[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this game /v? I've played a lot of games apparently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: jade empire.jpg (14 KB, 329x153) Image search: [Google]
jade empire.jpg
14 KB, 329x153
How is this game /v? I've played a lot of games apparently similar, like mass effect and kotor, kotor 1 being one of my favourite games of all time. I've heard mixed results about this game, though it's on really cheap for the steam sale and was wondering if it was worth it? Cheers
>>
>>322264159
It's pretty good. It's got like a beat-em-up combat system and a good range of roleplaying options.

Feels unfinished though. I think it's free on Origin right now (or it was a while back.)
>>
>>322264580
Does it have a karma system? I love games where I can be a total asshole cunt
>>
It's like a more casual KOTOR with boring characters and story.
>>
It's the only game Bioware put some effort into making it good by adding interesting characters and a good plot twist.
>>
It's decent enough for one playthrough. Some fun characters and combat but it was very forgettable.

Fox Spirits were hot.
>>
>>322264757
sort of
but it's the Chinese "i'm being an asshole to you so you realize that you could have always solved your own damn problems you shit npc" kind of philosophy
>>
>>322264809
It has a better plot twist than the KOTOR1 one.
>>
why is cultural appropriation ok when it's against the chinese?
>>
>>322266113
Because there's too many of them.
>>
it's decent. the combat takes a bit of getting used to. you can also see modern bioware's writing start to manifest itself in this game.
>>
>>322265024
Well, it presents itself that way.

But it's Bioware, so it's just save cat or rape cat.
>>
surprisingly interesting battle system, but also a little bugged

didn't care about most of the characters tho, aside from maybe silk fox because i wanted to impregnate her

i also like how they name everyone, like "sagacious tien" or "shithead ming"
>>
Free on Origin.
>>
Combat system is shitty and allows you to stunlock nearly every enemy in the game with starting shit. Setting is alright, writing is okayish, most of the game is linear but there is a nice part that's more open. Basically don't expect anything better than a 5.5/10 game and you'll be fine
>>
>>322266770
>5.5/10
>not 55/100
kill yourself
>>
>>322264159
it's decent. Unbearable if you cant handle the voice acting
>>
>>322266113
The Chinese themselves are very adept at destroying their own culture anyway.
>>
>>322268269

kek

hail mao tse tung
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.