[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
here are the 3 contenders for GOTY all three of them excel in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: graphics story or gameplay.png (746 KB, 1266x476) Image search: [Google]
graphics story or gameplay.png
746 KB, 1266x476
here are the 3 contenders for GOTY
all three of them excel in one aspect of gaming, while lacking in the other 2
so tell me /v/, which game is your GOTY? Which aspect is the most important?
graphics?
story?
or gameplay?

last thread there was a lot of shitposting and shilling so let me clear things up
>MGSV had barely any story but still managed to fuck up the main plot of the series. the gameplay falls flat for a stealth game, you have all these items yet it's not even worth using them as you can storm in guns blazing. But boy is the Fox Engine amazing
>Undertale graphics are obviously not it's greatest aspect. the gameplay is pretty unique but at the end of the day it's just bullet hell minigames and make sure you don't kill your enemy in the final hit. The fans praise it mostly for it's storyline, characters and writing
>Fallout 4 has Bethesda graphics and Bethesda storyline, but most people play it for the exploration, going on quests, killing monsters just general gameplay without paying too much attention to the story
>>
File: 1409538020150.jpg (34 KB, 509x509) Image search: [Google]
1409538020150.jpg
34 KB, 509x509
>MGSV excels in graphics
>>
We had this thread 10 times last year.
Fuck off, none of those games were even good.
>>
game with bad graphics
game with bad story
game with bad gameplay

sounds like 2015
>>
>>322255559
Okay, special snowflake, what game did you like last year?
>>
File: DSP.webm (1 MB, 840x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSP.webm
1 MB, 840x1080
>>322255360
>trying to bait Witchernerds
lmao, is this what it's come to 4 u?
>>
>>322255360
>MGSV
>not gameplay
U wut m8?
>>
>>322255360

Are you really this salty about your favorite games being mediocre trash and winning nothing at the VGA's?
>>
>>322255740
>trying to bait Witchernerds
Not even. He's trying to bait everyone.
>>
https://youtu.be/oheHiFbRi5Q
>>
>excluding the actual GOTY
top kek, m8
>>
>>322255360
MGSV looks bland.

P.T. is on the same engine and should probably win the graphics award.
>>
>>322255360
Pillars of Eternity for me, faggOP
>>
>>322255953
>P.T.
Yeah, ten models and eight textures. The demo was awesome, but it's too small to really judge it.
>>
>>322255360
>Undermeme
>Good Story
Pick one.
>>
>>322256161
Nobody said it had to be a long game. Best looking is best looking.
>>
>>
>>322255909
which is?
>>
>>322255865
I hate this guy but he's pretty much right about undertale. The game is just a pure nostalgia trip and meme maker. The best thing about it is the genocide run and that's only good if you liked the characters but trying to do a run of the game is so frustrating. Every area you enter has the same 3 or 4 enemies that keep popping back up over and over again with almost no incentive to fight them. You need gold? Why? To by armor or weapons that you can't use cause your doing a pacifist run? Oh you need health potions cause you suck at the bullet hell segments? Well every time you use one you get wrecked and will probably lose health anyway, just git gud. Oh your doing a genocide run? Well you can only grind in this one area next to a save point so why bother with health? Oh your doing a neural run? Well you can play that like a pacifist run.you only have to kill one person to achieve it.

The systems behind the game are fundamentally flawed.

The whole games draw is
>muh story
>muh music
>muh quirky characters
The puzzles and gameplay are extremely dull and there's no real driving factor to push you to do a pacifist or genocide run other than the games description saying you don't have to kill anyone! Xd! Frogs XD date a skeleton! HE likes spaghetti isn't that neat!

LOOK THIS GAME IS LIKE EARTHBOUND BUT NOT REALLY CAUSE THAT GAME HAD GOOD COMBAT!

Undertale is really underwhelming for how hyped up everyone made it out to be.
>>
>Using bait from 2015
>>
>Story
Bloodborne
>graphics
Bloodborne
>gameplay
Bloodborne
>>
>>322255360
The Witcher 3 for all 3 categories, obviously.
>>
File: 54120897_p0.jpg (641 KB, 1392x720) Image search: [Google]
54120897_p0.jpg
641 KB, 1392x720
>>322255360
>Fallout
>Good Gameplay
>Ever
Either way op, why not have something that's just generally great all around? It's better than sacrificing everything else for just one aspect of a game.

>>322257835
mah nigga
>>
>>322257835
Dose the music box turn father into a werewolf or well he do that after I half health him?
>>322258387
How do I make the doll cry?
>>
>>322258554
He turns automatically at about half health, the music box stuns him for a few seconds to let you get in some damage.
>>
Where's bloodborne?
>>
Objective list:

Graphics - Arkham Knight
Story - The Witcher 3
Gameplay - Metal Gear Solid V
>>
>>322255360
Change best gameplay to Bloodborne and this is right
>>
>no bloodborne

How ignorant are you faggots
>>
File: 1447720285403.gif (81 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1447720285403.gif
81 KB, 360x360
Why are you so proud of this thread that you keep posting it?
>>
>here are the 3 contenders for GOTY
You are a fucking joke, OP.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.