[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>falls apart right after Anor Londo and becomes pathetically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53 KB, 256x330
>falls apart right after Anor Londo and becomes pathetically easy for the rest of the game

What went wrong?
>>
it falls apart right after Anor Londo and becomes pathetically easy for the rest of the game
>>
You got gud
>>
>>322198343
>What went wrong?

Whiney fanboys who love to hate good games and complain about everything 2bh.
>>
I hope this is true as I was never able to beat Ornstein and Smough.

I have three different saves that end right there.
>>
Miyazaki had an aneurysm looking at Lost Izalith.
>>
>>322198343
Game was super-rushed.

It's why you just fight Quelaag when she was supposed to be a covenant leader and optional boss like Gwyndolin. There are tons of unused assets, even voice files.
>>
There was no time.

Lost Izalith feels like a test level.
>>
>>322198434
/thread
>>
This has been done to death. DaS was rushed out the door. It's filled with unused assets meant to cover cut content. Oscar was supposed to be your runningmate so to speak. The chaos blade and Shiva had a quest line. Levels were supposed to be bigger and harder.

All of quelaag and the fair lady was more involved. And it was all cut because of time.

So it falls apart because the second half of the game is basically unfinished.
>>
>>322200106
Do you think this problem will persist in DS3?
>>
Everyone says this, but I felt like Duke's Archives, Ashe Lake, and New Londo Ruins were all some of the best areas in the game, and I'd consider them all post-anor londo zones
>>
I don't know, I felt the first half of Anor Londo was pretty shit.

>mandatory platforming to beat a game based around combat
>>
>>322198343

>What went wrong?

It wasn't Demon Souls
>>
>>322201496
I agree, I like Tomb of the Giants, too. Basically only the demon ruins and izalith are shitty.
>>
>>322201521

>that fucking rafter section
>go back on new character and just Force the fuck out of everybody
>>
>>322201230
Well, Bloodborne was properly finished so not necesarily.
>>
>>322201496
>Ashe Lake
>straight path into sand leading to a covenant, pretty much nothing else in the zone except a hydra

>New Londo Ruins
>get spammed by one enemy type in the first half and nothing else

If you're talking about atmosphere, maybe, but there's not much else that could put them as beast areas in the game.
>>
>>322201936
The boss of Duke's Archives was pretty shit too.
>>
>>322201936
every area of the game has a dominant enemy
>>
>>322202084
Dominant enemy =/= One type of enemy

Undead burg had hollows, but these hollows were weak but quick, spear guys, axe guys leaping at you, sword guys charging at you with shields, hollows throwing bombs at you from above, hollows with crossbows, etc.

In the first half of New Londo, it is ONLY the ghost with the two daggers.
>>
>>322198434
Dukes archive was the only other place I had issues.
And only at first as I got used to the crystal fuckers and the ranged capabilities every other enemy
>>
>>322199607
Just fucking summon Solaire if you're having that much trouble.
>>
>>322201757
>half-assed Chalice Dungeons
>"properly finished"

Nah.

>Hey guys, look at all these cool level and boss designs we made!
>Damn, is there no way to fit bosses like Watchdog of the Old Lord or Blood-Letting Beast into the main campaign? Or how about these cool dungeon-like levels?
>What do we do then? We don't want these designs to go to waste!
>I know! Let's just make some half-assed procedural-dungeon mechanic and put all our leftover content there!
>"But we don't have that many unique monsters and bosses for the procedural dungeon?
>It's okay though! I'll just recycle a lot of bosses from the main campaign and also turn a lot of generic enemies into bosses!
>I'll also add lots of grindiness to it!
>Some of these places will also force you to fight at reduced health!
>I'll give it some 2Deep4U name like the "Chalice Dungeons"!
>They'll totally love it!
>>
DaS1 is overrated as fuck, half the game is literal trash.
>>
File: 1391603251282.png (489 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
1391603251282.png
489 KB, 571x540
>>322202298
Chalice dungeons are literally a side/completely optional aspect of the game though. The actual campaign in Bloodborne is finished, unlike DaS1, and even the DLC is more polished.

You're comparing the 2nd half of the actual Dark Souls story campaign to a completely optional autism simulator.
>>
Anyone have a link to some page showing everything that could've been with DaS1 ?
>>
>you can completely cheese the final boss by abusing flasks

Letting you have up to 20 upgrade-able flasks at a time wasn't such a good idea.
>>
>>322202749
What do you mean?
>>
>>322202298
>to defend DaS' 2nd half you have to compare 100% optional side game shit where all the shittier ideas and bosses from development were dumped into

kek, and yet chalice dungeons are still better than DaS' 2nd half
>>
>>322202249
you're forgetting the one's that cast magic and only have a single blade, red eyes and all that, but I don't think this is a good statement because while they certainly lacked a variety the enemies there had rather unique qualities, ontop of that the darkwraiths atleast in my opinion were one of the scariest enemies to encounter.
>>
>everybody keeps talking up how difficult ornstein and smough are
>kill them on my third try solo
I had more trouble with the Capra demon
>>
>>322202971
This.

Chalice dungeons have better atmosphere and aesthetics than fucking demon ruins and lost Izalith. They even have their own unique enemies.
>>
>>322202780
having 20 estus flasks breaks the game from a PvE standpoint, since you have so many healing items the bosses become a joke since you can soak up all that damage then fuck off and heal
especially when 20 estus is readily available from the start of the game
>>
>>322202330
more than half desu
good:
the depths (best area in game)
first castle area (londo?)
duke's archives
sen's fortress
the very final area with the black knights

bad: the rest
>>
The fuck you talking about OP, as soon as you get to Anor Londo the game goes to shit.

>big empty open spaces everywhere
>takes forever to run from point a to point b
>giant looking city but you only have access to 0.00001% of it

I can understand that it was the city of the gods or whatever and thus it needed to be big like that, but then all the shit afterwards is just as bad.
>>
>>322202298
the one problem i have with chalice dungeons is the fact that you only meet Yahrnem in them. if you don't do them, you have no idea who that spooky ghost lady is when you see her in the Moonside lake and outside of Mergos chamber
>>
>>322203319
How are chalice dungeons bad?
>>
>>322203281
This, the only good thing about Anor Londo was O&S and Painted World. The actual area was dogshit.
>>
>>322203378
their not

but one of the most important characters in the BB universe is subjected to being a boss in a 100% optional area outside of the main game over world.

im perfectly fine with them as is. get off work, only have an hour and a half, pop in a chalice dungeon for a quick play through
>>
>>322202281
Or even other help too for that matter
>>
>>322201496
Unfinished doesn't necessarily mean poor quality
>>
>>322198343
>the demon ruins are the whole rest of the game

LOL
>>
>>322203114
They tried to null that in DS2 but you've still got lifegems and stuff
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.