[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Vehicles >We have had a number of updates regarding this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Squad 2016-01-01 12-50-40-93.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Squad 2016-01-01 12-50-40-93.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>Vehicles
>We have had a number of updates regarding this highly sought after feature in recent months, but the reality is that they are not in a state where they can be rolled out to the public. Our programmers ran a number of tests on fully populated servers and experienced a lot of rubber-banding due to the vehicles de-syncing. This is a side effect of physics and replication on the servers not performing as intended.
>Unfortunately this is all a follow-on from the fact that a lot of rewriting needs to happen within the engine code itself, as we are going into territory that no other Unreal Engine 4 game has gone before. To that end we ask for your patience and we will continue to put out updates on vehicles as they happen.

Their $40 alpha has been out for 15 days, and they are already encountering "engine limitations (tm)". They are already pushing back the first content update to some unspecified update and asking for "patience".

I thought if any early-access game was a safe bet, it was this, but Jesus, they really are all scams, aren't they?
>>
Game?
>>
>scam

no
>>
File: Squad 2015-12-20 21-27-55-77.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Squad 2015-12-20 21-27-55-77.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>322246686
Squad. From the Project Reality devs.
>>
It's day Z all over again
>>
>>322246939
Just wait. Once the community abandons Squad because of no content, I 100% believe they'll release a zombies mod to get the DayZ crowd.
>>
i played a lot of the dayz mod and got my friends into it, then they bought the stand alone and bugged me to get it. I finally bought it and they were all "oh bro we don't play that anymore." and then i bought the forest...

instead of "early access" they should call them "incomplete games"
>>
>>322246761
that flawless line of reasoning convinced me! I went out and bought every early access game I could find, thanks!
>>
>>322247393
Wow!

Really insightful and original comment my friendo!
>>
>>322247567
it might be a let down, it might break, it might die after a day. but a scam? no, unless you're stupid.
>>
When I played PR, I stuck to infantry anyway so I'm not really that fussed. Still a fun game.
>>
>>322246440
>knowingly buy an early alpha game
>knowingly pay for a game that isn't finished and lacks content
>knowingly buying a game that has development hurdles
>wow I got scammed

you had all the warning signs, Squad is a great game but if you feel scammed you're a fucking retard
>>
>Unreal Engine
>doesn't have native vehicle code
>netcode can't handle vehicle physics

How did this happen...

UT 2k4 and 3 had plenty vehicles which worked great in mp from the box...
>>
>>322249648
>Hey guys, buy my product, look next month is will have vehicles
>No vehicles
>not a scam

If a salemen told you he would send you the tires for your new car next month, and then didn't, wouldn't you consider that a scam?
>>
>>322250723
Of course Unreal 4 can handle vehicles. Minecraft had "Java limitations", KSP had "Unity not us :)", and now Squad has "Unreal 4 can't do vehicles". Shitty devs always blame their platform.
>>
If they have trouble adding wheeled vehicles, how it is gonna be when it comes to tracked amphibious vehicles, rotary wing aircrafts and jets...
>>
>>322250962
They will spend a year getting Humvees and trucks to work, then say fuck it and make the game about zombies.
>>
>AMD fanboys shitting all over their pants in the forums, because they poor fag cpus offer subpar performances in Squad.
>75% playerbase already too retarded to play as squads, pick right kit for SL role, attack/defend the actual objectives they can attack/defend ect.
>despite prohibitive price, game already filled with cheaters
>cannot do vehicles as promised in a timely manner, wait till new year eve to tell
>HAPPY HOLLYDAYS GUYS

JUST
>>
>>322251376
>despite prohibitive price, game already filled with cheaters

Price has nothing to do with it when there is no anti-cheat measures in the game.

Cheaters can even change their display name in game and keep changing it so servers can't even manually ban them.
>>
>>322250770

Diff anon, this isn't really about whether or not it's a scam. It's obvious what you were getting into. The point is you're just an idiot.
>>
>>322250770
>we're gonna try and put in vehicles
>oh fuck a snag, we can't do vehicles how we wanted due to an engine limitation we did not forsee
>>
ATTENTION
You should only ever buy an early access game if you are FULLY SATISFIED with the amount of content AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE.
Doing anything else is FUCKING STUPID.
Don't put yourself in a position to get scammed.
>>
>>322247393
>instead of "early access" they should call them "incomplete games"
try reading the early access disclaimer next time
>>
>>322252329
And to add to this, they're honesty NOT EVEN SCAMMING YOU.
The game is listed as EARLY ACCESS for a reason. You should have fucking known what you were getting into and it's your fault alone if you didn't.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.