[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ hate this game? I've yet to play it (I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: PoE.jpg (60 KB, 915x585) Image search: [Google]
PoE.jpg
60 KB, 915x585
Why does /v/ hate this game?
I've yet to play it (I'm going to pirate it first) but there's a lot of negativity surrounding it.

So in true /v/ fashion, I ask.
What went wrong?
>>
File: 1428275825763.png (177 KB, 237x348) Image search: [Google]
1428275825763.png
177 KB, 237x348
>>322208126
>What went wrong?

It was a bit overbalanced, but not as much as people complain about that aspect of the game. I felt that combat was at least smoother than the older games it was trying to be like and so was the movement, it doesn't take ten minutes to walk from screen to screen like with Baldur's or Planescape. The real problems I had with it other than that common complaint was the player made npc stories. I hope a mod or something gets made that just takes them all out, as they''re just a drain on my patience and time. Secondly, the story was underwhelming in comparison to most of Obsidian's shit, it wasn't terrible in that regard, but again considering it's Obsidian I was expecting a lot more.

It was just a medium experience all around, I don't hate it, but it definitely isn't my favorite game of theirs nor did it displace any of the classic isometric games it was hoping to.
>>
It's crap compared to the games it tried to copy.
>>
>>322208126
>Why does /v/ hate this game?

Did I miss something? Has /v/ flip flopped on another game that got attention?
>>
>>322208126
lot of game breaking bugs at launch
the game ended abruptly like right when it got into the swing of things boom end credits

dlc and updates may have fixed this but didnt care enough to confirm
>>
>>322209143
>dlc may have fixed this
lol no
if you're going to pirate anything OP, just get Age of Decadence
>>
>>322208126
the story is wrose than BG 1 which was already bad, the ui is straight out of an iphone game and there will never be a sequel where you get actual content for high level play because they had to make their post release dlc episodic and still haven't released part 2 of it.
>>
>>322208126
You reach max level after 50ish hours or halfway through the game. Completely falls apart after the second act. Sawyer can't stop rebalancing the combat even tho it's a fucking singleplayer game. Writing is pretty good but >muh noble savage ruins a lot.
>>
>>322209280
>Sawyer can't stop rebalancing the combat
he's only a writer and he left obsidian like a month after the game released.
>>
Combat's dogshit boring and it's been balanced post-launch like a fucking mmo so nothing powerful or fun remains

The majority of the game is just micromanaging your way through fights against trash mobs to make sure you have enough resources left for the big fights

Oh and despite there being no XP for combat about 85% of the game is combat and it's all but unavoidable
>>
>>322209339
Sawyer, not Avellone you retard.
>>
>>322208126

No one but sonycucks hate the game. It's an alright game.
>>
>>322208126
pretty good. Made a 6 player pre-made party at the first inn, and rolled over pretty much everything. The IE mod makes it better.
>>
>>322208126
I never got the impression that people hated it. Most agree that it's okay, but not like 10/10 great or something. At least from what I've seen
>>
>>322208126

Thought it was a damn good game. It has it's flaws but there are a lot of very well done areas and I look forward to the second iteration. Seemed to have sparked a resurgence in CRPGs too
>>
>>322209263
>episodic
part 1 is a fully contained no cliffhanger story
part 2 is just related
>>
File: xaurips.jpg (2 MB, 6000x3882) Image search: [Google]
xaurips.jpg
2 MB, 6000x3882
Ugh why cant i play as xaurip?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.