[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck. This game is truly fucking garbage. I didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (480 KB, 1447x1010) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
480 KB, 1447x1010
What the fuck. This game is truly fucking garbage. I didn't want to believe it. I regret wasting $20 on it. The people that payed full price are poor souls.
>>
It's not shit, it's perfect for what it's trying to do, which is to capture the feel oh the toho movies as a game.

You just wanted destroy all monsters melee/save the eath/unleashed.
>>
I still can't believe how hard people were defending this game.
>>
>>322200785
What? I wanted a decent Kaiju fighting game. All I got was garbage. The gameplay is shit. A pure shit.
>>
>>322200803
>I wanted a decent Kaiju fighting game.

Yeah, that's my point: that's not what this is trying to be, if you want that, play the other Godzilla games or war of the monsters.

This is more about capturing the feel and mood of the actual films, which the fighting games don't do at all.
>>
>>322200803
Gojira fans are truly the thirstiest of all vidya fandoms
>>
>>322201069
shit, this was in reply to >>322200950 , not >>322200803
>>
>>322200785
they could have done that AND offer a good game, they did not.

There are plenty of ways to do a godzilla simulator and it not being shit, I hate retards like you this is the godzilla game I wanted in theory but it plays like ass the controls and the are ass
>>
>>322201646
So what would you do to improve it then, be specific.
>>
>>322201069
So, a good fighting game can't capture the spirit? The gameplay has to be absolute shit for that? Unlocking all the stuff TO CAPTURE THE AWESOME FEELING must feel like the biggest chore because it's so lame?
>>
>>322201839
I can't think of a way to make it work, no. Godzilla in the movies is lumbering, slow, and clunky, he's less of an animal and more like a living storm.

The original ps3 version didn't even have a VS mode; this game really wasn't intended to be about monster fighting primarily, it's a godzilla sim.
>>
I dropped it after the tutorial.

Firstly it looks like shit.

Secondly it's way too anime.

Lastly Destroy All Monsters Melee is a much better Zilla game.
>>
>>322202434
>Lastly Destroy All Monsters Melee is a much better Zilla game.

It's better game but it's a worse godzilla game, it's completely different in tone and feeling from the movies.

>Secondly it's way too anime.
what, how is ANY of it anime?
>>
>>322201749
first I would completely change the controls they wasted to many buttons for stupid shit focus more on making each kaiju unique and capture the essence of the character give us more moves overall would greatly improve the gameplay to many characters where just hand slaps and their ranged attack a lot of these characters have dozens of movies to draw inspiration from.

The controls were ass remove the stupid L1 and R1 turning the monster shit use L3 and R3 if they really need to, make R1 the dedicated grab button the L1 button gives them different moves for square and triangle and a variation for their beam attack. L3+R3 will center the camera.

remove the stupid destroy g generator missions no one likes them and the stupid growing bigger shit, just have everyone at their canon sizes and have the story mode just be unique for each monster and shorter, a few destroy the city missions and a few battles that reference movies.

don't be that retard that think people hate it because its not a DaMM sequel people hate it because its just not very good at what it does.
>>
>>322202589
The girl in the tutorial.

I would have lived the game better if it's about making a godzilla movie or if it was a kaiju fighter.

I'll eventually play through it, but I dropped it for bloodborne because I can't stand games that waste my time with tutorials.
>>
>>322202695
>focus more on making each kaiju unique and capture the essence of the character
Give examples.

> give us more moves overall would greatly improve the gameplay to many characters where just hand slaps and their ranged attack a lot of these characters have dozens of movies to draw inspiration from.
Agreed

>The controls were ass remove the stupid L1 and R1 turning the monster shit
I disagreee. Using the control sticks to turn would just make the slow turning speed seem even slower, and you can't speed it up without ruining the lumbering feel that godzilla has that he should have.

Everything else I agree with too, but that wouldn't make it a better fighter and most peeople would still hate it.

>>322202993
>The girl in the tutorial.
Nigga have you watched a single toho movie, that's how godzilla characters are
>>
It wouldn't feel like Godzilla if you could block attacks, right? Or have a matchmaking that doesn't rank you above people 150 ranks higher, or have stable servers, or punishment for leavers. That wouldn't be Godzilla!
>>322202993
The tutorial takes less than 3 minutes.
>>
>be matched up against mothra
>it just uses his whirlwind nonstop
>die in stun lock because everyone of Godzilla attack is way slower
THAT FEELS JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIES.
>>
>>322203242
>Give examples.
besides godzilla mecha godzilla and a few others none of them really include much from their movies besides what I would call the basics. I am not saying the namco bandai jojo games are good but learn from them focus on just recreating moves from the movies for each character.

>I disagreee. Using the control sticks to turn would just make the slow turning speed seem even slower, and you can't speed it up without ruining the lumbering feel that godzilla has that he should have.
I said use L3 and R3 meaning pressing down on either the left thumb stick or right would turn the kaiju in that direction, a lot of people complained they wasted buttons on that you already have your fingers on them anyway so it would not be annoying and you free up two valuable buttons for more moves.

People do not mind it is slow, it is the content and controls people hate fix those things and people would have loved it.
>>
>New Godzilla game is fucking dogshite
>Kaiju Combat is going to be fucking dogshite.
Where were you when Kaiju fighting games died out?
>>
>>322203242
Yeah but I don't want to see those EDF niggas. I want to see Zilla on Zilla action.

Also New Rampage ducking when??
>>
>play Kaiju X in king of the kaijus
>all I get are tips for Godzilla
JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIES

>play master of destruction as protector
>have to hear the same line of that bitch all the time that I can't skip
LIKE IN THE MOVIES
>>
>>322203724
This wasn't intended to be a fighting game.
>>
>>322203840
>This wasn't intended to be a fighting game.
And look what happened, it ended up becoming a bad game.
>>
>>322203724
Just remake War of the Monsters with online fighting and a few more monsters.
>>
>>322203840
But it was intended to unlock everything in the game through fighting, yes? Brilliant game making decision 12/10.
>>
>>322203724
Pacific Rim game was dogshit too

And now it's gone forever
>>
>no healthbar except when you are nearly dead
Anything else wouldn't have felt like Godzilla.
>>
>tfw I knew that the whole online fights with other player thing was just a shoehorned-in feature to appeal to the American audience who absolutely adore monster fights because I played the PS3 version beforehand
>tfw I knew it was gonna be shitty, but people were too excited about a new Godzilla game to care
>>
This was the first game I got for the PS4. I played it the first day, then dropped it for about three months. Came back to it recently.

It's better than a lot of reviewers gave it, and on the fanservice side of things it's pretty great. But that combat just disappoints and frustrates me so much and prevents it from being an actually good game.

Godzilla himself becomes more fun to play as after you've gone through the story mode a couple of times and unlocked some of his moves. He's got an okay array of movement and fighting commands. But I don't think it was a good idea to lock his move set behind multiple playthroughs of the story mode. I can maybe understand why they did it, to add replay value, but it's such a poor idea.

And the other kaiju on offer, whilst cool, have nowhere near the same range of movement or combat options.
>>
>>322205356

And the fighting itself is just shoddy feeling. It doesn't feel like there's any strategy behind it, it's just a case of spamming the roar 'block' and hitting your specials and hoping they hit before the enemy's does. Half the time you're unlucky and just get caught in a stun lock.

I'm not even taking about the multiplayer monster fights, just the fights in general.
>>
File: Megalon.png (337 KB, 530x637) Image search: [Google]
Megalon.png
337 KB, 530x637
WHERE THE FUCK IS MEGALON?
>>
>>322205328
>told people it was shit and they just shoe horned in monster fights to trick americans into buying it
>told them even the japs hated the game
>they still bought it
>I just bought it now for 20 bucks
the fighting and movesets are really shit and the whole growing thing is retarded
>>
>>322205827

So true. They put Jet Jaguar in, why not Megalon?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.