[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there will never be a samurai jack character action game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: jack.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
>there will never be a samurai jack character action game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6d0BwVltVs
>>
>that rave episode where the bad guy gets a fucking DJ mech
>that cn flash game
>THAT MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp0xs_xpTYo
>>
Good. Samurai Jack was the epitome of style with no substance.
>>
>>322248716

That video is seriously horrible. How can a fight be so boring and badly animated? Its no wonder this guy made the Clone Wars TV show. His style matches Lucas perfectly.
>>
>>322249023
>show with more style than substance
>not perfect for the genre with a fucking style meter

come on, m8.
>>
There already was, on the Gamecube.
>>
>>322249225
This. That show got all the right samurai flick tropes and cliches done right.
>>
>>322249225

If all you care about is flashy camera angles, then I guess the show will appeal to you. But even then, the majority of the show didn't even do those things right.
>>
>>322248716
But there was. There were several. Even a hack-n-slash made in Macromedia Shockwave. You could at least have the pretense of talking about the Samurai Jack games instead of just half-assing the usual "I want to talk about this thing but I don't want to go on the board made for it"
>>
>>322249731
cool but you missed the entire point of what he just said
>>
Considering that Samurai Jack is coming back there very well could be

We're in an age with Legend of Korra and Transformers character action games
>>
>>322250421

No, I really didn't. He was saying its justified that the show was all style and no substance because its part of a genre that focuses on style. And I pointed out that it didn't even do that 'style' right.

But its also wrong since there's plenty of Samurai movies that still have good characters and plot. Which Samurai Jack went out of its way to avoid.
>>
Adult Swim publishes games.

Jack is back on Adult Swim.

I think a game is possible, even likely.
>>
>>322248716
There already was one, a shitty one.

>>322249149
Bait.

Also, there's a new season of Samurai Jack in production by Tartakovsky, will premiere on Adult Swim sometime this year.
>>
REMINDER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIxLwVwtiQ
>>
I loved the episode where Jack is getting constantly swarmed by enemies and just gets really pissed off and starts wrecking them.

Then his sandal breaks and sends him over the edge lol
>>
>>322252423
Try actually reading the posts you're replying to before replying next time
>>
>>322253321

>you missed the entire point of the post
>provide examples of why I didn't and reiterate my point
>you just didn't read the post!

You just didn't understand my post. See, I can do it too.
>>
>>322248716
Imagine if those things weren't machines
>>
>>322254098
Tartakovsky said he deliberately made the enemies into machines or Aku spawns so that he could get away with maximum violence in a kids show.
>>
>>322254098

Then he might have to actually develop some characterization and story. Mindless machines allow for mindless fighting. Same reason Gennedy tried so hard to make a mecha show.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBYXv97FuAY

>Not this scene
>>
>>322254942
>show that specifically takes after episodic ronin stories where it's more about the side characters and adventures than the main character or quest
>needing a story

the "story" is all the self contained stories in each episode, and if you look at them individually, they're all either just fun sendups or genuinely well crafted stuff.

besides, if you ever watched the show, they give jack plenty of characterization. He goes from young warrior who has a weakness for helping people, to a much more weary wanderer who actually doesnt fight as much near the end of the series.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.