[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ark: Survival Evolved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ARK-2.jpg (766 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
ARK-2.jpg
766 KB, 2560x1440
Opinions on this game? I've played for about an hour and so far I don't really get it, plus it's winter so you die very easily especially if it's your first time playing.

Should I refund it or keep playing? I want a good survival game with a healthy community not an empty open world that will end up in battle royales a la H1Z1
>>
This is the best survival game out there by far. Shame it's so fucking unoptimized though.
>>
>>322278568
It is, I'm barely able to run in with a 980 and 6700k. Anyways, I'm not in the loop for this game's scene, do the devs actually put consistant effort in it?
>>
a worse rust
>>
File: kgfdv.jpg (14 KB, 228x225) Image search: [Google]
kgfdv.jpg
14 KB, 228x225
>>322280039
>>
I'd stay away from ARK for the time being

>buggy and optimized
>essentially forces you to join a clan if you want to have a dinosaur for more than a day

also

>servers are typically dominated by a few powerful clans
>members of these clans will ride around on level 100+ dinosaurs and kill new players
>this leads to new players quitting the server and eventually leads to the server being really empty
>>
>>322280039
how is it worse than rust? rust has decent gun play but less content and worse everything else.
>>
>>322280706
play in hardcore. you can dispatch the big tribes easier because a death can really set back a tribe in a war.
>>
>>322279260
yeah just check the news section on the store page. Hell they even take suggestions from the community.
>>
>>322278408
It was pretty fun for awhile.

Sucked losing everything repeatedly desu.

Maybe it would be better with a bigger map so you really had to scope some shit out to find people's bases and you could have better defense etc? I mean once someone knows its there, it's as good as gone. I guess the only thing I was able to do it save my shit was making 2 secret rooms in my base that held muh shit. Kind of a pain though because I had to destroy/build walls everytime I wanted to get at my stuff.

Also, I don't have several hours to capture a dinosaur. Not everyone is a NEET.
>>
>>322281408
What do you mean? It's a high maintenance game? How many hours a week to be able to get shit done?
>>
>>322281926
Well, your shit can get wrecked when you are offline m8. So, if you don't play often, you're fucked. I mean, your going to have to log in daily to rebuild your shit.

It's the most high maintenance game I've played now that I think about it.

Unless you wanted to play on a PVE server, but that is kind of a joke...
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.