[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the best worms game /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
Which is the best worms game /v/?
>>
The N-gage one.
>>
Armageddon
>>
Worms 2
>>
I've only played worms ultimate mayhem so i guess that one
>>
Oh look, it's this thread again.

Couldn't even wait a few days huh?

Armageddon though.
>>
>>322213942
Not aware of any prior threads. I just had an itch for worms ba-dum-tsh and I wasn't sure which one is the best. I played the one on DS a bit but I wanted to know if there were better games in the series.
>>
Armageddon.
>>
Worms 3d!

Did anyone else actually play it?
>>
>>322213080
This. 2D is all you need and silly worm voices.
>>
Worms 4 Mayhem
Shame though it uses gamespy which is dead.
>>
>>322214043
Armaggedon is on steam and it's fucking amazing.

Avoid World Party, at least on steam. It's garbage.
>>
World Party.
>>
>>322211629
Armageddon always
>>
>>322211629
gunbound
>>
>>322214058
Yeah, it was actually pretty good. The hate was never justified. Definitely not as good as Armageddon though.
>>
>>322214058
i played it so fucking much growing up i knew how to manipulate the air physics to snipe with the bazooka yet i cannot replicate whatever the fuck i used to do and now the entire game is confusing as fuck to me

how did i DO IT
>>
>>322211629
Mayhem and Worms 3d are the best!
>>
>>322214058
you mean ultimate mayhem?
>>
>>322214530
fuck ultimate mayhem, other than one or two maps none of the maps were actually interesting

3d was the better 3d game
>>
who the fuck thought the concrete donkey was a good addition to this game? it is broken in every single game its in
>>
What does Armageddon have over World Party?
>>
>>322215582
An actual playerbase.
>>
>>322216613
Yeah, but what's actually better about it?
>>
World Party niggas
>>
Is it easy to set up armageddon for online play with, say, a pirated copy?
>>
>>322219347
It's not that hard. But it's like $3 on Steam, and it's much easier.
>>
http://arcanists14.funorb.com/g=arcanistsmulti/game.ws?js=1

Anyone ever play Arcanists? its like worms with magic n shit used to play it when I got bored of Runescape as a kid
>>
>>322218635
Not him but Armageddon got a shitload of updates while WWP just got forgotten by T17.
>>
>>322219923
Wait, this website still exists? Is this some kind of mirror?
>>
>>322211629
world party
>>
>>322211629
Armageddon and 3d
>>
>>322212354
Yep.
>>
>>322211629
I liked Forts Under Siege
>>
>>322221035
Nah dude I think this website is still up after all these years, this was my go to when I was bored with no money as a kid
>>
>>322211629
For solo Armageddon had a good campaign.

For multiplayer World Party had more options from the start though.

Why did the series fall so low after these ?
>>
>>322224061
Because there was nothing to innovate, really.

World Party was just Armageddon with more shit from the start, but now World Party, a sequel to Armageddon, is rendered completely obsolete by fan-patched Armageddon, which adds all World Party doodads and more.

Trying to innovate the series and not just sell weapon or mappacks has lead to the lukewarm reception of Worms 3D.

It's like with Heroes of Might & Magic. NWC didn't know where to progress with the series after 3.
>>
Liero.
>>
File: 1435054542876.jpg (33 KB, 312x390) Image search: [Google]
1435054542876.jpg
33 KB, 312x390
>tfw you enjoyed worms forts
>noone of your friends did
>>
Armageddon is probably the most active on PC. It's arguably the definitive Worms. A direct improvement/update over Worms 2.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.