[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking awful download speed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Shitty download speeds.jpg (13 KB, 192x115) Image search: [Google]
Shitty download speeds.jpg
13 KB, 192x115
Anyone else experiencing absolutely fucking awful download speeds on Steam?

I downloaded Thief Gold and Thief 2 on the first day of the sale which kept going down to what's shown in pic related, but eventually picked up after about half an hour. Earlier today I downloaded some other shit and it was fine.
>>
File: Internet Speed.jpg (19 KB, 697x65) Image search: [Google]
Internet Speed.jpg
19 KB, 697x65
Oh, and just so you know, shitty NBN Australian Master Race checking in.
>>
Steam just took a shit for me but it seems to be back, probably giving more personal info the the Yakuza
>>
switch download location in settings
works a lot of times
not always
>>
>>322201873
Thanks, I didn't think of that. I just sat here slowly getting madder like a massive autist.
>>
>>322200345
Get higher steam level so you're not in the bottom of download priorities ;^)
>>
>>322202816
Does this mean PalmDesert gets his games instantly?
>>
1.3 MB/s peak here.

Why must I suffer?
>>
>>322203218
Be thankful it's not the worst. Friends of mine get like 600kb/s maximum at all times.
>>
>>322200428
>tfw the nbn is installed 3 streets away
malcolm you cunt just give me my fast internet i have shit to download
>>
File: 1450129293070.gif (286 KB, 448x256) Image search: [Google]
1450129293070.gif
286 KB, 448x256
12.3 MB here.
>>
I did op, normal Telstra net for me
>>
>>322203769
Don't be so sure it'll be that much better. My NBN was just installed and we got it on the 15th of December and it's only as fast as what's in that internet speed picture.

I'm pretty sure we got the shit version though (fiber to a node and then copper to houses). My evidence is that I know people with like 90mbps
>>
>>322202816
Bullshit, level 70 and I was privy to the same shitty download throttling as everyone else in the Oceania region. It's just their servers shitting out, switch region to American.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.