[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I keep hearing about Dark Souls having bad controls and bad hitboxes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Hi there.jpg (59 KB, 500x678) Image search: [Google]
Hi there.jpg
59 KB, 500x678
I keep hearing about Dark Souls having bad controls and bad hitboxes.

PLEASE for the love of god tell me what game has "good hitboxes when Darks Souls has bad ones.
>>
hi me crungus haha : )
>>
monster hunter bich
>>
Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>322223216
Street Fighter 4, Devil May Cry 3, Bayonetta, etc.
>>
>>322223586
Bayonetta, DMC3/4, Ninja Gaiden etc. are actually my favorite games but imo Dark Souls' hitboxes are even better
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00008.jpg (538 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01_00008.jpg
538 KB, 1920x1080
Jesus fucking christ. Is this just me needing to git gud or is my roll or hitboxes of the boss really fucked? I know all of his moves by now yet I can't dodge them consistently, for instance when he lunges his sword forward I get caught
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00009.jpg (741 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01_00009.jpg
741 KB, 1920x1080
>>322224398
Beat him, though I feel no satisfaction. Only anger.
>>
Touhou
>>
>>322224398
imo in DS2 you should only use iframes to dodge because other wise you are just absolutely fucked.
protip: you should level ADP for that
>>
>>322223216
Any game where rolling through a sword larger than your body without taking damage isn't possible.
>>
>>322225113
What if the game devs specifically took iframes into account on higher difficulties?

I don't think you can beat MGS2 on Extreme difficulty without abusing Raiden's iframes.
>>
>>322225025
I put some points in it, have 88agility now though I don't like it. It's not a fun thing to level up and it's just kind of unclear when the roll gets better. Would rather they'd just stuck to having one roll throughout the game, maybe increase the distance you roll with agi or something, but this unclear I-frame stuff just isn't fun.
>>
>>322223216
Bad hitboxes are a myth. People that complain about the bad hitboxes either use anecdotes as evidence or confuse the bad netcode with bad hitboxes.
>>
>>322226987
>anecdotes as evidence
but isn't that all it is? Specific attacks or the like on bosses that are just plain cheap?
>>
>>322223216
For me, Mario 64.
>>
>>322225680
It actually is clear when it gets better. Here's a list of i-frames per agility level: http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/agility

Although, learning the timing is more crucial. Grinding souls for agility just isn't worth it.
>>
>>322225680
Personally I found 92 Agility to be more than enough and 88 just a littlle bit not enough.
>>
>>322225680
I felt like ii was less about i-frames and more about short rolls getting caught in late hitbox. Put on paper-thin and -light armor and you're good to go.
>>
>>322228882
yes, this, I feel like when I'm completely avoiding an attack I'm more likely to get hit than if I just roll straight into them right before the attack lands, i.e exploiting the i-frames. Would be nice to see a balance where rolling away from an attack makes your legs invincible or something to encourage rolling in a "logical" sense
>>
Man, what was the reasoning with putting Draenglic armor so early in the game? I've been playing for quite some time now, and it's only now that I'm starting to find armors that can kind of match up with it, it's like I have to gimp myself in order to wear other things, isntead of there being a more natural progression of the gear you find getting better and better.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.