KB, 251x234
>Having high hopes
>When EA is involved

I wish I still had that childlike innocence
>>
>>322281824
I doubt a straight flying game would go down well with today's audiences. It's probably turn out like RS 3 with on-foot sequences...but EA would just say battlefront delivers all that the player needs
>>
>>322283847

shit i forgot EA has StarWars hostage... i man can dream for Rogue Squadron 4 R.I.P Factor5 ;..;
>>
Rogue One has nothing to do with Rogue Squadron, it's about the commando squad who steal the Death Star plans.
>>
>>322284493

Rogue Squadron games are NOT straight flying games. Only missions like Death Star are and just because they fucking were in the movies.
>>
>>322285280

So...Kyle Katarn?
>>
>>322285280

Why is that even a thing? Bothans stole the Death Star plans. Mon Mothma mentions it right before they launch the attack on the first Death Star.
>>
>>322285916
It was the second Death Star m8.
>>
>Reminder EA cancelled a 100% completed Trilogy Collection on Wii with added 1:1 motion + lightsaber battle mode
>>
>>322286002

oh, whoops. Thanks for that correction.
>>
>>322285916

Nope, the Bothans had the info about the Emperor being inside the second death star.
>>
>>322286021
That literally never happened. That was cancelled in 2007 when Factor 5 went bankrupt from Lair.
>>
i read there has been a breakthrough emulating this. people can run it fine now or something?
>>
There's a fully complete Rogue Squadron trilogy with bonus lightsaber duels for the Wii in the Lucas Arts archives.

EA is retarded enough to think it won't print money to just spend a week retooling it for xbone and ps4 and selling it at full price.
>>
>>322285604
I meant combat that only takes place using xwings, ties etc
>>
>>322286687

read this

>>322286649
>>
>>322286856

But it's star wars. People love star wars starship games.
>>
>>322286649
Superman killed Factor 5. Listen to the interview Julian Eggebrecht did. They were developing a Superman game but the publisher pulled out and they kept going hoping someone else would pick it up and they burned through their money. That interview was great. Those fucks had to reverse engineer an N64 dev kit.
>>
>>322286869
It was completed though. Lucas Arts absorbed the rights and code and did nothing with it, and now Disney Interactive and EA sit on it doing nothing either.

We used to have yearly Star Wars vidya ancestors the early 90's, but now we only get one shitty AAA title every 3 years.
>>
>>322286649

But it literally did happen.
>>
File: happypepe.jpg (48 KB, 438x400) Image search: [Google]
happypepe.jpg
48 KB, 438x400
>new star wars flyan game set in new trilogy
give it 4 or so years and it might be pretty good
https://youtu.be/ueqKtype7Kk?list=PLw47po_XjKZlDkXsCeG5x0gCH_UtkCyk4
>>
>>322289971

i dunno man...

EA Rogue Squadron

Base Game 5 mission with only X-Wing

DLC Misions and Ships 10$ each
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.