[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was anyone else disappointed by how piss-easy Sundowner was?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 42c[1].jpg (30 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
42c[1].jpg
30 KB, 600x615
Was anyone else disappointed by how piss-easy Sundowner was?

I was hoping he'd pull out some cool new tricks on higher difficulties, but he's still a pushover.
>>
Yeah he was kind of lame but overall the game was really fun.
>>
>>322230280

Disappointing fight, but the entire thing becomes worth it if you destroy his shield for his tantrum and music alone.
>>
Built up to be a crazy tough badass and he ends up having less HP than Monsoon
>>
yeah but the other bosses are still fine so no worries
>>
No other bosses get anything but more more HP and better damage output, so why would he be any different.
>>
>>322231026
During my first play, I didn't know that. By the time I was fighting Mistral my second time around, I realized.
>>
If they wanted to play the shield card, they should have made it 100% impossible to damage Sundowner from ANY angle at ANY point of his animations. Make the shield magnetically move towards the sword or something.

It would have been fun if you were 5 minutes into the fight, still too stupid or too bad to slice the shields, and Sundowner with max health yelling that he's fucking invincible.
>>
>>322231249
That would be incredibly hype.
>>
My guess is that most people were too stupid to slice the shields, so they made it easier to attack him from the sides and decreased his HP.

Shield slicing should have been an obligatory part of the fight, and he should have had double health.
>>
>>322230280
Yeah, his fight seemed pretty underwhelming and fast. I feel like MGR was supposed to be full on anime tier but the battle lengths were sometimes meh, mistral and Armstrong were the best. Also MGR2 when? God damn I want a sequel so bad
>>
with blade canceled pole arm attacks, it's possible to juggle him until he dies. why the hell would there be a boss with no juggle limit?
>>
>>322231249
That was actually my fight, the sword mechanics was still tricky in the end for me, I always wanted to flick the analog but it doesn't work well like that. It took me over 50 tries prolly to beat Armstrong too on hard the first time through because of the fucking rocks
>>
>>322231395
The problem with MGR is everything but the boss fights were shit. The only reason you kept drudging through the levels was to get to the next boss fight.
>>
>>322230280
RED SUN
>>
One time I visited a friend and while waiting for other people to get there, I watched him play for a bit.
He was on a very hard new game plus run.
He hadn't learned to parry yet.
>>
>>322231592
I never felt that way, I always had fun slicing bitches up. Getting all crafty and chopping a hand and foot off, or just cleanly decapitating
>>
>>322231658
OVER PARADISE
>>
>>322231592

It's very No More Heroes and I was completely fine with that.

On that note...NMH3 When!?
>>
File: 1446874019599.gif (2 MB, 350x240) Image search: [Google]
1446874019599.gif
2 MB, 350x240
>>322231249
I would have seen Sundowner with a more powerful gimmick himself rather than the helicopters. Trying to S rank him on Very Hard with those choppers doing chip damage was obnoxious.
>>
File: 1389684319489.jpg (54 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1389684319489.jpg
54 KB, 640x960
>>322231592
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>322231592
Good thing there'll never be a 2
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.