[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the /v/erdict on this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: FatalFrame_PALbox.jpg (64 KB, 456x642) Image search: [Google]
FatalFrame_PALbox.jpg
64 KB, 456x642
What's the /v/erdict on this game?
>>
I absolutely LOVE it
>>
>>322260026

Great not amazing. Solid 8/10.

However it's not the best in the series

2 > 5 > 1 > 2 (Wii version) > 4 > 3
>>
>>322261537
I have only played the first one and i find it a very good game. Very Solid and full of tension.

The reviews are wrong this time, the game has it's own movement mechanics and controls which need to be getting used to but besides that the presentation is good, it has random encounters and the gameplay holds itself up very well.
>>
>>322260026
Wii u one is terrible. Like action game now, not even scary. Surprisingly shite with the gamepad screen (dull graphics). Id say steer cleAr unless your desperate for a horror genre game.
>>
I'm currently playing with 2 other mates, we're having real fun. It's my first game of this series tho so I'd like some help.
If we were to play the rest of them, what order should we play them in? Or are they disconnected from each other?
>>
>>322262783
It doesn't play that much different from the earlier games.
>>
>>322262806

There's references here and there.

Otherwise, emulate 1 and 2 ASAP (you'll find a hard time going back to them mechanically). I'd say ignore 3 for the time being (it's a bit of a slog and doesn't do the multi protag thing as well as 5), and if you can be arsed get a translated ROM for 4, although be warned that it's the black sheep of the franchise.

So yeah. Play them in any order you want, but keep in mind it'll be hard to go back
>>
>>322263374
Cool, thanks anon. I've adapted really quickly to the gamepad gameplay so yeah I think it'll be hard to play the older ones, but now the series has picked my interest.
>>
>>322264043

Good luck man, it's a fun series
>>
File: 779449.gif (1 MB, 400x368) Image search: [Google]
779449.gif
1 MB, 400x368
>>322262783
>not even scary
>>
File: 1449007233852.png (362 KB, 844x1040) Image search: [Google]
1449007233852.png
362 KB, 844x1040
>>322264304
It's true though, and I hate to say this but it needed a few more jumpscares to keep the player in tension. The only scary ghost was the tall woman.
>>
>>322260026
What game? I just see a black bar w/ a Wii U logo on top....
>>
>>322260026
Worst game in the series.
>>
>>322264559

>FF is about jumpscares

Nah it's all about unsettling you with creepy atmosphere
>>
>>322264874
mmmmmm sour grapes
>>
>>322264971
I own the game. Its pretty shit.
>>
>>322265127
delicious tears
>>
Even as a big fan of the first two games I decided to skip this one. Nothing I saw (except for the pretty girls) or heard about it seemed good.
It's also expensive now because in usual fashion Nintendo pressed 17 copies.
>>
File: 1499246137940.jpg (929 KB, 1794x1971) Image search: [Google]
1499246137940.jpg
929 KB, 1794x1971
>>
>>322265208
Yup, bought it as a digital title so i cant even sell it.
>>
>>322264874
That 4 anon
>>
WAAAAAAAAH MUH CENSORSHIP
>>
>>322265876
I mean ignoring the censorship, the game sucks. Stop pawning it off as such.
>>
>>322262783

So many conflicting opinions about this game. At least I can just pirate it now (or whenever the 5.5.0 exploit it out, not sure if it is yet). I pirated the first three, enjoyed them quite a bit, and imported them. The fourth one though... It's really hard for me to get into. I've been on chapter 7 for weeks because every time I start to play it I get bored in ten minutes and play something else.
>>
>>322264304

They really aren't. I love the atmosphere in the games, but they're not really scary. The first one creeped me out for awhile, but once I realized that most of the ghosts were harmless and just there to have their picture taken it lost a lot of tension. Though horror fiction rarely perturbs me anyway, I just enjoy the horror elements.
>>
>/v/ likes a shit game just because its a nintendo exclusive
lol what a surprise
>>
>>322266056

It's just what people do when they don't feel like arguing. Tales of Zestiria fans have been doing the same thing for months (especially since it came out on Steam). "Muh Alisha!" they cry, when most of the complaints aren't even focused on her.
>>
Wonky gyroscope controls with no option for traditional setup.
Everybody is too pretty and clean in this game even with the wetness effect and the shit they go through, no dirt allowed.
All ghosts are a joke and not even creepy especially the floating ladies with the huge boobs and the annoying children.
Way too much time spent in the same forest path.
Rooms in the indoor areas are way too lighten up and bright to deliver any kind of creepy atmosphere.
>>
>>322268158

>floating ladies with the huge boobs

I really wish the fanservice shit didn't affect Fatal Frame too. But it had to happen eventually, fanservice is infesting everything Japanese.

>Prude!

No, I like it as much as the next guy, but I don't want to see it in fucking everything.
>>
>>322267407
If only nintendo did something good with the series
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.