[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wii U thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: wii_u_6.jpg (25 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
wii_u_6.jpg
25 KB, 640x350
I just got a Wii U and have a couple of questions.

I'm in Europe. Do Virtual Console games regularly go on sale, or should I get everything I want straight away, as they won't get cheaper anyway?

Also, which is better Mario or Luigi U (the 2D platformers) or should I get both?

Other recommendations and comments are welcome as well.
>>
>>322265035
where are the fucking games anon
>>
>Wii U thread
lmao
>>
Nintendo eshop sales are 90% garbage indie games and 10% meh indie games
>>
>>322265035
You just missed a big sale
>>
>>322265414
So, the classic SNES, N64 and GBA games usually don't get discounts?
>>
>>322265559
mostly only in their first few weeks.

Like, buy 1 get one half price, or they'll be 1/2 off or something
>>
>>322265186
Thanks for the input, anon.
>>
>>322265641
Ah ok, thanks. I will just get a bunch of them then.
>>
>>322265186

Go back to your salesthread sonyfriend.
>>
This is a general thread go to /vg/
>>
>>322265035
Hack the vWii, put emulators in and you're all done. VC releases are darker than the originals.
>>
>>322265926
What about the GBA games? I'd like to be able to play them off-screen. Is the emulation any good?
>>
>>322265840
video *games* general

This isn't a game.
>>
>>322266167
From the top of my head, nes, snes, gba, genesis, some psx games and some n64 games.

You can stream the image to the gamepad, but you need a wiimote, classic controller pro, or a pro controller to play. Gbatemps has all you need.
>>
>>322265769
This coming from a nintendrone who can't shut up about Splatoon sales.
>>
>>322266717
Thanks. But I'd like to simply play them by using the gamepad. Does anyone know if the GBA games from the eshop look good on the gamepad, or do they suffer from the same problems as described above (too dark etc.)?
>>
>>322267431
It looks darker, but not too much. N64 games suffer more from that. There's a pixel softener (garbage imo) and you can remap buttons.
>>
>>322268131
Thanks, I'll get one game then first to test how GBA games look.

Can anyone give me some input about New Mario/Luigi Bros U? Are they completely different games?
>>
>>322268606
Luigi U is a standalone expansion to NSMBU. Different levels and shorter than the original game. Is hard as fuck.
>>
>>322268850
Sounds good. I might get the double pack then. It's quite pricey though.
>>
>>322268993
That's one of the low points of the WiiU. Games are really expensive and they never go down in price. Try to look for used ones. A lot of good games are not worth the price tag (Tropical Freeze comes to mind).
>>
>>322269448
I remember when I was looking for a gift for my brother one or two years ago. Back then I saw both NSMBU and the Luigi game for around 20 Euro each everywhere. I think it is simply because they don't reprint games that prices get so high. Tropical Freeze is on my radar too but I might just borrow it from my bro.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.