[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>MGSV is a good game When will people stop spreading this lie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 15
File: mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg
307 KB, 1920x1080
>MGSV is a good game

When will people stop spreading this lie?
>>
>>322275304
But it is a good game.
>>
>>322275304
Best gameplay 2015.
>>
>>322275507
>>322275670
>Extract Prisoner Simulator 2015
>Good game
>>
File: 1442179951861.jpg (102 KB, 583x1000) Image search: [Google]
1442179951861.jpg
102 KB, 583x1000
its my game of the year you feg :^)
>>
Bbbbbbbbut the trailers!
>>
File: snek.jpg (100 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
100 KB, 640x640
>MGSV is an irredeemably shit 0/10 game because i'm a child who got myself hyped into thinking it would be the best thing ever

When will people stop spreading this meme?
>>
>>322275304
>/v/ goes on and on about gameplay being more important than story in videogames
>primary complaint about mgsv is story related
like pottery
>>
>>322275304
That game will forever be the biggest disappointment for me.
>>
Other than the lack of CQC options and shitty fucking repeated missions, the moment to moment gameplay was pretty enjoyable. The game's real problems were a fucking empty overworld and subjective story/plot issues. Didn't u rike it?
>>
>>322277832
5/10

That's mediocre at best

>Open world is boring and empty
>Characters are mostly boring and motives are stupid
>Missions are just fulton prisoner every time
>After fultoning this guy I forget him almost instantly
>Nothing I do holds weight
>No bosses
>Sneaking in to the same places over and over and over

It's literally the definition of mediocre.

>>322278052
>/v/ is a single person, and I hold the same opinion as everyone else
You'd have to count yourself in that too.
>>
>>322278052
The gameplay is also really repetitive, especially when compared to the other titles, you wouldn't know this though, because MGSV is your first MGS game.
>>
Do you think /v/ will come around on MGSV once MGO comes out?
>>
>>322278608
The majority of people would have the game on console, MGO is decent but it doesn't make MGSV a better game.
>>
>>322278478
Oh look, it is this meme.

In previous MGS games you move from room to room avoiding people or killing some. They were actually more repetitive.
>>
>>322278421
This. It's basically Ground Zeroes x100, but instead of a cool, cleverly made base with outside areas, inside areas and some diverse environments, we get an empty big map with copy pasted houses that make a base. Hell, Ground Zeroes had more variety with the shooting out of the helicopter mission and Raiden/Deja Vu unlockable missions.

>>322275670
Core mechanics are okay. But there is no level design, no boss fights, literally the most repetitive game I ever played with tons of grinding, terrible AI, and so on. All of this forms gameplay and considering those facts it's not that good.
>>
>>322278735
>what is pacing
>what is level design
>what is enemy patterns
>what are set pieces
>what are boss fights
>>
>>322278735
Sneaking around guards is infinitely more fun than chasing waypoints.
>>
>>322275304
When people stop having different opinions.
>>
>>322278735
MGS1 and MGS3 were really well paced and had so many great set pieces, boss fights and diverse level design that I haven't seen in any game.
>>
>>322278421
>No bosses
There were bosses....they were just very forgettable bosses. Quiet, burning man and Sahalanthrupus.

It there another I'm forgetting? I dunno, who gives a shit?
>>
>>322278749
>cool, cleverly made base
Nope.

>no boss fights
Nope.
>>
>>322275670
The gameplay is shit, the only good thing about the players interaction with the game is the way Snake controls. The open world is emptry, enemies follow the same patterns for everything, missions are repetitive (the side-ops in particular are the laziest and absolute most abhorrently dull kind of side activities I've seen in a game for a long time), CQC has been neutered from MGS4 and there's a ridiculous amount of completely unnecessary waiting (atrocious helecopter waiting sections before every single mission in the game, waiting for equipment drops instead of just allowing you to swap out weapons on the fly, waiting for weapons and mother base platforms to develop).

There's two interesting sneaking sections in the entire game. The jungle outside the mansion where Code Talker is kept and OKB Zero, and even then they're tiny sections and are pretty small and mediocre in ways to approach compared to even acts 1, 2, 4 and 5 in MGS4.

Why on Earth do people keep pushing this idea that MGSV has good gameplay? It's fucking horrendous and is a chore to play.
>>
>3 months later
>still crying
Holy fuck, shut up already manchildren.
>>
>>322279159
>>322279178
I'd rather have no bosses that the boring bullet sponge shitfest we got.
>>
Well memed OP
>>
>>322279159
>aww shit these kids are being tortured
>fuck, the burning man again
>spend 30 minutes just walking around the obviously placed pond assumed he'd fall in or some shit not noticing the canisters, getting more and more frustrated
what a boss
>>
>>322279286
>WOW WHY ARE THERE NO BOSSES
>there are
>WOW I WOULD PREFER IF THERE WEREN'T
>>
>>322279387
I wasn't the one who said there are no bosses.
>>
>>322279285
This holy shit.
Yes, the game was bad, fucking get over it.
Everyone here bitches about repetitiveness in MGSV, but you fucks have been making these threads and posting the same points over and over again since September.
>>
It plays 10/10, but the story is stupid, and so is the entire fob/base thing. I wanna be snake saving the world. Not grinding a base and shit.
>>
>>322279521
Why are you grinding then?
There's literally no reason to grind.
The only things the game asks you to grind are the Fulton and upgrading the base to 3/4 struts, which is now trivial considering invading a couple of base development FOBs give you more than enough to do it.
>>
>>322279285
>>322279514
You guys are just as bad for going into a complaint thread then complaining that other people are complaining, and before you shoot back that I'm a whiny bitch I haven't posted itt and find the game to be okay
>>
>people can't like games that I don't like

Then will people stop spreading this meme
>>
>>322275304
Why did you make this thread?
Did you want to spend a couple more hours complaining again and again about how bad TPP was?
You think yet another thread about this will change anything or that you will change anyone's opinion on it?
You will refuse to accept that people have different opinions, and you'll post the same flaws of the game again and again and again.
>>
>>322276425
This guy win the fag of the year
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2015-12-31 21-15-37-83.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2015-12-31 21-15-37-83.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>multiplayer PC date nearly here
wew
>>
Who gives a fuck, everyone here will automatically start liking MGSV when MGS6 comes out.
/v/ has applied the Zelda cycle to all games, so none of your opinion's are relevant.
I for one i'm just glad that Konami's reputation has been completely destroyed.
>>
>>322280115
Man, the Boss sneaking suit gives all female soldiers an amazing ass.
>>
File: HAIDARA.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HAIDARA.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>story spoiled in all the trailers
>cut content up the ass
>muddles up the timeline
>regen health
>shit bosses
>Peace Walker shit sucks, base isn't customizable, developing platforms and weapons takes too fucking long
>A Quiet End is by far the worst mission in any Metal Gear game

Still an 8/10 at least with the best core gameplay in the series, and as a single player game it was far better than MGS4. I can see how people can be disappointed in it but I don't understand how so-called Metal Gear fans could call it a bad game.

You can really tell that the people making MGO3 had never played MGO1 and 2 though, I made a real qt but ended up uninstalling V because the multiplayer was such shit
>>
>>322279774
I just preferred when I was a character in a story doing things. Not managing a base and recruiting troops and shit.
>>
>>322281028
The gameplay is only as good as the narrative and level design, and the places you sneaked in to were not designed well. Your missions seemed unimportant as opposed to the old games where you know you're sneaking in to a certain area to save the fucking president or talk to someone who has important information about your overall objective, and you ACTUALLY talk to them rather than holding triangle on them then having Miller say "He told us some neat stuff, he also said you need to fulton this next guy."

Shit bosses and characters, shit narrative and missions which hold no weight, badly designed areas to sneak in are why so-called Metal Gear fans call it a bad game. It lacks what the other metal gears had going for them.
>>
>>322281028
Gameplay is okay, but the stealth sucks ass. Splinter Cell is better at stealth, it rewards passing completely unseen.

MGSV practically forces you to fulton dudes.
>>
>>322280115
Its utter trash though, and it wont get any post release support either.
>>
>>322275304
Only reddit fagots actualy belive the game is bad because they only play videogames for the story
>>
>>322282161
But MGS4 had trash story and that felt great to play.

Far better than MGSV
>>
>>322282336
oh of course it did
with the 8 direction movement. tank prone controls and the fucking PRESS A BUTTON TO GET IN THIS WALL
>>
question, i havent played phantom pain yet

yeah, i know you play as medic stfu

im on ground zeroes right now...

does phantom pain perform the same as ground zeroes on ps4, or worst?
>>
File: HAIDARAAA.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HAIDARAAA.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>322281620
>and the places you sneaked in to were not designed well.
Bullshit, as a whole there were a few areas that were on the same level as something like Groznyj Grad, like OKB Zero (even though there are a few ways to cheese it).

Fultoning is also a choice for the most part, other times you can just drive out of the area with the prisoner and they'll be automatically extracted once you're out. The game did get repetitive in this regard but it takes quite a while for it to reach this point, just like any other Metal Gear game.
>>
>>322282503
>PRESS A BUTTON TO GET IN THIS WALL
The 'sticky' cover system in MGSV isn't much better, it can be awkward sometimes.
>>
>>322282619
>a few
the thing is the majority of the time playing, you weren't sneaking in these "few" places. You were sneaking in the same shitty designed areas you did before.

And no you don't have to fulton, but it doesn't take away from the fact that you're just extracting a prisoner who to you, means little, he's just a faceless, nameless prisoner you've been told to get. And this happens again and again and again. They're sort of comparable to VR missions in that respect, zero narrative.

>>322282503
>gameplay just consists of controls
>>
>>322282614
flawlessly
>>
>>322282983
>You were sneaking in the same shitty designed areas you did before.
and people love MGS2 for that
>he's just a faceless, nameless prisoner you've been told to get.
like almost every mission on every metal gear game
>>
>>322282336
>But MGS4 had trash story and that felt great to play.
MGO maybe, but MGS4 gameplay was all kinds of retarded. For starters they kept the same camo index as MGS3 even though octocamo will never provide as much coverage as it did in Snake Eater, even if you're wearing the mask. The game was also designed around the dumb as fuck "threat ring" because Sony went full retarded and weren't going to feature rumble support for the PS3. Not to mention that only the first two chapters and one area of the final chapter allow for gameplay freedom, almost everything else is a chore

And all of this talk about "no weight, bad characters" in MGSV just serves to remind me of Drebin and Johnny in 4, who by far are worse than any underdeveloped character from V.
>>
>>322281620
>gameplay is only as good as the narrative

yeah, lol
>>
>>322282983
>he's just a faceless, nameless prisoner you've been told to get.
YOU'RE AMES, AREN'T YOU?
>>
>>322283271
The thing is, I still remember having to go find president baker, the DARPA chief, Meryl, the president in MGS2, emma emmerich, in MGS3 we had Sokolov, Raikov and that fat drunk guy, I forgot his name but I remember his personality.

How many of the prisoners in MGSV do you remember?

>You were sneaking in the same shitty designed areas you did before.
>shitty designed
>>
>>322282983
>And this happens again and again and again

wow it's almost like you're a member of a PMC carrying out contracts for different clients...

Then of course there's other type of missions like Traitor's caravan or Metallic Archea, or Back Up Back Down where different objectives are presented each with different ways to approach.
>>
>>322275304
When it stops making Kuntomi money.
The thing you need to understand about gamers is most of them get their opinons from IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku, and other wellsprings of faggotry.
Now these sites need review copies and a publisher has the right to withhold these people review copies making their reviews post release, which makes them less money.
With me so far? Ok now this was a problem before but now it's a huge problem because now, there's only a handful of mega publishers like EA, activision-blizzard, square-anus, and you guessed it....Konami. Now you can't offend a company like that because if you do, you lose money. Throw in the fact that they pay you to advertise their games for them and what you get is.....
IGN 10/10 "masterpiece"
with the only negative being....the story....a metal gear game......the one that ends them all.....has no story....and it's a 10/10.
Hope this helps you guys out, you all seem confused.
>>
>>322283709
>KAz
>hideo
>Fancy Elephant one of my best soldiers and the guy i had to shot last during that scene
maybe i just realy good to record faces
>>
>>322283898
or... it's a good game???
>>
File: MGSV-Huey-Emmerich[1].jpg (48 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-Huey-Emmerich[1].jpg
48 KB, 800x450
>>322283709
>How many of the prisoners in MGSV do you remember?
>>
>Boot up game to claim daily bonus.
>Several invasion notifications, all successful defenses but one.
>Check that one out.
>Guy got caught within 15 seconds.
>He somehow kills every guard on a level 58 defense FOB quickly and on alert.
>Go to invade him.
>Every guard is S++ everything.

I though every hacker got elevated to the top with only other hackers after a month? I've had to change my defense settings back to non-lethal just because of this fucker when my non-lethal equipment is behind development wise compared to my lethal stuff.
>>
>>322284020
Is it a masterpiece?
What about Uncharted 3, The Last of Us, and Grand Theft Auto V.
All masterpieces?
Keep in mind we're not talking "good" we're talking holy fucking shitballs 10/10 generation defining games like Super Mario 64 10/10 I just pissed myself good.
>>
>>322284000
Kaz I'll give you, Hideo is only in GZ isn't he?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDtj-2qnTXk
>>
>>322284290
sure
>>
>>322284316
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55NjoQXln5s
>>
>>322284316

There's a side op to rescue him in TPP. That's how you get him if you didn't import him from GZ.
>>
>>322284415
Then you prove my point. You get your opinons from IGN, like most gaymers.
Fuck no MGS 5 is not a 10/10, for one thing, it's loaded with microtransactions.
The Last of Us isn't a 10/10, I gave my copy away to a guy I know and he was so bored by it he couldn't be fucked to even play the damn thing.
>>
>>322283709
>The thing is, I still remember having to go find president baker, the DARPA chief, Meryl, the president in MGS2, emma emmerich, in MGS3 we had Sokolov, Raikov and that fat drunk guy, I forgot his name but I remember his personality.
That's the thing though, and that's where your critique comes across as retarded: MGSV is not like other Metal Gear Solid games. Every Metal Gear game before 4 was centered around one particular operation (well I guess 2 in Snake Eater as well), and the characters you run into are a major part of the narrative because they need to guide you to your next location. V outright has "OPERATIONS" on the title, meaning that you're just taking on any kind of job and those side missions don't need to have an impact on the story.

Think of it as Taxi missions in GTA and you're getting butthurt that your fares aren't advancing the story. That's how fucking stupid your complaint is.
>>
>>322284630
well, that's just your opinion I suppose
>>
File: Jornalism.jpg (378 KB, 1308x964) Image search: [Google]
Jornalism.jpg
378 KB, 1308x964
>>322284630
>>322284630
>gaymers.
some one still buthurt
>>
>>322284779
I specifically called Kotaku a wellspring of faggotry and the word gamer is gay as fuck thus gaymer. Deal with it nigger.
>>322284753
The last of us maybe could be subjective but a game being loaded with microtransactions, no matter how good the rest of the game may or may not be, should never be considered a 10/10 game. microtransactions are universally a bad thing.
>>
>second half of the game is replaying the same missions
>good
fuck you faggots this game was shit
>>
I wanna say that I'm a long time MGS fan and didn't look in to any reviews prior to playing. I have a friend who's also a big MGS fan and for the first few days we both played non-stop, talking to each other about stuff as we did it. He got about 30 hours in while I was at around 20 and that's when I sent him a message asking if he felt like he'd progressed anywhere, and we both realised the pacing was fucked and it never felt like we were moving forward.

We played more and more and for me it just became tiring and I stopped, only beat it when I went back to it a week later, which before that point I'd asked if the rumours about the story and the medic were true, and they were. That was sort of the cherry on top of the shitpile for me.
>>
>>322284979
>microtransactions are universally a bad thing.

not necessarily, especially if it's optional
>>
>>322285008
The missions are designed to be replayable and there are different parameters to make it harder so it's not bad really
>>
>>322285056
Name one game that's been improved by microtransactions.
Hell, name one game that's had microtransactions added to it and people were neutral to the idea.
>>
>>322285163
it's not that big of a deal. Get a job maybe?
>>
>>322285160
>replay SAME MISSIONS on a harder difficultly
>good
>not lazy design
>>
I enjoyed it, albeit I'm not a diehard MGS fan (Though I have played all the others). I got 130+ hours out of it, which is more than I get out of most games.

Even if you didn't like it, /v/ has blown it way out of proportion. Objectively speaking it's a decent game at the very least yet everyone here gets more assblasted than they do over Undertale and Fallout 4 and act like it's the worst game ever that slit their dogs throat.
>>
>>322284706
It's fair for side missions to just be standard operations like saving/assassinating unidentified characters, but even the main missions barely have an impact on the story most of the time and play exactly the same as the side missions. There would be no complaints if there was a substantial and cohesive (for Kojima, anyway) narrative in the main missions with the side stuff placed where it belongs. Thing is, there would be about 15 main missions if this was the case and this game doesn't have an interesting enough story to have that kind of format anyway.
>>
I feel like it's the best fucking game ever right up until these certain things

>realise an option to fast forward will never become available for arriving or leaving in helicopters
>try completing side ops completely and understanding how fucking repetitive they are.
>Fully upgrading the helicopter only to realize that the most basic un upgraded helicopter is the best because of the gmp cost and the upgrades like flares and such are practically useless 99 percent of the time.
>Suddenly realize the story isn't actually touching upon anything worthwhile you don't get to meet or train Solid nor Frank, Zero becomes a dindunoffin, etc.
>codecs a shit, first game to let you speak to Ocelot via codec and it's him talking about enemy gunships and nothing else.
>A landscape of nothing but outposts. There are entire towns that are empty save for a few soldiers.
>FOB system that is involuntary although you can JUST SIGN OUT SENPAI=)

When you first start playing not all of this is apparent and for me it was 10/10 but once it becomes obvious it sunk to something like 3/10.

As much as I was excited for an open world game, if Ground zeroes had more missions as detailed as camp omega and the story was as intense it would of easilly blown TPP out of the water.

Very sad for a fan like me whos been excited since project Ogre. Now I have no faith in anything except fighting games and even SFV and Tekken 7 look washed out and crappy in ways.
>>
>>322285331
again, the missions are designed to be replayable. They aren't heavily scripted linear segments, so it mostly works
>>
>>322285256
Doesn't matter whether or not I personally can afford them. To be honest, I haven't even played that game because I won't support Konami. The point is, you get your opinions from games journalism which is controlled by publishers. You wouldn't know a decent game if it punched you in the dick because you're a brainscrubbed retard.
>>
>>322285491
no
>>
>>322275304
It's Fallout 4-tier. Mediocore dumbed down shooter with awful story and characters.
>>
>>322285056
>especially if it's optional
Microtransactions WILL effect how the game is designed, since they want you to buy them. Their existence in a game is a red flag.
>>
>>322285480
it doesn't work, it's an unfinished game, The first half was amazing, but fuck the "second half." Lazy and unfinished.
>>
File: 1358171352422.png (222 KB, 417x250) Image search: [Google]
1358171352422.png
222 KB, 417x250
>>322285331
>multiple difficulties
>lazy design
How underaged are you? Higher difficulties are traditionally the way that games add replayability
>>
File: stgsnw.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
stgsnw.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>322280115
Can roleplay as The Boss
>>
>>322285735
>Microtransactions WILL effect how the game is designed

doesn't mean there's a negative impact. Besides, you still earn MB Coins without paying a cent
>>
File: mgsVmap_mine.jpg (66 KB, 884x564) Image search: [Google]
mgsVmap_mine.jpg
66 KB, 884x564
>>322275304
>>"Open world"
>>
>>322285713
because the preceding games were top-tier shooters amirite? :^)
>>
>>322285797
replaying the same missions for the second half of the game, charging $60 and calling it a "finished" product is not cancer? wew la
>>
File: 1443396052125.jpg (46 KB, 307x411) Image search: [Google]
1443396052125.jpg
46 KB, 307x411
>2016
>/v/ is still having autistic outbursts about V and refuses to give it any credit
>>
File: 1288428815774.png (85 KB, 312x393) Image search: [Google]
1288428815774.png
85 KB, 312x393
>>322285491
I bet you're one of those people that uses the word "sheeple" in real life
>>
>>322285775
The first half was good enough to stand alone as a single game. Then, thanks to the way the game is designed you could potentially keep playing forever so that's nice too.

Just because the game doesn't follow the format of your favorites in the series does not mean it's a bad game, and it's unfair to call it bad just because it doesn't
>>
>>322285853

I can earn your Mother's base coins without paying a cent as well
>>
>>322285853
That's precisely what it means.
Why would you give them money unless they design the game to make you feel like you're missing out by not giving them money.
It's free to play 101.
>>
>>322285964
Never said anything about other MGS games so not sure where you are going with this :)
>>
>>322275507
Yeah I agree
This could be MGS for casuals beacause of the difficulty but it is a good game
I give 7/10
>>
>>322285853
>doesn't mean there's a negative impact.
Yes it does, they will want to deliberately make the game less fun to play if you don't buy them. If they didn't, there would be no reason for people to give up their shekels.
>>
>>322286046
when everything you can buy is entirely optional and doesn't affect the base game in anyway, then it's not a big deal. It's not the developer's fault people are stupid enough to want something just because there's a price tag on it.
>>
>>322286281
>This could be MGS for casuals beacause of the difficulty
The difficulty ramps up if you've got heroism out the ass.
Last few missions were a pain in the ass because of riot suit cocksuckers.
>>
It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but it certainly is not a great game nor was it GOTY in 2015. It had far too many flaws and bad design choices.

It COULD have been GOTYAYEYFAT, but it wasn't and unfortunately I think many people know that but pretend like it was the game it could have been and artificially raise it to a level it does not deserve.

I think "good game" is apt. Not bad, not great. Just good.
>>
>>322286336
There really isn't any reason to spend money. All it does is speed up development time, which isn't a big deal to everybody and isn't necessary at all to complete the game
>>
>>322286363
It actually is their fault.
They're the ones that put the price tag on it and it's now their job to make a good game that could be better if you spend more money.
Which means a game with microtransactions can't be perfect, it's made less than optimal by design.
>>
>>322285994
You don't even have to play them fuckwad
>>
>>322286336
That sounds like a self fullfilling prophecy to me
>Regular game has tough segment
>"Wow that's bullshit"
>Game that gives you extra lives/bullet/healing for real money has a tough segment
>"WOWWWWWWW THEY JUST WANT MORE AND MORE MONEY HUH"
>>
>>322286620
YES YOU DO!
>>
>>322286635
>under no circumstances would a publisher or dev team make a game too hard on purpose to try to milk money from customers.
There's literally no way I'll believe you're an adult. This is an entirely new level of retardation.
>>
>>322286726
No you don't.
I didn't play any of the replay missions until after the ending.
When you have to wait on missions to pop up for the story you can just do some side ops.
At NO point in the game are you EVER forced to replay missions.
Spreading misinfo only shows you're desperate and have an Ax to grind.
>>
>>322286536
ehh, whatever you say. You can shit on the practice all you want and I don't outright disagree, but the presence of it alone isn't enough to prove the game is designed around it.
>>
>>322286620
>you don't even have to play half of the game if you don't wanna!
>>
>>322286726
You don't though. You can just do Side-Ops until the actual missions unlock.
>>
>>322286840
>Strawmanning because I pointed out your stupid fallacy.
Unless you have proof of this particular instance you're talking out of your ass buddy.
There's 0 gameplay reasons to buy this shit, as you can scout for soldiers literally ANY TIME you want in the game.
>>
>>322286873
>At NO point in the game are you EVER forced to replay missions.
Explain the final story mission then. That is 90% the exact same as the first mission.
>>
>>322286726
The replays literally aren't required to beat

You can just go to free roam and call a bombardment on a few side ops
>>
>>322286930
Either you think the "hard mode" missions are half the game or you misinterpreted what I said. Either way, ur dum
>>
>>322285907
this

the thing about making gta in the desert is that there aint shit init

mgsv is the farthest thing from open world
>>
>>322287045
Well shit, you got me there.
I just made that statement assuming the retard meant you had to play any missions that said [REPLAY] on it.
But I'll grant you this, you're right.
However that mission is definately a good use of replaying a mission as it sheds a new light on the intro instead of replaying it for nothing like the other ones.
>>
>>322287175
They're different types of open world. MGSV isn't meant to be roamed around like GTAV
>>
>>322287398
Then there's no point in making it open world, is there?

It just adds time, not value
>>
>>322287849
there's more than one way of doing open world
>>
>>322275304
It's story is shit, I'll admit that, but I didn't let that ruin the game for me. But the gameplay is so fucking solid. I'd go as far as to say it has probably the best gameplay of the year.
>>
>>322275304
It's a good game
It's a bad MGS game
>>
>>322287398
if you cant roam then you should take advantage of point of attack right?

so after you get off the helicopter you either
1)off road to outpost
2)on road to outpost

once you reach outpost you either
1)fulton everyone at the base
2)there is no 2

>>322287952

all missions are just fulton until the one you fulton is the right one
>>
File: OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDD.png (112 KB, 1272x641) Image search: [Google]
OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDD.png
112 KB, 1272x641
Well stop spreading the lie when it starts becoming one cupcake.
Your "opinion" is worth less than trash.
>>
>>322288340
>It's a good game
There's that meme again
>>
It's everything and nothing I expected. That's pretty good in on itself.
>>
>>322288342
No, the point is to interrogate as much as possible to get all the secrets and farm the resources. Fultoning is for resources and the handful of exceptional soldiers you find.

Then you have vehicles to help you move from outpost to outpost
>>
>>322288678
so just like watch dogs
>>
>>322288814
uh, sure
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.