[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Go to friends house >Small gathering, only 6 of us. >Someones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: kojima-main.jpg (152 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
kojima-main.jpg
152 KB, 700x500
>Go to friends house
>Small gathering, only 6 of us.
>Someones faggy younger brother is there
>They got a Wii U set up
>oh cool I guess I will get to play the new smash
>faggy kid clearly in it to win
>everyone else just fucking around beating each other up, switching characters, laughing, making jokes
>Fag is literally standing in corner, waiting for us to beat each other up then coming in last second to smash us all off stage in 1 hit
>we all call him out on being a fag then proceed to team up on him for a round.
>He Literally is screeching as we chase him around stage
>"Haha ok guys. lets just go back to having fun."
>"BLERGEGEGER. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. AHHHHHHHHHHHH."
>We all decide to do something else because this one kid is a fucking idiot.

That's fine if you really want to get good at smash bros for some reason. But jesus fucking christ, stop being such a fucking homo about it. The VAST majority of people that play these games are in it to just fuck around and have fun. Thank you god these autistic idiots have their own little club to circlejerk each other as they talk about marios tier ranking.
>>
>>322221330
This happened to me once. I was at a party where someone wanted to do 8 player Smash, and of course the guy hosting it didn't want to do anything but stock matches because he wanted to lame it out the whole time while everyone else was having fun beating each other up (me included). Of course it was the guy who owned the Wii U.

I got sick of it so I started primarily going after him and rallying the others up against him, and he got so fucking pissed at me.
>>
>>322221330
Was he playing as mega man? Chimpouts like that are the hallmark of a mega man player
>>
>>322221330
Great blog post
>>
>>322221330
Everytime when playing smash with friends. Whats the point of turning off items? It's like turning off the fun.
>>
>>322221330
People actually care about tiers in smash? I thought people just picked characters they were interested in and got proficient. I thought that was the fun of smash. I mean I'm a huge Fag and only really play stock cuz one well timed heavy character smash could take all those points in a time limit, but I don't really care too much if I'm better or worse than other people I play with. If they suck then I'll let myself suck too
>>
Time >>>>>> Stock

come at me
>>
I love Smash and think it's cool when people play the game well. But that shit gets taken to serious round here.
>>
>>322221330
If he wanted to get good at Smash he wouldn't be playing Smash 4.
>>
>>322221849
considering that they added like 10 "take a stock instantly" items and pokemon and assist trophies, I think it's for the best in this game to turn them off.
>>
>>322222146
One of the bigger disapointments even from a casual side.

So shitty to see all of the new items do the same fucking thing in different ways.
>>
>>322221330
>"BLERGEGEGER. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH."
What kid would ever say this
>>
>>322221937
That's a pretty interesting opinion anon, care to explain your view further? What do you enjoy about timed matches? What about them do you prefer them over stock matches?
>>
>>322221330
>trying to be good in smash 4

this happened once at my uni

I just asked him if he was too slow to learn melee and he got quiet real fast. Just let smash 4 be a fun casual party game you autists. Melee literally exists idk why you would even want to play smash 4 seriously
>>
File: cosquwU.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cosquwU.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>322221330
You do realize the majority of /v/ IS that kid, right?

I hope you don't think these autists will provide any good discussion surrounding any game at all, much less their infallible nintendo games.
>>
>>322222334
I like timed matches better because it encourages everyone to just wail on people as much as they can, instead of hanging back and being a coward.

You can't win by being a coward in timed matches because you won't get any KO's that way, but you definitely can do that in stock matches.

That's pretty much the only reason, it's just more fun for me and everyone else.
>>
>>322222321
I swear to god he literally was screeching. As soon as he started, we all got dead quiet. Didn't even try and awkwardly play it off. The atmosphere got noticeably heavier.
>>
>>322222146
If it's just for fun I think items on medium are ok. Still the Gust Bellows is fucking annoying.
>>
Bad friends get mad at eachother while playing multiplayer nintendo games.
Good friends have a blast while playing multiplayer nintendo games.
Best friends have a blast but also want to eviscerate eachother while playing multiplayer nintendo games.
>>
>>322222519
I feel these are valid points. My only gripe with stock is when I play against people who hang back on the edges and don't actively try to participate in the smashing. I understand maybe hanging back for a second or playing a little more carefully, but I dislike the feeling of getting punished when I try to pursue the player doing it without saying anything to the other players. It usually leads to getting poked into a participating player's smash and I feel that's an unfun method of play, since they only have to avoid me, and I have to avoid everyone while landing a successful blow. Stock can only truly shine if you have four players willing to participate consistently.

Thanks for the opinion anon, I'm going to try timed matches this weekend.
>>
smash bros is fucking awful playing to win outside of melee, the most efficient strategy is awful and boring
>>
>faggy
Are you like 13
>>
>>322221330
I used to commit sudoku with kirby while I had someone in mh womb
>>
File: regretnuffin.gif (192 KB, 1036x654) Image search: [Google]
regretnuffin.gif
192 KB, 1036x654
>>322221330
>playing smash
>playing with a WiiU
>surprised an underage autistic retard joins in
What were you expecting OP?
>>
>>322223417

OP must be 16 or so.
A 2000s kid for sure.
>>
File: burning.gif (603 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
burning.gif
603 KB, 320x240
>>322221330
The people I play smash with refuse to play with items on or on non-Omega stages. I find no enjoyment from drowning in salt. I initially started playing to have fun, but over the past year, I just wanna kick my friends ass so bad he stops playing the game with me. It'll be much sweeter than just cutting him off.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.