[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic unrelated. TLDR; I am a PS4 owner and thinking about getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Bloodborne™_20151204201938.jpg (433 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20151204201938.jpg
433 KB, 1920x1080
Pic unrelated.

TLDR; I am a PS4 owner and thinking about getting a PC.

As a long time console user, PS1->4. I am considering getting a PC to play some games on the off chance they do get ported over and to play some multiplats like Deus Ex at higher settings since it seems I can get those games for cheap or free.

I am just worried about one thing, I currently enjoy games at 30fps and do not see a problem with this frame rate at all. I am worried that once I go 60fps I won't be able to go back and enjoy the other exclusives on my PS4.

How big of a problem is this for people who idort? How much money do I really need to spend on my PC as well? Keep in mind framerate isn't a big issue for me but if I do purchase a PC I want to see a really significant upgrade in graphics.
>>
Is this the right place to ask? Are there better boards for this?
>>
> am worried that once I go 60fps I won't be able to go back and enjoy the other exclusives on my PS4.

its true. its like converting to christianity but still having to listen to atheists.
>>
It's bullshit. 60 fps is severly overrated. Sure, it's nice and I would prefer it to 30, but 30 isn't a complete game killer.
>>
>>322273603
We have a winner

Seriously though.

Your head will hurt, Your eyes will strain
and you will wonder how you ever played that shit without your eyes bleeding.
>>
File: criesinkorean.gif (1006 KB, 245x189) Image search: [Google]
criesinkorean.gif
1006 KB, 245x189
>>322273940
I don't really care about framerate though and I'm really scared and worried that it will prevent me from enjoying video games.

I just want to know about graphical improvements and if you can double it on PC and how much it costs to do that.
>>
>>322274265
It won't. I play both 30fps games and 60fps games and I can still enjoy both, don't fall for r\masterrace memes.
>>
>>322274265
if you view 30 frames of a game a second
you have 1/2 the frames you would view per second

this slows down time and how you perceive actions executed in a slower world

if you have ever tripped on mushrooms and used a computer and seen the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps and 120 fps you would be able to notice the eye trick that makes stuff look like it's moving faster at 120.

It really has to do with your eyes and your own brain

this means that frames are subjective to how well you eyes work.

I don't really know whether or not it would ruin games for you, but it certainly would show you how virtual reality tricks your brain.
>>
>>322273427
I spent 600 bucks on my PC last year and it is a lot more powerful than my PS4. Downside is how well the games are optimized for PC with a build of that price, MGSV and GTAV run really well while Mad Max runs like shit for example

800 to a grand will put you in a good spot, just youtube some build videos for dec 2015
>>
>>322273427
>Pay 6k for a gaming PC
>All there is to play are multiplats and MOBAS
>Indies
>Visual novels
>MMOs

Don't do it, sonybro. Stick to the ps4
>>
>>322274750
>>322274982

Hm that's some good information, it seems to be a gamble in that case. Dam I just kinda want more graphics perhaps it's not worth it.

I think i'll just stay put at the moment, I don't even have $300 to my name anyways =/ fuck
>>
>>322275187
keep your shekels for another day
>>
ps4+pc here, also owned all the other sony consoles as you do.
anyway, what made me switch to pc in the late part of last gen were, graphics aside, screen tearing and inconsistent framerate.
now, for the few games ive played on ps4, theres not a single screen tear and framerate is mostly consistent (bb aside, whose engine has frame pacing issues in certain scenarios). not having too many issues going from pc to ps4 back and forth, just keep yourself further away from the screen while playing on consoles.

anyway framerate is literally a meme, what gives a smooth experience is not high framerate, but a consistent frametime
>>
>>322274265

I play on pc (i7 and meme card) at 60 fps and switch to my ps4 back and forth all the time.

There's none of this retarded tryhard bullshit retards like >>322274095 and >>322273603 say. This board is fucking overrun with these fucking teenagers that heard about this place on r/4chan and came straight out of r/pcmasterrace. Don't listen to them.

FPS is something you get used to on the fly. You'll just "suffer" some major disparity if you go from, say, something at 60 fps to something at 30 fps immediately, but even then you'll get used to it. Takes me merely seconds to stop thinking about it.

I was just playing bloodborne then I switched to dying light on pc with everything maxed out at 60 fps, then I went back to bloodborne after my friend which I was playing with left without any problem.

Sure 60 fps is great and every game should be running at this frame rate but it doesn't really matter. A shit game will still be a shit game regardless of the fps its running at and a great game will still be a great game regardless of which fps it's running at.

I have one reservation though. At pc I feel like 60 fps is mandatory if you're playing with mouse and keyboard because the camera pans are much more aggressive than those of a controller. I always turn down settings until I stay at 60 fps at all times on pc.

As for a really nice build that will be certainly worth your money and give you a really big improvement over your ps4, get something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8BDNrH

Alternatively change the gpu for a 390. That's up to you.

I play every multiplat on pc and exclusives on the ps4. It's a really good combo and you won't miss out on anything relevant.
>>
>>322276661
Interesting post my man, especially about the camera with kb and mouse and yeah if I do go PC I want a a nice big improvement. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>322277063

The issue with fps and mouse is that a mouse is much more accurate than a controller stick. So if the fps is low, meaning there will be more input lag, you'll definitely feel like it's a chore to properly aim and mess around with the camera.

Not an issue on controller though, at least not to the extent that 60 fps would feel mandatory as it feels like for me when I'm playing with a mouse.

But anyway you said earlier you have only 300 bucks so don't bother yet. You can stay with only a ps4 just fine tbqh. PC is kind of an enthusiast thing. It's fun and all but meh, I wouldn't recomend blowing money on one just for some frivolous improvements if you're on a tight budget like you are because it's the recipe for staying poor.

It's just vidya, man.
>>
>>322273427
How fucking stupid are you? Being a gamer without a gaming PC?

You need to fuck off from this world forever.
>>
File: 1370380691443.jpg (229 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1370380691443.jpg
229 KB, 717x880
>>322277508
>>
>>322274750
>/v/: armchair optometrists

This is 100% made up bullshit, in case anyone was wondering.
>>
>>322273603
I'd say it's more like the opposite: Becoming an atheist and having to listen to Christians.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.