[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Controller thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: dualshock-4-blue.jpg (37 KB, 620x369) Image search: [Google]
dualshock-4-blue.jpg
37 KB, 620x369
What do you think is the best controller /v/?

In peak condition, I honestly think the Dualshock 4. I mean it's got an excellent D-Pad, tried-and-true face buttons, great bumpers, and uniquely designed great triggers. It feels comfortable in the hand, and isn't bulky.

However that's when it's in peak condition. While it FEELS like it has high build quality, the Dualshock 4 suffers from issues like wearing analog sticks and sticking triggers. What's ironic is that the Dualshock 3 might have felt like a low-quality piece of plastic, but that thing had great build quality and suffered from practically no issues. And it could take abuse.
>>
>>322241531
>shilling this hard
This one is better
>>
File: xbonelite.jpg (47 KB, 780x400) Image search: [Google]
xbonelite.jpg
47 KB, 780x400
Not worth the money though.
>>
DS4 with 4 back buttons, trigger stops, and xbox joysticks.
>>
>>322241531
Ps2 and the x360 are great, all around, controllers. The snes controller is also pretty comfy. A red, brown, or blue cherry keyboard, and a decent mouse with Grifiti Fat pads is also a good controller.
>>
>>322241531
It's too expensive, like 50 quid in bongland for a brand new one from a shop, shit is getting silly now. I appreciate new features as much as anyone but the speaker inside it and the touchpad add very little to the majority of games really, they could have just added an extra button in the middle for what it does
>>
I want my pressure sensitive face buttons and D-pad back.
>>
>>322242196

I have a 360 controller. Now that the dongle works with Windows 7, is the X1 controller a worthwhile upgrade? $80 is pretty steep for the controller and wireless dongle.
>>
Anyone that says any Dualshock has tiny girl hands.
>>
>>322243734
Wtf why would anyone want that shit back
>>
Thinking of upgrading my DS2 to a DS4. Gonna wait for it them to be on sale for ~$40 again
>>
>>322242021
The arrows feel horrible on the 360 pad
>>
>>322241531
DS3 was so uncomfortable. The best controllers are DS4 and the 360 controller
>>
>>322242021
>Shilling

I literally criticized the controller hugely in regards to durability. Also the 360 controller is let down by the D-Pad alone. The bumpers are also quite bad. The Xbone controller I've never used though but It looks pretty great.
>>
>>322244015
The Dualshock 4 is the widest controller around though.
>>
DS4 isn't best anything with that shit battery life.
>>
>>322242196
Man that looks nice. Can't see myself ever spending that much on a controller though.
>>
>>322244219
>xbone controller is top tier
The ps4 is to skinny for me I like bulky the Xbox takes inspiration from the game cube one of the best controllers its great desu
>>
File: xbox hands.jpg (71 KB, 551x446) Image search: [Google]
xbox hands.jpg
71 KB, 551x446
Anything where the controller doesn't use analog placements for hands like this.
>>
File: IMG_30122015_201026.png (4 MB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
IMG_30122015_201026.png
4 MB, 2880x1620
>>322241531
I agree, very nice for emulation. Since it has 2 extra buttons compared to 360controller/DS3, you can use them (touchpad clicks) to, for instance open the map/menu on the right side of the pad, closer to Start/other face buttons. And then use the left side of the pad as the 2x speed up button.

Playing through pic related right now.

>>322243492
> the touchpad add very little to the majority of games really
For its touch capabilities, yes. I'd rather see devs ignore it that forcing it in as a gimmick like some 1st year PS4 titles (killzone comes to mind) or a lot of Wii games that just can't comfy to play when the wiimote is forced into you.

>they could have just added an extra button in the middle for what it does
It's clear you don't own a DS4, then. As the Touchpad is used in the vast majority of PS4 games as a couple of buttons.
>>
>>322241531
DS4 feels cheap as fuck imo. I hate the pointless touchpad and traditional start button features being split between it and Option. L2/R2 extends out way too far as well and are overly sensitive so I find myself pressing them without even intending to do it unless I basically keep my fingers under them which is retarded.
>>
>>322243734
Ridge Racer 5 would have been a much better game if you didn't have to cut off the circulation to the thumb just to go fast.
>>
>>322247719
Play a non-shit game then.
GT5 have no problem at all with pressure sensitive buttons.
Be it steering with D-pad or throttle/brake with face buttons.
Shit Racer is also so shit that if you steer right to initiate a drift for a right corner but do it in a left corner the car will still follow the road like a damn slot car.
https://youtu.be/SdrVZ74QgvM?t=3m34s
>>
DS4 has made me a believer for using with a PC. Great dpad, buttons require very little pressure compared to 360 pad. Bumpers feel great, my only reason for using a 360 pad sometimes is I have big hands and it just fits my hands better.

But if it's anything competitive / fighting games etc... DS4 is just superior in every mechanical way. Even has lower input delay. DS4 comes in at a 4.2ms vs 360 at 12.7ms. Might just be the bluetooth dongle I use is better quality than one M$ provides.

The touchpad working as your mouse curser with DS4 is also great for games that arn't really designed around a pad.

>>322246230
I haven't seen it really used in any games on my ps4, what the fuck are you playing?
>>
>>322241531

How the fuck does someone rip the analog stick? I have the black one and grey one. The black one has more of a grip while the grey one is smoother. You'd have to take a knife to cut this shit. Maybe they used different materials when the PS4 launched, but you'd have to be pretty dumb to fuck this up.
>>
File: FF14.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FF14.jpg
173 KB, 1280x720
>>322249101
It's in almost every game that fully uses the controller's buttons, pretty much all AAA games

Games like N++, Gauntlet(?), and other indies don't, since they use few buttons and don't require L3/R3, touchpad, etc

Between many others, FPS games use the touchpad as a scoreboard (pretty much TAB for PC, or Select from previous gen)

Destiny uses it as a menu to call in your vehicle, scouting purposes (objective marker or scanning stuff), teleport back to home and perhaps more, I don't play it since launch so I forget.

MGS5, Assassin'sCreed and other games use it as the map/other menus

Bloodborne for assigning emotes (can't recall if it also uses the other side for assigning items, I'm a bit rusty on it)

FF14 uses it for various purposes and also as a mouse cursor if you wish to.

I could go on with more examples, but every game that would use Select in previous gens uses the Touchpad. It's hard for me to think or a complex game that doesn't use it in some way, small or big.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.