[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games that should NOT get an HD remake at this point in time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: Xenogears_box[1].jpg (86 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
Xenogears_box[1].jpg
86 KB, 256x240
ITT: Games that should NOT get an HD remake at this point in time
>>
All of them
>>
>HD Remake

You mean HD 'upgrade'. The only Square game that's actually gotten a full remake are FFIII and IV. And those aren't even worthy of being called remakes.

Xenogears and Chrono Cross need full remakes. To add in all the missing content and story.
>>
>>322248583

There's no way it could be done today and still retain the quality it had.

They would fuck it up SO badly.
>>
It would be an insult to give Gears a HD remaster.
>>
>>322249046
>Xenogears
>Quality

The battles are shit, the pacing is shit, the writing is shit, and the game is unfinished.

Only the core plot is any good but it doesn't matter if the writing sucks.
>>
File: OP_logo800x800-1.png (75 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
OP_logo800x800-1.png
75 KB, 800x800
ITT: People who should NOT make new threads at this point in time.
>>
>>322249046
>the quality it had

Did we play the same game? Everything from the Church visit onwards was a shitshow, the game was never known for it's amazing gameplay, second disc is literally a .ppt, dub was awful, soundtrack was mostly forgettable...

It did have some delicious lowpoly 3D maps though.
>>
>>322249046

If Masato Kato took over production and Square execs didn't meddle with it, it could be even better than the original.
>>
>>322248583
They completely remade III into childish easy mode garbage though.
>>
>>322246571
I would kill for a remake of this. Make the game look exactly like the art style on the cover.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (40 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
40 KB, 900x900
>People shitting on Xenogears
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>322249450
because it's crap ?
>>
> You like Gears more than FFVII

Why do I do this.
>>
>>322249450
>>People loving Xenogears

Why is THIS allowed?
The game is fucking shit, worst Square jRPG on PSX by far
>>
>>322249609
>>322249482
>muh gameplay
Xenogears had a great story, which is what I played it for. Yeah the second disc was pretty much rushed, but I kinda liked the change in format.
>>
>>322249391

>III
>easier

Enemies have more HP and damage while playable characters have higher EXP rates. Don't know what game you played.
>>
>>322249609

Because people were amazed that a game could have a story better than Final Fantasy. And they obviously didn't play Suikoden.

Also, for some people it was their first introduction to mecha. Nothing special in my opinion, but to a 12 year old isolated kid, it would blow their mind.
>>
>>322249953
>Suikoden
I play games exclusively for stories in RPGs, and Suikoden couldn't even keep my attention long enough to beat it. Game is shit.
>>
>>322249953
Xenogears didn't have a good story. It's written at a fifth-grade level, seemingly by an autistic man.

I'm amazed that a story with absolutely nothing to say could somehow simultaneously be so pretentious and full of itself.
>>
>>322249821
it takes like 2 hours to grind your job level to 80 against the starting goblins and from then on you can literally kill every single boss in one turn, at the most.
>>
>>322248343

This.

People forget that the companies that made the old games they love are all gone, even if the company name endures.
>>
File: ocelot kun.gif (23 KB, 301x230) Image search: [Google]
ocelot kun.gif
23 KB, 301x230
>>322250131

>story sucks unless it has tons of killing and explosions in the first hour!
>>
>>322250131

You don't exactly have a solid argument when you admit to not finishing a game. A game even casual RPG players enjoyed.
>>
Remake , the people who worked on this left ages ago
>>
>>322253391

Masato Kato is still at Square. Just team Monolithsoft left. And honestly, their games really went downhill without Masato Kato to write/direct them.

Also, a lot of the FFVIII team worked on Chrono Cross/Xenogears. So its not like everyone left. Though I don't want the current FF team to work on a remake. I'd only accept Armor Project or the Dragon Quest X team as they are the only good developers left in SquareEnix.
>>
>>322252176
No, that's not it at all. It's just a shitty, uninteresting game with a shitty, uninteresting story.

>>322252964
>b-b-but muh braindead casuals can play it
That's not an argument for your game, Anon.
>>
File: Timelines.png (12 KB, 835x474) Image search: [Google]
Timelines.png
12 KB, 835x474
>>322248583
>Chrono Cross
>missing content and story

Nope. Story's complete.

Complete garbage that should be retconned.
>>
>>322249770
This is going to surprise you, but if the GAMEplay in a video GAME is stale or drags on, even if it has a good story, still waters down the entire game.
And it's a Xeno game to boot, so the story takes 20+ hours of itself foreshadowing and doing nothing only to finally give some answers during the last 4 or 5 hours of the game.
>>
>>322253830

>I think it sucks so it sucks
That's not an argument against a game.
>>
>>322253560
Its barely the same company it was in the 90s , they lost their minds a few years ago
>>
>>322253923

Masato Kato said that there was a lot of story that was left out of the game. Its also obvious given that half the games story is told to you on Opassa Beach. Guile being Magus or any connections to Schala were not developed. And half the characters have no backstory.

The main story may be understandable, but the game is not complete.
>>
File: livealive.jpg (46 KB, 640x347) Image search: [Google]
livealive.jpg
46 KB, 640x347
This game needs a graphical and gameplay update, and that's it.
>>
>>322254225

>they lost their minds a few years ago
The Square side lost their minds on the PS1 and ran their company into so much debt they needed Enix to bail them out.

And the only mistake Enix as a company ever made was trusting that a merger would help them in the western market.
>>
File: Jo-Beth-Casey-1600-1200.jpg (687 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Jo-Beth-Casey-1600-1200.jpg
687 KB, 1600x1200
Any of the TimeSplitters games.

I mean shit, imagine trying to publish a game with characters like these in 2015+1.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.