[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't /v/ criticise games properly anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 35
>MGSV was unfinished
>MGSV wasn't goty
>MGSV's open world was shit
>You don't play as big bodd in MGSV

None of these are valid.

Here's an example of decent and valid criticism:
The health regen in MGSV really spoiled the stealth aspect of the game, as you could simply run in and out of a difficult base with no penalty to anything except your final score.

Now you try.
>>
MGSV was unfinished - Hideo Kojima
>>
>>322226687
I like Aligator more than BB anyway
>>
>>322227301
That wasn't a criticism.
>>
There weren't enough homo-erotic scenes between Venom Snake and Kazuhira Miller
>>
>>322226687
Since when does Stefan Molyneux come to /v/? No one cares what you think a valid criticism is. And the open world is shit. Not even worth putting in the game when there is nothing there.
>>
>>322227371
How do we know that was alligator?
>>
>MGS was a peace walker sequel

THIS is a valid complaint. Fuck post-PW mgs.
>>
>>322227451
>Venom was Big Boss's best man from MSF

Who else could it be?
>>
Because I didn't want to play Third Person Far Cry 2, so I didn't get MGS5.
>>
File: Lukas Hideo.jpg (21 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Lukas Hideo.jpg
21 KB, 300x400
It's a soulless cashgrab

>MGS
A New Hope
>MGS2
Empire Strikes Back
>MGS4
Return of the Jedi
>MGS3
The Phantom Menace
>MGS: PW
Attack of the Clones
>MGS: GZ
Revenge of the Sith
>METAL GEAR SOLID™ V THE PHANTOM PAIN™ by KONAMI™
STAR WARS™ THE FORCE AWAKENS™
>>
>>322227592
Stop posting your shitty analogy

MGS2 was the first of the first 3, it can't be ESB
>>
>>322226687
>Can place markers on enemies and can constantly see where they are

Really my biggest issue with it.It really can't get more casual than that.
>>
File: 2015-01-09_00001.jpg (300 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-09_00001.jpg
300 KB, 1920x1080
>>322226687
Regenerating health suits the open world gameplay. GTA4 was proof enough of this. Praying for a hotdog stand or something is no fun.

And it does balance this by having the health spray can threshold so you can't simply run through with no penalty.
>>
>>322227687
MG2 is The Hidden Fortress
>>
>>322227592
Wow The Prequels truly are superior
>>
>>322227687
the worst*
>>
>>322227451
Aligator had the best stats of anyone under BB on the base of any default soldier
He's a medic
>>
>anymore
>>
>>322227592
I used to think you were just autistic and memeing me but then I thought about it

>mgs3 is the big boss (main villain) origin story
>phantom menace is the darth vader (main villain) origin story
>jar jar binks is a shit character
>the boss is a shit character

He really is the lucas of gaming
>>
>>322227592
More like
>MGS
A new hope
>mgs2
Empire strikes back
>mgs4
Return of the Jedi
>mgs3
Phantom menace
>mgsPoOps
Attack of the clones
>peace walker
Clone wars cartoon
>ground zeroes
The shorter clone wars cartoon
>TPP
Revenge of the sith
>whatever new game Konami's gonna shit out next
Force awakens
>Boktai 1-4
Indiana Jones 1-4
>>
>>322228032
>mgr
Ewoks
>>
>>322227451
>>322227832
My Alligator got killed in Outer Ops t b h
>>
>>322227451
Well it's either Alligator is Venom, or Alligator was the one who died in Big Boss' arms at the end of Ground Zeroes.
>>
>>322227592
Why do you keep ignoring Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.
>>
>>322228180
not canon
>>
>>322228157
You demon!
>>
>>322228180
Rashomon and The Hidden Fortress
>>
>>322228180
They're American graffiti
>>322228224
I want you to go to whoever told you that and fuck them
>>
>>322226687
you cant actually run in and out while expecting health regen to help you since health doesnt regen when running
>>
>>322227482
I disagree PW is great
>>
File: 140330231230.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
140330231230.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
>>322229026
You're goddamn right
>>
>open world of nothingness, bad level design
>no difficulty setting for all missions
>chapter 2 is mostly replaying chap 1 missions
>base and resource management add nothing significant to the experience, just a bother going through menus
>awful bosses
>ending completely anti climatic
>helicopter ride and mission credits

are these valid complains?
>>
>>322226687
Open world lacks an opposing force like Mujahedeens that supposed to fight russians.
Side missions are boring and repetitive.
No difficulty selection for all missions.
>>
>>322227708
>Regenerating health suits the open world gameplay. GTA4 was proof enough of this. Praying for a hotdog stand or something is no fun.

In MGS the player could always carry rations and guards drop rations as well.

Health regen was simply some casual shit for the online gameplay.
>>
>>322227382
How is an unfinished game being released as a finished game not a valid criticism?
>>
>Kojima actually managed to make a game with more wasted potential than MGS4
>>
>>322226687
>The health regen in MGSV really spoiled the stealth aspect of the game, as you could simply run in and out of a difficult base with no penalty to anything except your final score.

That's a stupid complaint though OP. MGSV has problems, but the regen health is not one of them.

Unlike most games with regen health, MGSV requires you to sit still to actually regen properly, you know, like OLD MGS games? MGSV streamlined health regen, and it was all for the better. It removed the fucking healing items, which mean you actually couldn't cheese anymore. MGS4 was a fucking joke in this regard, you could just run and gun and cheese with health items way too much.

MGSV is actually a proper stealth game, because even though you can run and gun, it's much harder, and stealth is THE MOST VIABLE it has ever been in MGS.
>>
>>322230083
You retard putting on regenerating health means you can still cheese, you just dont have to worry about resource management anymore.
>>
File: 1414164799489.webm (1 MB, 676x380) Image search: [Google]
1414164799489.webm
1 MB, 676x380
>game is literally called The Phantom Pain
>generations will constantly bitch about what isn't there
BRAVO KOJIMA
>>
>>322230083
MGSV is literally : run and CQC into balloon instead of run and gun though.
>>
>big bodd

Fucking barafags
>>
>>322226687

fuck you OP
It's full of lost opportunities.
Story
>There's no codec and the entire character of Mega Medic is a mute recipient, even compared to "repetition, huh" from earlier games
>There is no chaff grenade, and the replacement is a rank-restricting bombardment
>there is a single villain, in earlier games you at least had Ocelot talking with others and shed light on their motivations, like Liquid in 1, Olga and Solidus or the ruse pileup at Groznyj grad cell. Skullface just -is-, and his entire plan is to provide nukes to everybody and kill everyone because eye for eye, cultural erasure for cultural erasure.
>there is just no buildup. When Code Talker saved MB from vocal cord parasites, I expected there to be an extensive sabotage/intel operation, and the only thing that happens is a two-helicopter rush and a single sneaking sequence through OKB0.
>Sahelanthropus is merely a massive sponge for bullets that you rek on your first meeting with a heli-mounted gatling. Anachronism aside, other Metal Gears had 'weight' to them, from REX that had the feeling of a machine, with bulky legs, through Shagohod that was a ton of steel on drills that rips through buildings with its own mass. You can shoot at anywhere on its body and it'll die, compared to half of other MGs which required some tactic to approach and be hit in weak spots to even get damaged (radome/open cockpit, innards at back, rocket ports).
>The game practically doesn't introduce new characters. There are only three important newcomers, Skullface, Quiet and Code Talker and they don't interact with each other. Psycho Mantis is a non-entity and Eli is in entirety 200%MAD the character.
>Everybody is permanently no-fun. There was always at least some relief to counterpoint the nuke-threatening events, even if it was just Snake pondering taste of whatever he hunted. This ties in to lack of codecs. Hamburgers of Kazuhira Miller was the only bright point in that regard.
>>
File: [KOJIMAPRODUCTIONS].jpg (722 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
[KOJIMAPRODUCTIONS].jpg
722 KB, 1305x892
>>322230594
Mechanics
>Open World hurt the game. It replaced actual patrol routes with an AI that as usual is wonky in responses and corridors were changed to "road with concrete blockades, two huts/tents, two mouned guns, mortar and 3-5 guards" that you can always drive by unseen by going around - there's always a way around every small outpost; or bigger bases that are more populated and denser in houses.
>Every single mission is either get to target and destroy it/kill it/extract it. When you get +2cargo, every mission except C2W and Sahelanthropus can be finished by extraction.
>You have absolutely no reason to use APCs, tanks or AA guns except highly specific situations like skipping [extreme] sniper fights where they can't OHKO you. Every other time, you are way too quickly destroyed. A single tank shot/grenade wrecks an AA emplacement, combined with it being immobile, you're better off shooting from your own weapon.
>Boss fights are Quiet, Sahelanthropus and mist skull. other Skulls are just a rehash of Quiet or mist skulls on drugs. They also come in a nice variety of "you die from a single hit" (quiet, sniper skulls, ) or "you don't die from a single hit".
>You don't use heli gatling gun ever except one time.
>Side Ops have absolutely no variety and come in a twenties of infantry, +APC, +heli or +tank. There is no weapon-specific missions, like just holdups, no rocket punch cruises, no camera, no marking trials, etc. It's a downgrade from PW
>enemies don't counteract your tactics more. They shoot Walker on sight, but not D-Dog.
>there is content gated behind online aspect. You either need to pay or login daily to get MBcoins to get second FOB just for tech levels high enough for developing everything.
>diamonds are not worth your time picking them up after 1/2 of game.
>extracting someone and going back as them makes enemies shoot on sight. There already was a mechanic where enemies don't suspect their own kind. It's a downgrade from a fucking MGS:PO.
>>
>>322230594
>>there is a single villain, in earlier games you at least had Ocelot talking with others and shed light on their motivations, like Liquid in 1, Olga and Solidus or the ruse pileup at Groznyj grad cell. Skullface just -is-, and his entire plan is to provide nukes to everybody and kill everyone because eye for eye, cultural erasure for cultural erasure.

Huey is the main villain
>>
File: pretty bad.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
pretty bad.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>322230685
cont.
>90% of non-selfrestricting loadouts are "the upgraded AR you start with" "silenced tranq rifle" "WU or riot smg", with absolutely no reason to use unsilenced weapons ever, shotguns, ballistic shields, machineguns or grenade launchers outside of codenames (there is none for launchers)

Wishful thinking
>CP telepathically knows who called if you neutralized enemy before he said who he is. Roll call or dismissing it would be better.
>It'd be a good moment to introduce other members of Outer Heaven staff, or Foxhound members, like Vulcan Raven (worked in Outer Heaven) or Sniper Wolf.
>no Bladewolf costume for DDog to match Raiden suit
>russians don't shit their pants with rumors of Big Boss alive, Volgin coming back from death and white horse running around
>no mujahedeens appear ever, despite being a side in conflict, scratch that, there is no NPC/NPC fights ever
>battle gear amounts to exactly nothing

I liked the game to be honest tho.
>>
>>322227440
I hate molyneux's games.

And valid criticism is important, otherwise you're just masking your real disappointment about the game with trivial shit.

>the open world was shit

It wasn't meant to be an open world rpg, where the aim was to discover. It was open world in order to allow the player to approach the mission in different ways - like hijack a vehicle in one base in order to get the drop on another. What did you expect? To find treasure in the middle of the road? For random encounters to happen?

Yes, the whole 'open world is bad' meme is a poor criticism. It's your fault for expecting rpg style dragons and loot out of nowhere.
>>
>>322227708
No. It doesn't suit the stealth aspect of the game at all.

again with this open world expectation shit
>>
>>322230594
>fuck you op
>proceeds to deliver valid criticisms

Nono, I agree with most of what you've said.

I just disagree with 'the game was unfinished'. That isn't a good reason. It's like suddenly deciding a movie was bad after seeing the deleted scenes.

You judged it for what it is, so I consider myself on your side.
>>
I dislike Half Life (mainly 2). The game is far too linear, the guns feel like they have no impact, half the game is poorly-controlled vehicle sections, everything adding to an incredibly repetitive game. It sparked the downward spiral of FPS to being graphically impressive rail-shooters with tedious plots, zombies, and no difficulty. The enemy AI is awful even for the time, with every enemy having pinpoint accuracy from miles away, "balanced" by them standing around like idiots for the rest of the time. I really don't understand the praise for the game, let alone it being the best game ever made.
>>
Bad casual stealth (see through wall shit)
Bad base building (stealing everything and everyone during the whole game)
Bad level and mission (GZ's side ops were far better than TPP's main mission)
Useless open world meme
Normalfag pandering
Garbage multiplayer, both MGO and FOBs
Pay2Win mechanics
No story
>>
>>322231305
Are you me?
>>
>>322231305
Yeah, it's overrated.
>>
>>322230083
i agree with this
i could recall a number of times in previous MGS games where i've been caught, and just survived on scarfing down rations
in mgsv, i would actually struggle to survive if i've been shot up
>>
I know the pacing of chapter 2 is fucked, but people act like this is the first MGS to end on a cliffhanger.

And before you say this was supposed to be the missing link that completes the saga, that's how portable ops and peace walker were marketed too.

And before you say this was really going to be the last one, well, so was every other entry in the series. I get how liquid having a more advanced metal gear than rex when he's just a kid, and no one knowing about it is a problem. I just don't get how its a bigger problem then Paz having the same thing after PW, Or how MGS2 ends on an enormous cliffhanger and the next game is a prequel.
>>
>>322230759
>no mujahedeens appear ever, despite being a side in conflict, scratch that, there is no NPC/NPC fights ever
This was the thing I hated the most about the open world. You're in the middle of a fucking war zone but nothing ever happens. How could it get something that MGS4 did so right so wrong.
>>
>>322226687
>None of these are valid.
All of them are 100% valid and true
>>
>>322230715
Thank you for actually reminding me about that little shit.

Addendum:

Huey. His entire character is made to be a hassle to both DD and you the player. Somehow he manages to sabotage almost everything he does on MB:
>from the ray emitter that made MALETOFEMALE treatment useless
>through "the kids just wanted to know how to fix doomsday robot so I told them, I didn't think they'd ever DO it"
>HAH, REVENGE!
>despite Ocelot giving him an enemas with the truth serum, he SOMEHOW managed to not spill the beans until he was threatened with his legs
At least it redeemed Hal from being a wuss that banged his mother-in-law to an true hero that made Huey kill himself.
And also, Ocelot and Hal are somehow meme brothers because he's The Boss's meme child?
>>322231270
"Why can't /v/ criticise games properly anymore?"
"Even now there's hope for /v/"
>>
>>322229849
Stocking up on rations and using them in bulk makes just running through a more viable option.
With the third person controls, sprinting and easily headshotting is possible. pairing that with the old ration scheme would make the player too op.

The regen system forces you into cover and encourages you to avoid combat even more since there is no immediate health consumable
>>
>>322227592
>soulless cash grab

You realize it took 7 years to develop and was still released unfinished. How can that be soulless? He was literally trying to create video games' shining beacon for quality, and then got cut short by konami.
>>
>>322226687
I guess the health system could have been better, maybe make the spray limited but it's mapped to a button or weapons slot so you use it when you want, and you can get more from enemy supplies.
>>
>>322231885
>despite Ocelot giving him an enemas with the truth serum, he SOMEHOW managed to not spill the beans

Huey had built such a wall of lies that he believed them himself

Either that or he genuinely did nothing wrong
>>
tfw well i filtered /v/
no more of those threads
>>
>>322231475
>322231305
1 was amazing for its time, if you actually played it in 1998
>>
>>322231270
But honestly, fuck you OP. Unfinished is a valid criticism because it was. I not just saying this because I found out an entire chapter got cut, I felt that way even before the cut content was revealed, the whole game is just big medic doing useless repetitive side missions with shitty tacked on justifications, (blah blah we'll be one step closer to finding cipher because I said so) until you kill Sahelenthropus (without even getting to fight the main villain) and then chapter 2 starts where you do the same shit over again but EXTREME! You don't see anyone explaining the criticism because it isn't explainable, just a general feeling of emptiness from the game.
>>
The cut content in MGSV really spoiled the SP campaign of the game aspect of the game, as the story ending suddenly, and after hours of recycled missions with no true series conclusion.

Did I do good?
>>
>>322230903
You're fucking retarded, dude.
>>
>>322229708
I felt Fulton Recovery ruined the flow and stealth. Fucking base management ruined the game for me,
>>
>>322230903
>I hate molyneux's games
Do you even know who he is or did you just assume he's a game designer? Holy shit. Stop posting, you underage retard.
>>
>>322226687
The mission-based gameplay and open-world aspect were two most poorly implemented facets of the game. The open world simply had nothing to do in it and no good reason to explore beyond unlocking additional LZ's (Something that should have been explained in a tutorial mission. I didn't find out until i was in africa and destroyed a radar by accident) and gathering resources that you really didn't need to gather in the first place.

As for going mission based, it was something that was fine on peace walker because it was a mobile platform. The 10-20 minute sections of gameplay were good for travel or when stuck waiting somewhere, but for a game on a home platform, having to call a chopper, get to the LZ, wait on the chopper to arrive, and wait out the takeoff cinematic between EVERY SINGLE MISSION was just a giant pain in the ass.

As for the missions themselves, there were far too many side ops in comparison to main ops. Most of the main ops we DID have frankly didn't feel like they were necessary to the story. Having to sneak into a base and pop some random jackass because your PMC needs some money isn't a main story aspect. Its a side mission, just like blowing up a series of tanks, sniping a security contractor at an airport, or hunting down a translator. You take away all of the main ops that didn't feature a named character beyond Venom, and you're left with around 3 hours of gameplay.

Now that we're on the story, it was definitely a good/bad aspect. I'm gonna start off with saying that the beginning was fine as well as part of the end. Frankly I loved seeing all of the shit Huey put into motion crashing down around him. The whole thing with the parasites just felt retarded, not to mention it is something that never comes up again in the series. Seriously, Liquid runs off with an english strain of the wolbachia and thats the last we ever hear of it. We spend days on chapter one, then get teased a bit with an hour or so on chapter 2.
(1/?)
>>
>>322231669
>Old MGS
>Get shot up, use rations until you run out then hunt for more rations or die

>New MGS
>Get shot, hide until they get bored, rinse and repeat
>>
Now that the dust has settled, are you going to extract HIM ?
>>
>>322231749
In retrospect, that's part of what made MGS4 so easy in terms of sneaking. The guards' attention was always on someone else drawing their fire.
>>
>>322226687
Mgs3 had health regen
>>
>>322226687
>MGSV lacked the grand set pieces that defined earlier games instead giving you the same assembly of shacks over and over.
>>
>>322229708
I wouldn't say the level design is bad. Each big base has many intended multiple ways of approach, that is not bad level design, in fact it takes a ridiculous amount of attention to have all those ways seem organic and equally effective.
>>
>>322233101
(2/?)
It just kind of craps out all of the sudden when you go to find quiet. Its like they shoehorned her in the game to be a piece of ass simply because nobody else was up to the task.

Back to mechanics somewhat, there was really no point in going back to mother base beyond advancing the story once in a while. The side ops there were pointless and the cinematics you get, such as the one where Paz is in the infirmiry) don't fucking develop. Its just a "hey hows it going?" and you don't even get an answer. What about the new metal gear that Huey was building? The one they put so much emphasis on like they did with Zeke in PW, only to have it be some piece of shit you never see in action and its only use is sending it on missions you cant even play.

Unlocking new weapons and equipment was just straight fucked. Pretty much forced the played to grind up materials only to have to sit and wait on the R&D team to get their shit together, and thats assuming you had enough monkey fucking that football to even get some results. Seriously, it is not that hard to figure out a fucking suppressor. While we're on the topic of suppressors, the mechanic of quickly degrading suppressors made a return. The kind where you pretty much get a mag and a half through a given weapon before your one and only suppressor is a worthless hunk of shit. Yes you could unlock an unlimited suppressor but only for specific guns (unless you use the infinite bandana) and even then you were in post-game when it happened unless you wanted to sit and grind.

All in all, this is not something that should have been made for a console/PC. They should have just kept the graphics kinda shitty and left it on the PSP.
>>
>>322233996
it also makes the game dangerously easy to cheese

open approach is pretty deadly to the games design when left unchecked, the best games let you have some variety in contained areas like RE4 and Halo
>>
>>322231414

Man, I must be playing MGSV wrong then.

Because I can't do shit right for these first missions.

>No tools
>Headshots don't work
>Too many guards
>Character not built to handle a 3 on 1, let alone the inevitable 50 on 1 guard rush when you get caught.
>Perfection mandated from Mission 1, instead of giving a good difficulty curve like Peace Walker.

I don't get what's "casual" or "easy" about it. No, I don't use Reflex Mode. And as much as the game wants me to, I don't use the chicken hat either. I'll take my 70 deaths a mission
>>
>>322234676
Are you even scanning and marking or just bullrushing in
>>
>>322234778

>Are you even Scanning or Marking?

Yes.

And someone inevitably catches me, and it turns into "running bionic punches for EVERYONE" mode, since "good game design" mandates that not everyone can be scanned/marked. It's stupid.
>>
File: leshidbosding.png (52 KB, 254x253) Image search: [Google]
leshidbosding.png
52 KB, 254x253
>>322226687
Because it's much easier and it requires less thought to make people mad than it is to make them think.

tell (me) more about meme gay shit and how it's an unfinished open world shit with a cringeworthy throead
>>
>>322234991
Use distractions, wait till night too if you need to.
>>
>>322235036

Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>322234991
>not everyone can be scanned/marked.
The hell are you talking about? You hold your aim on the dude for a minute and ping! now he's on your HUD forever until he dies, is extracted, or goes through a shift change.
>>
>>322233292
>Old MGS
>sneak into huge military installations

>New MGS
>sneak into the same villages over and over.
>>
>>322235162

>Throw magazine
>No one cares and it wastes time

>Use handjob grind noise
>No one cares.

and if I throw a grenade, all the cykas blyat and the base goes on full alert instead of everyone and their dog running to check it out like I -THOUGHT- they would.
>>
>>322235325
You're supposed to do it nearby not a mile away
>>
>>322235325
Uh! What was that? No one cares?
>>
>>322235272
>Old MGS
>Sneak through this heavily scripted hallway

>New MGS
>Here's a bunch of shit, sneak through this open arena however you want.
>>
Criticism is only valid if I agree with it.

MGSV = flawless
>>
>>322235272
MGS2 was as repetitive as V as far as environments go
>>
>>322235457
Old MGS was like a series of steath puzzles capped by boss battles.

New MGS is just some weird chimera of AAA design cliches, brought to you by Hideo Kojima.
>>
>>322226687
>Why can't /v/
You need to understand the /v/ frequenting audience has changed from previous years.
>>
File: 1377025293540.gif (797 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1377025293540.gif
797 KB, 300x169
>can't criticize a game for being unfinished

so it's true then. reddit is here.
>>
>>322235583
Even if you don't agree, I thought the new design was really fun :)
>>
File: 1rGSJre[1].gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1rGSJre[1].gif
2 MB, 448x252
>-opinion alert-

i really enjoyed it the game, despite some glaring flaws that let it down it still had a lot of playability

>open world over shadowed the overall gameplay experience
whilst it was nice to have the freedom of choosing how you wanted to aproach a base.
i personaly loved the closed and winding locations in previous metal gear games (shadow moses, big shell, the russian jungle)

>story was a little far-fetched and lack of cutscenes
parasites, sure it's just nanomachines pre-solid, but it's a cop out (*cough*midochlorians)
and the lack of cutsenes really lost a lot of what metal gear solid games have been.

>no pc multiplayer yet
for fucks sake konami.

>fob's
i've played a little of this mode and i really dont think it brings much to the game and just adds more frustration to the numbers metagame

>the numbers metagame
fuck this, constantly seeing your staff have been plundered, or you're low on gmp, and recources.
i know it's not a big thing but it's just shit, peacewalker had it better

>boss fights were shit
this was a massive dissapointment.
to go from bossfights where you could put on a raiden mask to get a free hit to guys in big suits that teleport

this was a massive shame, and that you could outright walk away from most of the bossfights with no effort.
and there werent many of them, wheres the skull face battle? and maybe an ocelot fight whilst were at it.
still it has the best metal gear fight in the entire series (maybe not mgs4 mech battle)

>cassettes
cassettes are fine for some story, but it's a replacement for cutscenes full of snake being snake and the kookiness that makes the series great.
if we had to get a cassette of codewalkers talks with skullface and listen to it to find the a solution to the parasite infection, and if you didn't get 70% of the story through cassettes it would make them more of a collectable

>animals platform
this thing is not worth the effort.
>>
>>322235457

Old MGS was better. At least whenever a codec call came up, I was engaged enough to listen. Easily distracted guards meant fun times too.

Now they won't shut the fuck up about everything, and MGSV exclusive - I hate that buddy system.
>>
>>322235853
I thought it was underwhelming :(
>>
>>322236046
well, too bad for you
>>
>>322236106
Not really, I can get superior experiences in the same vein in games like Stalker.

MGSV is Kojima's goof, not mine.
>>
>>322236183
Stalker sucked. There's a game with a terrible set of maps and gameplay
>>
>>322236250
kek are we really trying to go there when its MGSV in question
>>
>>322236369
yeah. It's not as polished as V
>>
>>322236404
The only thing polished about V was the controls.
>>
>>322236508
still more than stalker's pile of discombobulated blandness
>>
>>322236508
And the character design, the music and the setting
>>
>>322226687
the game was unfinished
gameplay is worse than in 4 thanks to open world
we didn't find out shit about why bb got his panties in a bunch
the whole plot is flimsy, bothers too much about filler shit, and leaves the important things "open for interpretation"
the fun weapons remained in PW, along with the fun side ops and BARELY MEANINGFUL MAIN OPS
no co-ops
mother base got downgraded
lighting got downgraded
>>
>>322236663
lets not get ahead of ourselves, of all the MGS games V is probably the most bland - and Stalker is a series that is notorious for its atmosphere

Vs trailers were great though
>>
>>322236837
>gameplay is worse than in 4 thanks to open world

lol no
>>
>>322232148
I'd guess "Where the fuck's Skull Face?" was one of the questions Ocelot asked him.

>dunno
>dunno
>dunno
>ok, he's in OKB Zero, pls no syringe
>>
File: rinsabersmug.png (889 KB, 1194x510) Image search: [Google]
rinsabersmug.png
889 KB, 1194x510
>>322235248
>>322226687
>>
>>322237178

When your open world is nothing but a controlled theme park sandbox, I'd say 5 is worse than 4 in terms of gameplay.
>>
>>322237601
nice buzzwords.

It's better than 20 minutes of hallways
>>
>>322229827
Even mgs 4 had the militia against the pmcs. Mgsv killed my love for gaming now I just come here every once in a while
>>
>>322237178
you never played it, didn't you you fucking memebab
you'll never feel the soft touch of a slowly crawling 80 yo man's ass, you fucking fag
>>
>>322237787
I'd rather have a bunch of well designed hallways than a wasteland with a handful of memorable outposts where i can't crawl on stairs or shoot while hanging
>>
>>322226687
MGSV was unfinished
MGSV wasn't goty
MGSV's open world was shit
You don't play as big boss in MGSV

suh-gay
>>
>>322237787

I'll DEFINITELY take the hallways, since the game is actually fun to start instead of chore into bore
>>
>>322226687
>complains about criticism being poor
>literally gives the shittiest 'criticism' ever.
>it was shit that you had a system that penalized you at the end with a scoring system where the entire objective was to get a good score.
>>
>>322226687
>MGS was unfinished
>Not valid
>Mission 50
How about you shut your fucking mouth?
>>
>>322237895
>>322237986

keep crying bitch nigger. 4 was terrible
>>
>>322226687
why is "MGSV was unfinished" not valid criticism? its not like people said that for the sake of shitposting.

the fucking bonus DVD even shows you a bunch of unfinished shit for the game and removed chapters.
>>
>>322226687
Chalice dungeons in bloodborne were weak because, in addition to being only loosely connected to the world, were wholly unrewarding, extrinsicly and intrinsically, for the first three depth tiers (out of a possible five)
>>
>>322238068
and V couldn't even deliver what 4 did
:^)
>>
>>322226687
Health regen is not the issue of being able to casually run in and out without penalty
>>
>>322238107
It's not that it isn't valid, it's that people are getting called out for blowing it out of proportion
>>
I definately think they missed a trick with the whole Islamic Terrorism thing they could have fleshed that out more. I also didnt like how Venom went from being in a coma being blown around in a Hospital. To being a Badass Rifle firing CQC expert in the battlefield in like a week with all wounds from battlefield being healed. I also didnt really like the ponytail.. Prefer Big Boss with a.mullet. Gameplay is really nice tho. Couldve done more with it tho. Needed a better story. Better Villian. Better Bosses.
>>
File: 1450018523245.jpg (87 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1450018523245.jpg
87 KB, 601x601
>>322226687

>A product being unfinished isn't a valid criticism

Yes it is, you fucking retard.
An unfinished hamburger with an uncooked patty is not a good burger.
An unfinished car with seats made out of carboard is not a good car.
An unfinished game with a rushed ending is not a good game.
>>
>>322238107
>when you realize nondevs know nothing about the development process.

Every game you've every played is missing half or more of the content made for it. "Missing" content gets cut because it's either bad, or filled the same role as content that was included. Sometimes it's simply a creative choice to not go the direction that some of the content did.
>>
>>322226687
Fulton ruined the pace of the game play,

It limited game play options in a nonsensical way because you needed to play not lethally to unlock more lethal weapons.

Kojima is a fucking retard that thought a shit feature from a psp spinoff would be great for a numbered game

Kojima half assed the shit feature and it was better implemented on the psp game that came out before MGSV.
>>
>>322229383
Funny you post this image. It shows the varied and interesting side content PW had that made up for its shortcomings.
Too bad there was nothing like that is MGSV. It just has all of the bad parts.
>>
>>322238420

Or sometimes important shit gets cut because there isn't enough time to implement it. For instance, when the release time is suddenly and dramatically altered to "right the fuck now".

Are you actually this retarded?
>>
>>322238420
shouldn't you be back on /vg/ pretending to make a game? your argument doesn't really apply here since the game feels unfinished to so many people playing the game. that's because it is. just because it was released doesn't mean they were done with it, and it really tells. the half-assed open world and of course incomplete story are the two biggest examples.
>>
>>322226687
the first one is valid imo. maybe not because it was objectively unfinished, because if you couldn't tell just from playing the game it's not important. but you can, the story feels cut off with no resolution in the worst possible way, and the unlocking of all the possible endings felt staggered, artificial and wasn't condusive to relaying the narrative very well.
>>
>Big Boss walks in to find Ocelot and Kaz torturing Quiet
>Ocelot and Kaz demand that she talk and tell them who infected her
>Immediately demand that she not talk so she doesn't infect anyone
>Continue to torture her
>Taking a few seconds to think things through, Ocelot is now 110% team Quiet and claims she is now perfectly safe

The whole story is such a fucking mess
>>
>>322238420
im pretty sure anyone whos not an idiot knows that things get cut from games regularly during the development processes.
but its just how konami decided to handle it with MGSV. the last act of the game was obviously rushed and they basically said they couldn't finish it properly because they were over budget and didnt have time finish it.
>>
>>322238060
>Episode 50: Sahelanthropus (EXTREME)
Check your facts, shitposter.
>>
File: tumblr_nsvmkdpiox1spmvk4o1_540.jpg (159 KB, 434x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsvmkdpiox1spmvk4o1_540.jpg
159 KB, 434x810
>>322226687
When I first read about the parasite shit from MGSV in the leaks I thought it would be cool.
I didn't yet know about the fact that it was a language parasite? with other more vague strains hardly mentioned only to say some of the Cobras had similar parasites.

I thought for sure the twist was going to be the discovery of a parasite that would grant super powers.

This would explain the lack of human bosses in Peace Walker in a neat way.

This would explain why from MG1 onwards to the end of the series there were teams of freaks being bosses.

The Cobras could still be the first users of this top secret stuff, or even left as they were before to just be a natural freak team. The latter could possibly work since Big Boss is supposed to be losing his shit progressively throughout MGS3.

Big Boss would have discovered and eventually gotten his hands on this virus which he would use on his top soldiers at Outer Heaven in order to get an edge on the rest of the world. He would have super soldiers as henchmen and even guards for his base.

This made too much sense to me so much so that I am still upset that this wasn't how the parasites were used in the game. I know full well how autistic that is, but what would you have thought about that being their use in the game?
>>
>>322239258
As soon as Kojima said choices affect the story id knew itd be a clusterfuck
>>
>>322230331
underrated post
>>
>>322238420

No, most of the time it gets cut because the publisher is going to own your ass if its not released NOW.

A lot of stuff planned in pre-production never makes it to release because of time restraints.
>>
>>322226687
Oh I like this. My turn:

The mother base system completely ruined the moment to moment gameplay of the game. All the clever things you could do with the rather deep gameplay systems (targetable limbs/realistic armor coverage, semi-realistic electricity, enemy AI being effected by a wide variety of outside stimulus, etc.) were completely overshadowed by your ability to charge in wearing full body armor, wielding stupid op weapons, equipped with all sorts of crazy tool to confuse the enemy, all with a highly skilled sniper covering you. Part of what makes stealth games so fantastic is having cope when everything eventually goes into the shitter. Hell, if you ever got into a really bad spot you could literally drop a tank on your enemies. A pacifist run wasn't much harder since there was basically a non-lethal version of every weapon variety in the game. In this game the upgrade system made it so once you got found out the game basically got easier since you ALWAYS had the tools to deal with any situation you came across.

That was another problem that MB introduced to the game, you never had to worry about resources. You effectively started with the bandanna from level one, because if you ever ran out of ammo you just called a supply drop and got a full refill. There was NEVER any incentive to save powerful weapons, rare tools (there weren't even any rare tools to begin with seeing as you never found anything in the wild), or really to bother caring about any of your equipment at all.

Fulton Extraction was the final straw for me though. You literally never had to worry about any enemy once you dealt with them. Just drag them off into a corner, Fulton them, and for some reason nobody hears their scream of terror as they rocket into the sky. Badda bing badda boom no bodies lying around for you to deal with. No need to use lockers, toilets, or trash cans. Just send them on a balloon ride and forget about 'em.

It seriously pisses me off.
>>
>>322239013
yeah, I'm genuinely disgusted by the lack of fun, non-canon side shit like Pooyan and Gear REX and the dates
>>
>>322226687
You know OP has a point. A lot of times when /v/ hates something they just say something vague like "the level level design was shit" or "the gameplay was shit." It seems like most people just want to call something shit instead of explaining HOW it is shit.
>>
>>322234991
you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>322226687
>MGSV was unfinished
>not valid
you aren't ready to discuss MGSV until you've gotten over the denial, anon.
>>
File: Gary_kurtz.jpg (38 KB, 635x480) Image search: [Google]
Gary_kurtz.jpg
38 KB, 635x480
>>322227592
>George Lucas had anything to do with Empire Strikes Back

I want this meme to end.
>>
File: 1425854254839.jpg (56 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1425854254839.jpg
56 KB, 640x640
>>322235891
BOSS GET DOWN

THE ENEMY CHOPPER
Okay for fucking real though, how bad do you have to fuck up to put ALL THE STORY on tapes that you're encouraged to listen to while grinding shit in the open world AND THEN HAVE KAZ AND ADAM NEVER SHUT THEIR FUCKING MOUTHS WHILE YOU'RE TRYING TO LISTEN
>>
>>322238420
or it gets unfinished because Kojima blew the fucking budget and had too much freedom until Konami finally gave up and fucked it into the ground in the other direction
>>
I am playing the game full stealth no kills. Got to say it is really enjoyable and probably the best way to play the game. much like dishonored playing it kills and non stealth makes it a worse game.

Besides from some annoying things I had fun.

Fun, you know that thing that you are meant to have.
>>
File: 1443029488201.png (167 KB, 540x785) Image search: [Google]
1443029488201.png
167 KB, 540x785
Anyone remember the fake leaked ending which had you playing as a limping Otacon throughout the second half of MGS1. It would end with Ocelot dying instead of liquid or something like that. It was supposed to represent how everything would be finally set right before it really got out of hand. I thought it was a neat little meta ending and kinda hoped it had been true. Sure sounded better than the angry mirror fistpunch we got.
>>
File: smug bionicle joint.jpg (17 KB, 253x296) Image search: [Google]
smug bionicle joint.jpg
17 KB, 253x296
>MGS2 was a unfinished ruse game too
>>
>>322230759
>I liked the game to be honest tho.
baka desu senpai
>>
File: mqw.gif (1023 KB, 235x368) Image search: [Google]
mqw.gif
1023 KB, 235x368
>>322229383
oh yeah
>>
File: 1335736018728.jpg (86 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1335736018728.jpg
86 KB, 600x600
>>322226687
>MGSfags
>>
File: 1444217837383.jpg (188 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1444217837383.jpg
188 KB, 600x450
>>322226687

>it's unfinished isn't a valid criticism
>>
>>322241746
MGS2 wasnt literally chopped in half, the worst of it was an edited cutscene.

It also managed to deliver a cohesive experience, from A to Z, MGSV does not.
>>
>>322242176
MGSV wasn't chopped in half either doe
>>
Here's my autistic Steam review of MGSV because why not.

MGSV The Phantom Pain, an extremely disappointing sendoff for devout fans, but at least it's fun to play.

+ Top-tier port, lots of graphic options and constant 60fps, literally no drops, can run on anything. The FOX Engine is truly the best thing about this game.
+ Best gameplay in the series, perfect keyboard+mouse control and aiming.
+ All of the bases are designed beautifully for stealth.
+ True freedom of infiltration, basically no scripted events.
+ So. Many. Weapons. (The Bionic Arm punch is the most satisfying thing ever invented)
+ A few wacky and quirky things that are hilarious.
+ Such a good soundtrack.
+ Really great voice work from all the supporting cast.
+ Two sniper bosses in particular are MGS3 The End-tier good, if not better.
+ FOBs are pretty fun to infiltrate.
>>
>>322242359
- The game REQUIRES you to create an FOB, meaning you can't opt out of it, only go offline and when you come back online, all of your stolen resources all hit you at once. They straight up lied to us.
- All of the bases, while well designed, aren't exactly all unique to each other, all too similar.
- Side ops literally turn into repetative copy and paste missions.
- Most of the missions in general can be a bit repetative.
- Chapter 2 has 13 of 18 missions that are literally Chapter 1 mission replays with a difficulty restriction (Total Stealth, Subsistence, Extreme).
- The AI can still be very dumb and completely oblivious sometimes, unlike MGS2 where they looked in every nook and cranny until they found you.
- The mission ranking system is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
- Not enough interesting bosses.
- Venom Snake doesn't talk nearly enough.
- Quiet was oversexualized to the point where it was just funny. I was not ashamed of my words and deeds, Kojima.
- A lot of the writing is completely stupid and ruins the integrity of the entire MGS series, it's worse than f*cking MGS4 and that's saying a LOT.
- The story of the game is literally incomplete. It's missing half of Chapter 2 and a completely cut Chapter 3. That would explain why things are left so unresolved.
- R E T C O N N I N G O U T T H E A S S

M I L D S P O I L E R S
-The hidden final mission has a reveal where you can either love it or hate it, like MGS2 (I felt it was both stupid and nice at the same time).

Out of all the Metal Gear games, this has the worst story and turns MGS into even more of a clusterf*ck of a series than it already is. BUT, it does have the best STEALTH GAMEPLAY of all the games. I personally think Metal Gear died when it turned into a third person shooter, it just doesn't feel right (although crouch walking is fanastic).
>>
>>322242452

6/10, this is the Skyward Sword of the Metal Gear series. If you loved Metal Gear solely for the cutscene heavy linearity of them, you probably won't like this game and the only real lore you'll get is in the cassette tapes. It's hardly an MGS game, honestly. If you're a fan, this game can either be a spit in the face or you can forgive its clusterf*ck of a story and enjoy the gameplay. It just saddens me that people aren't criticizing the game enough like they should. A Hideo Kojima game does not mean a 10/10 game anymore.

I'd still rate the games as MGS3 > MGS2 > MGS1 > Ground Zeroes > MG2 > MGSV > MGS4 > Twin Snakes > MG1 > AC!D 1 > AC!D 2 > Portable Ops > Peace Walker
>>
File: 1451361629813.jpg (67 KB, 616x699) Image search: [Google]
1451361629813.jpg
67 KB, 616x699
>>322242359
>He uses *-tier outside of 4chan
>>
File: 100 percent nuclear.jpg (51 KB, 601x469) Image search: [Google]
100 percent nuclear.jpg
51 KB, 601x469
>>322242452
>Quiet was oversexualized

SJW's get out REEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw9AqFWaA5U
>>
>>322242547
Oh yeah, I also forgot.

-has Denuvo DRM which is literally hard to crack

Which is a major factor so I'm going to give it a 5/10.
>>
File: 1431029313817.jpg (10 KB, 137x137) Image search: [Google]
1431029313817.jpg
10 KB, 137x137
>>322242176
COUGH
TANKERSINKINGESCAPE
90PERCENTOFSHELL2
CHINAMANANDHISSHARKS
PLAYABLEMANHATTAN
COUGH
>>
The better question is: why did so many early reviews give it 10/10?
>>
>>322243242
Because the first 20 minutes the reviewers played were very cinematic.
>>
>>322242452
>best STEALTH gameplay
What the fuck are you smoking anon? MGSV is a fucking atrocious stealth game. It's basically a pure open worlds just cause style TPS.

>Quiet being literally easymode
>DD alerting you to all enemy positions
>the fucking mech
>fulton extraction getting rid of having to worry about bodies
>unlimited suppressors
>no resource manages or ammo conservation at all
>80% of the weapon unlocks are op combat weapons with no stealth potential whatsoever
>you can literally call in an airstrike at almost any time
>the vast majority of bases are just a bunch of dudes standing around a collection of tents.
>some missions are quite literally impossible to complete without getting into a firefight

It barely even qualifies as a stealth game, let alone a good one.
>>
>>322243367
okay
>>
>>322243742
But how does it taste?
>>
>>322243186
>CHINAMAN
>literally some fucker from the artbook and didnt even make it past pre-production

>cut content
>>
>>322243367
I mean the very core gameplay and movement, yeah all that other shit makes it easy mode, but the core stealth gameplay is pretty good.
>>
>>322244180
content which was cut
>cut content
yeah it actually fucking is
>>
>>322228157
TIME PARADOX
>>
>>322244292
dumbass it was a scrapped idea, not cut content

Big fucking difference between

>Yea this guy was cool but we decided not to add him in the final game
and
>We intended to have this in the final game but the circumstances did not permit it
>>
>>322244443
not really too big of a difference since they are both ideas which some progress was made towards putting them into the game before they were ultimately scrapped. you are making a mountain out of a mole-hill here anon nobody said mgs2 was a bad game, but it is a pretty unfinished one.
>>
>>322244443
you literally said the same thing twice
>>
>>322244239
I just can't deal with all the easymode shit, although you're right that the core gameplay is fantastic. Part of the reason I love stealth games is having to come up with a plan using all my available and limited resources to somehow survive, but in this one can just go into the menu and select "win". Also some of the systems were dumbed down so much (ammo and tools) that you aren't even able to avoid the easymode. I will never be able to manage my chaff grenades, suppressors, or tranq rounds because they didn't put any in the map on the assumption that I'd be fine just spamming supply drops.
>>
>>322245110
sure
>>
>>322226687
every other mgs is better than MGSV, yes, even poops.
>>
File: Reminder.png (38 KB, 906x173) Image search: [Google]
Reminder.png
38 KB, 906x173
>>322226687
Here's some valid criticism
>>
>>322244663
>>322244739
There is a big difference, you're just being illiterate shits.

Mission 51 in MGSV was intended to be part of the game but was cut due to time constraints

Chinaman was removed from the table because he was redundant, his plot points simplified and his battles moved to other characters. They didnt even make assets for him so how could possibly be cut content? He's an idea they toyed with, nothing more.
>>
>>322245310
fuck thats the first meta gear thing i have ever been able to appreciate. i hate mgs2.
>>
File: big_boss_2_857.jpg (91 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
big_boss_2_857.jpg
91 KB, 340x340
>>322230594
>>322230685
>>322230759
>>322233101
>>322234040
I heavily agree with all of this. Also, who the hell at KojiPro thought it was a good idea to show all the characters in the opening of every mission? It spoiled some pretty important stuff if you didn't actively look away at every chopper ride.
>>
>>322242350
Pretty much half of the missions are "difficult" versions of earlier missions.
>>
>>322245375
http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Chinaman

ctrl+f "cut"

I don't really know how many more people you want to hear it from before you believe that you are in the wrong here.
>>
>>322245624
>autism
>>
File: 1451248951673.jpg (2 MB, 1540x2364) Image search: [Google]
1451248951673.jpg
2 MB, 1540x2364
>>322226687
>>
>>322245751
All games have cut content, but MGSV is on the same level as Half Life 2 cut content. MGS2 at least has a finished story.
>>
File: 1451251476662.png (480 KB, 1193x1085) Image search: [Google]
1451251476662.png
480 KB, 1193x1085
>>
>>322245751
And guess what pal, he was such a non-issue he didnt even have in-game assets made for him.

A far fucking cry than an entire missions cutscenes being tossed onto a bonus DVD with a sob story behind it.

You can go your whole life not knowing shit about Chinaman, and it really wouldnt matter, but the whole world knows about Mission 51 and what it was supposed to be for the plot.

I can bring up plenty other examples too on the difference between scrapped ideas and cut content, its a really simple distinction
>>
>>322245751
I think the real difference was that it was cut a lot sooner, so it didn't leave a massive hole in the game anyone could notice.
>>
>>322226687
The open world was shit because there was absolutely no reason to explore,it was easily the least interesting environment in any open world game I've ever played and the only thing to do was "infiltrate" the copy pasted,half assed military camps spread throughout the map,and after a few hours of doing that you've experienced the majority of what the game has to offer.
>>
>>322231885
They had to somehow turn Huey into a character that would have some reason to kill himself in a pool and try to take his stepdaughter with him
>>
>>322226687
yea it's almost like people want to argue in a certain way but they don't know how to do it. shitposting thinking they are making valid criticisms. however they are not and are just shitposting shitty points that don't make sense. thank you for this post, op.
>>
File: Yawning.jpg (19 KB, 368x350) Image search: [Google]
Yawning.jpg
19 KB, 368x350
Ocelot, after having spent the entire series showing us how much of a weird goober he is, is suddenly the straightman for no reason.
Most of the upgrades are samey bullshit.
It is way too easy to shoot your way through a base.
The open world is barren and pointless.
They don't explain the box teleportation system at all.
The helicopter ride takes way too long.
The helicopter ride spoils the mission before it even begins. I shouldn't have to turn away from the screen so the game doesn't ruin itself for me.
The helicopter always plays the first fifteen seconds of whatever song you picked, instead of just picking a random part to play- so immediately it becomes pointless and dumb, and you hate the beginning of that song, because it's all you'll ever hear.
Non-lethal weaponry goes almost nowhere interesting, or improves your tactics in any way from the beginning of the game to the end.
Real-time upgrading is boring and dumb. It isn't fun, there is no skill involved- it is totally pointless.
I really don't want to bitch about false advertising- but the main title song is called Sins of The Father. Not only do you not commit any sins, but you aren't even the father.
In a game supposedly about the fall of Big Boss, nobody even has the nuts to kill a guy who has TIME AND AGAIN CAUSED NUMEROUS DEATHS ON YOUR BASE, a man so morally fucked that he killed his own wife. We got a game about second chances and teaching kids how to fucking read. What the fuck is that shit.
No Gray Fox, no Sniper Wolf, no actual characterization for Psycho Mantis.
They do absolutely nothing to make Skullface a compelling villain or Venom a compelling protagonist. Neither have any strange, charming, or entertaining moments, because they aren't even characters.

In a game supposedly about the development of a character, we literally skip all the moments that developed that character. We see none of it. Like, how the fuck did Big Boss end up back in FOXHOUND after being Zero's enemy for so long?
>>
>>322246135
What is the document of MGS2? If not a dvd full of cut shit and makings of which was released for MGS2. Exact same shit as MGSV had you literal retard.
>>
>>322247883
Chinaman had no content made for him in the game, he was just an idea

Mission 51 was an entire goddamn mission that was cut, thats actual cut content.
>>
>>322248039
Are you trying to tell me that MGS2 had more cut content? If so I finally get it. Because at least MGSV's cut content was nearly finished.
>>
Some of the ideas for MGS2 sound better than what was in the actual game if you read up on them.

One idea to have the ninja be a robot that taunts Snake.
I think that would have been a lot better than Olga randomly changing in an out of a exoskeleton, but then not fucking wearing the suit when she went to fight Soldius and an army of Rays.
>>
>>322227592
>mgs3
>the worst one
>>
>>322248246
:^)
you've truly enstrangled me now, le shitposter-san
>>
>>322248246
I'm telling you a scrapped idea isnt cut content because it was never even developed.

The Charger was a scrapped idea for L4D1 but later added to L4D2. If he was implemented into L4D1 but removed at the last minute he would qualify as cut content for L4D1, but that isnt the case. His concept was just saved for a later stage.
>>
File: 1450445513683.png (13 KB, 744x615) Image search: [Google]
1450445513683.png
13 KB, 744x615
The only objective flaw with metal gear solid is invading FOB's and getting perfect stealth and getting NO FUCKING REWARDS. NOTHING. I just flawlessly(full stealth) invaded back to back level 59 support fobs and all i got was minus 200,000 gmp from deployment costs. Konami is a fucking troll
>>
>>322226687
>>MGSV was unfinished
How is that not valid? Theres stuff in the trailers that wasn't in the final game. We didn't even get that "return to camp omega" mission that we were promised
>>
>>322248697
This will be the last time I respond to this back and forth shit, but you clearly don't understand how this works. If something is cut it simply means it was a planned feature which didn't make the final "cut". At least look shit up before throwing around your armchair terminology at me. At least you didn't talk about "gamefeel".
>>
>>322248957
I think you're missing the keyterm that being 'content'

an idea isnt content ready to go like what Mission 51 was shaping to be, its just an idea.

so if an idea is scrapped, its not cut content
>>
>>322227401
See, THIS. is valid criticism.
>>
>>322245310
Not to mention it takes way longer to finish than it should.
>>
>>322245492
mgs2 is the best metal gear though
>>
>>322247883
All games have shit cut from them and certain things changed throughout development. No one's denying that MGS2 is different here.

The difference between MGS2 and MGSV is that MGS2 stands on its own quite well. Sure, the game could have benefited from various things that didn't make it into the game, but the game still feels complete. Everything that needs to be there is there. Mission 51's exclusion just feels awkward, because we know what Liquid and Psycho Mantis end up doing later (Hint: it doesn't involve Sahelanthropus). So why leave that plot thread hanging? MGS2's open-endedness felt natural and consistent with the rest of the game partly because it was (until then) it was the most recent game in the timeline. MGSV doesn't have that luxury, and it clearly isn't built around it.

How damning Mission 51's absence is is up to you, but it's nothing like MGS2.
>>
I fucking hate thiz "le harder a game is the better it is" meme
>>
>>322251108
I'm not sure people are necessarily arguing that exactly, though difficulty matters.

I think people are just pointing out that game balance is an important element in video games. Especially games built around tension like stealth games. MGSV has a ton of balancing issues. Even more than MGS3 and MGS4 do. Whether it's a worthy trade-off for variety and freedom is up to your tastes, but clearly not everyone thinks it was worth it.
>>
>>322230083
>>MGSV
>>Proper stealth game
Are you fucking kidding me? The enemies in this game are so fucking stupid it fucking hurts.

Here, Razorfist goes through that problem and countless other problems this game has in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_cSywyuEQw
>>
File: garbage.jpg (59 KB, 487x330) Image search: [Google]
garbage.jpg
59 KB, 487x330
>>322250785
Ok fine I'll post it then.

mgs3
mgs1=mgs4
mgs2

and im not even going to bother placing anything else because the rest would be below mgs2 and we all know those are the important ones to argue over anyway.
>>
>>322251427
>mgs3 the best
nice meme
>>
>>322248713
This. This is what everyone should be talking about
>>
>>322226687
>A game being unfinished is no longer valid criticism

This is the modern "gaymer" everyone. It's because of people like him that we get games like Battlefront and MGSV, because they know people will eat that shit up no matter how badly done it is.
>>
Because once you've typed up the same argument countless times to people who won't listen in one way or another you don't want to bother doing anything but sum up your feelings
>>
>>322226687
The PS360 versions of the game spoiled it.
>>
>>322250785
It's always been my favorite. Not even for just the story; I just like the core gameplay of MGS2 the most.
>>
File: MGSvsTPPcharacters.png (1 MB, 1043x901) Image search: [Google]
MGSvsTPPcharacters.png
1 MB, 1043x901
>>
>>322226687
>cutting the ending of a game isnt a valid criticism
>>
>>322226687
>game was unfinished
>not a valid criticism
What's a place to discuss videogames since this board has become infested with facebook shitters?
>>
>>322251427

This doujin would have been better if she was his roommate or step-sister.
>>
>>322251668
>meme characters
Fixed.
>>
File: blondie5.jpg (27 KB, 378x304) Image search: [Google]
blondie5.jpg
27 KB, 378x304
>>322251576
qft

quality discussion is actually really difficult and the barrier to entry is high and most people who complain about shitposting cannot into quality discussion anyway

no point expending the energy on faggots who will write the same dumb shit as the shitposters in a more polite and contemplative tone
>>
>>322251710
But the ending is in the game.
What was cut was the build-up to it.
>>
File: reuenthrall.png (115 KB, 356x275) Image search: [Google]
reuenthrall.png
115 KB, 356x275
>>322251427
>>322251738

reverse image search has failed me, source?
>>
>>322252136

If I post a sadpanda link are you going to be too retarded to figure out how to access it?
>>
File: 1450759731116.png (146 KB, 448x463) Image search: [Google]
1450759731116.png
146 KB, 448x463
>>322252191
Don't worry, already have an account. Haven't fapped in awhile.
>>
>>322252507
http://exhentai.org/g/790972/b221b56c6a/

Have a nice fap, anon-kun
Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.