[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's discuss Multiplayer Achievements. The Good >Play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: xbox360achievement.png (25 KB, 403x79) Image search: [Google]
xbox360achievement.png
25 KB, 403x79
Let's discuss Multiplayer Achievements.

The Good
>Play X number of matches
>Win X number of matches
>Play a match on each map (no DLC)
>Win a match on each map (no DLC)
>Reach X rank/level/etc (Experience gain)

The Bad
>Play a match on each map (DLC)
>Win a match on each map (DLC)
>Get X numbers of kills with a specific weapon
>Reach X rank/level/etc (Skill based ranking)

The Ugly
>Find the hidden X on map Y
>Get X number of kills with weapon Y on map Z
>Pretty much all the Halo 3 MP achievements
>>
>win a match on each map

Not cool. Unless you cant vote for maps
>>
I think achievements that force you to try new ways of playing are better than those you just get by playing.
The simple progression based achievements are boring and they don't add a whole lot to the experience other than just "I guess I'll get it eventually"
Having to try to get a specific achievement by playing a specific way and then succeeding is more satisfying in my opinion
>>
>>322197958
But it arbitrary changes the natural flow of gameplay.

>fuck you asshole give me the sniper I need the achievement
>>
>Find the hidden X on map Y
Those are alright.
Fuck multiplayer achievements in general though, unless its something like CoD the multiplayer is probably going to be dead in weeks.
>>
>>322196025
The I want to kill someone
>Reach the #1 spot on the leaderboard of a game with dead servers
>>
>>322196025
I have hyper-platinumed BF4 (all DLC) but I need to get Jet Fighter ribbons to unlock the UCAV, which I then need to log kills with.

I have done everything else in the game and am in no way a bad player. I have tried, many hours, to get kills with the jet, and even playing to cheat (shoot down the AC-130 for multikills) I cannot understand how to use the Jet. I have all the upgrades unlocked.

Nothing works. It makes me feel like I don;t understand |the language" or I am mentally handicapped in some way.

it's bothering me. I only need the one achievement to put this game to bed forever.
>>
>>322198078
Multiplayer achievements aren't a good idea in general, but Halo 3 did it alright if I remember correctly.
Most of them you could only do in ranked FFA so if you tried to do them you were only really affecting your own chances of winning.
Again, I still don't like the idea of multiplayer achievements, but if you're going to make achievements for MP they should at least be interesting, otherwise you're better off leaving more for the SP
>>
File: Satans wrath.gif (3 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
Satans wrath.gif
3 KB, 64x64
>Score a Double Kill with a single spartan laser shot in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).
>>
>>322196025
>The Good
>online multiplayer
>online multiplayer
>online multiplayer
>online multiplayer
>online multiplayer
You already fucked up
>>
>>322198945

I remember getting this from someone hijacking a mongoose from another player.

That was like 8 years ago...

Isnt it weird, the stupid shit we remember?
>>
>>322198240
GRAW right
>>
File: ghzlTos.jpg (180 KB, 442x650) Image search: [Google]
ghzlTos.jpg
180 KB, 442x650
>>322198945
This is actually an example of a good achievement, IMO, it's a hard thing to do that's actually special and rewards playing differently then just doing a checklist.
>>
Multiplayer achievements are just bad, period. Nobody wants a bunch of people idling in a server to farm their cheevos, do that shit on your own time.
>>
>>322199186
The only ways to get it are boosting it or blind luck.
>>
>>322199065
I did it the exact same way, mein niger.
>>
>>322196025
>The Good
>>Play X number of matches

Why the fuck is that good? How the fuck is that an achievement? All you're doing is "playing." The achievement could be "play 200 rounds," and you can LOSE 200 rounds straight, and get the "achievement." This is pure shit, not "good."

>faggot.
>>
Two things make my blood run cold on multiplayer achievements. One is when the multiplayer shut down which makes it impossible to platnium or whatever. The other which I think is worse is get 1000000 kills. Its insane.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.