[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/'s opinion on the Brothers in Arms series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
What's /v/'s opinion on the Brothers in Arms series?
Are they worth buying?
How are the PC ports?
>>
>>322246069
I know the first two are God tier. Dont know about Hells Highway though.
>>
I love the suppresion aspect of it.
>>
>>322246069

I've only played on consoles. Road to Hill 30 is great, but Earned in Blood was shit. I played both on PS2 and I think EiB got gimped a lot.

I played Hells Highway on PS3 and enjoyed it a lot as well. I don't get why the fanbase dislikes it but then again I played gimped version of the original 2.

I am planning to replay all three on PC soon.
>>
one the best games series ever, loved hell's highway too
>>
>>322246069
all three are phenomenal and they run perfectly on modern hardware
>>
Not enough games like it now.
>>
File: shouldi.png (59 KB, 616x215) Image search: [Google]
shouldi.png
59 KB, 616x215
I need /v/s approval before I can click purchase
>>
>>322252439
can't say anything for Talos, but BiA is a great series
>>
>>322246069
Only ever played Hell's Highway
One of the best WW2 shooters ever but there's some weird sub plot going on where a gun may or may not be cursed and I couldn't be assed to play the older games to figure it out.
>>
>>322246069
I have the same name as the MC, so, that's neat
>>
I don't think they aged well. If you never played its worth it, but for nostalgia no it won't be as fun.
>>
>>322252898
in the older games, anyone that held the gun ended up dead. Except for Baker the MC
>>
>>322253759
I gathered that but nothing was resolved by the end of HH and to my knowledge no new game following that plot exists
>>
>>322253914
it makes more sense if you play the older games
also Gearbox needs to make a fucking sequel, they still have the battle of the bulge and then Germany. It's been 8 goddamn years since hells highway
>>
>>322253914

They were gonna do a Siege of Bastonge game afterwards but something happened at Gearbox and the studio went to absolute shit after the release of Borderlands, Anthony Burch replaced whoever the writer of BiA was and then they had that Left 4 Dead looking BiA game announced that was cancelled.

Honestly I don't think Burch could write a BiA story anyways.
>>
>>322254657
oh shit now I really want a WW2 themed L4D style game holy shit
>>
File: noreasontolive.png (126 KB, 416x700) Image search: [Google]
noreasontolive.png
126 KB, 416x700
>>322254657
>Brothers in Arms written by Burch
The horror...
The horror...
>>
>>322254823

It looks absolutely shit though, and Gearbox rightfully cancelled it after it gained no interest or following.

Go look up Brothers in arms Furious Four trailer. Looked like it was cashing in on the Inglorious Basterds hype of the time and mixing it with L4D or something.
>>
@buyfag in this thread

Look up pc wiki page for first two games, default FOV is shit but you can fix it.
>>
File: 600px-RTH30_Leggett_M1911[1].jpg (56 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
600px-RTH30_Leggett_M1911[1].jpg
56 KB, 600x338
TAKE ME

FUCKING TAKE ME
>>
all bia games are fine if you're not the type of guy to dive straight into enemies like an idiot.
they are the only game in their kind, they are flawed sure but i had good fun with them.
>>
>fire a few shots, don't hit anything
>Suppress
>flank
>suppress flank
>narrative/drama
>fire a few shots, don't hit anything
>suppress
>flank
>suppress
>flank
>outflank enemy flankers by using suppression
>Only ever hit dudes when they're standing completely in the open or you snag a random headshot
The game gets extremely repetitive, and this is what the entire series bases its' gameplay on. Play the first one, then drop.
>>
>>322257210
>don't hit anything
Maybe if your shit, I play without the cross hairs and still get consistent head shots
>>
How come the series is kill?
>>
>>322258030
Gearbox is busying doing Borderlands stuff
>>
>>3222574210
Regardless, the gameplay gets stale fast.
>>
>Gearbox
>>
>>322249105
I played Earned in Blood on Xbox and I agree it played like shit. With the way weapons handle you can't aim with a controller.

The PC version of EiB was much better; played exactly the same as Hill 30.
>>
Does Hells Highway run right on PC ? I have it on PS3 but never finished because it burns my eyes.
>>
>>322260705
Yeah, plays and runs smooth as fuck.
>>
>>322260705
It runs fine on PC. How did the PS3 version "burn your eyes"?
>>
>>322260935
Shit framerate and no anti-aliasing
>>322260907
Nice
>>
>>322261124
Well, its unreal engine so there isnt AA setting if I remember well. But its not jaggy anyway, rather pretty looking game.

At least until you get to mission 3 and gorgoeus holland outside is switched for generic brown and bloom shit.
>>
>>322247301
Hells Highway was graphically stunning at the time and it had alot of intense combat. You had a luck meter that the longer you were out in the open the lower it would get, so you only had a bit of time to move to another area before you died.

However, they took out the risk of losing troops in the game, and tried to make it more of a story based game, trying to ride off of Band of Brothers and the Pacific.

It's a different game then the first too. Too bad Ubisoft discontinued the series all together, they didn't even finish the story.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.