[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ So, I've been obsessed with these guitar hero/rock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled-1.png (1 MB, 768x637) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
1 MB, 768x637
Hey /v/

So, I've been obsessed with these guitar hero/rock band games lately.

Pic related is what I own.

Which ones should I skip? What should I pick up?

Favorite genres are grunge and metal, if it helps
>>
>>322267476
GH3 is the best one. No doubt.

What console do you play these on OP?
>>
>>322267901
360, because anything second hand on 360 is dirt cheap.
>>
>>322267476
GH Live is pretty good if you're willing to adapt to the new layout
>>
Rockband 2 is by far the best.
Objectively my opinion is better, i was (maybe still am) ranked top 50 in almost all songs, disc and dlc in expert drums
>>
>>322267476
GH3
GH2/Rocks the 80s
Skip GH Live its garbage, don't listen to the fanboys who defend it. the new controller squeaks all the time and the music choices are all pop metal and pop rock
skip Rock Band Lego
also I'm sorry that you have band hero, hope you didn't pay too much for it
>>
>>322268494
I like rock band 3, just because I can have all of the songs. You cant transport 3 songs to 2.

also having QotSA and TCV in one game is dope

>>322268505
Band hero came in a bundle with RB1 and GHWOR at a garage sale, it was 99 cents.

also rock band lego is a thing?
>>
>>322268731
Rockband 3 sucked for online play, so I didn't play it on top of the fact that I didn't like the majority of the songs because they needed to have a keyboard track
>>
File: Guitar_Hero_Metallica.jpg (93 KB, 256x315) Image search: [Google]
Guitar_Hero_Metallica.jpg
93 KB, 256x315
Guitar hero metallica would be perfect for you. Lots of metal and grungey stuff.
>>
>>322268898
I don't really play the online, so not a problem for me. Also, I could create my dream band easily.
Lemmy on bass
Josh homme singing
Dave Grohl on drums
Jimi Hendrix on guitar

I can see where you're coming from though, keyboard is kinda pointless. But you can just delete songs you don't like so eh, to each their own

>>322268957
HOLY FUCK THIS IS A THING
>>
>>322268505
sounds like you got a faulty guitar. I'm sure OP is interested in a variety of genres and will be fine with the selection in GHTV
>>
>>322269225
I'm gonna look at the setlist, I'll get back to you
>>
>>322267476
>RB3
>GH3
>GH6 with hacked DLC
>Phase Shift (PC)

that's all you ever need
>>
You have mostly good stuff there, anon. Pick up Guitar Hero: Metallica, though. It has objectively the best gameplay in the entire series. Also, Metallica.

Get III while you're at it, it's dirt cheap and has a great soundtrack. Smash Hits and 5 are both piles of shit. Never played Van Halen.
>>
>>322269391
GH Live's setlist is trash, GHTV (the online portion of the game) is 1000x better and isn't full of shit. Though that setlist is forever updating so you cannot look up a current list
>>
>>322269617
Having to pay for points to play more songs is completely fucking unacceptable.

>>322269503
Hacked DLC on 360? Explain
>>
>>322267476

Skip all of these and look into Rocksmith.
>>
>>322269752
the DLC Store on GH was shutdown years ago, look up for tutorials on 360 modding scene webpages
>>
>>322269903
Any links?
>>
>>322269872
>comparing a music game like RB/GH with a NO FUN ALLOWED guitar learning software
>>
Fuck I wish GHL didn't have the stupid grind to play setup since the six buttons is actually pretty fun and challenging

any hopes of rb ever adopting it?
>>
>>322269752
You don't have to pay, the game practically throws them at you when you first start playing and if you're actually good you rack up coins in now time to purchase them for free. I've owned the game for about a month an I haven't even went through over 20 of those things since I just use the channels that stream songs that you can play.
>>
File: Capture.png (6 KB, 468x135) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6 KB, 468x135
OP here, heres my current list.

Anything else I should consider or change?

>>322269872
I'm a drum man (though i don't play drums in the games, just guitar), not trying to learn guitar. Just playing these for the fun.
>>
>>322270130
Theres alot of contention with this game. I think I'm gonna try it for myself, maybe return it if I don't like it. I just don't really like the way they changed the buttons. Even if it does make more sense
>>
>>322270272
>discarding Rock Band 3

nigga.....
>>
File: The_Beatles_Rock_Band_box_art.jpg (25 KB, 320x400) Image search: [Google]
The_Beatles_Rock_Band_box_art.jpg
25 KB, 320x400
If you want to have fun
>>
>>322270597
I already have RB3
>>322270797
jesus that's a weird one. Is it JUST beatles? I'm more of a rolling stones guy, though I do like beatles
>>
>>322270548
I would say most of the hate for the game comes from the awful LIVE mode and old fans raging about the new layout. It took me about 2 hours to adjust to the layout, but when I did you immediately realize it's a lot better than the old layout. Just watch out for metal hour on GHTV since that will absolutely kick your shit in
>>
>>322270272
GHL has the most enjoyable guitar gameplay since GH3 but its other gimmick other than the guitar is Activision Jewery. You grind random songs across two channels, a rock/metal or indie/pop channel to pick a song from the pool to play using the currency Play, one per one play of one song. After the leveling up Plays received it's like 5-6 songs on the channels for one Play. If you really want to master a song you pay for it with cash, but you only get unlimited play with that one song for 24 hours.
>>
>>322271141
What is LIVE mode?
And are there still hammer ons/pull offs?
>>
>>322271141
I would like it more if I could actually purchase songs. I get what they were going for and I like competing against others online for top 3 against random songs but I want to learn some of the harder shit without grinding
>>
>>322271257
If I wanted to master a song I'd probably just use practice mode like every other guitar hero
>>
OP again, I've been looking all over the damn place. How do I get all the dlc fucked into my xbox for GH6? I've never tried to mod an xbox, only a wii and a psp
>>
>>322271268
Live mode is basically like the story mode of the game, it's well-produced and all but the song selection is just a bunch of normie-core shit. I guess you could enjoy it but a lot of the songs chosen are Hit me with your best shot-tier.

Yes there's hammer ons, but they are a little tricky since the way to tell if they are hammer ons is hard to see but you'll get used to it.

>>322271459
Yeah I dislike that too, but that's Activision for ya.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.