[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Persona is shit compared to Trails
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
Why the FUCK do people compare this game to Persona?

I never played any of the Persona games, but I did read through a brief explanation of their plots, and I have to say there is simply no comparison.

Persona sounds like some bullshit garbage about people going into televisions with personas and some people turning up dead or whatever. What a bunch of stupid nonsense. It doesn't even come close to comparing to the story of Trails of Cold Steel, and certainly not of the story for the Trails series in general.

Here's a brief explanation, for you Persona plebs who may not know, of why Cold Steel is clearly superior than Persona. Trails of Cold Steel is, at its core, the story of an empire facing an internal conflict between two factions and an imperial family trying to keep it all together by stopping either faction from taking control. In the midst of this conflict simmering beneath the surface, Class VII of the Thors military academy is founded by Prince Oliviert, simultaneously trained to replace the Bracer guild that had been forced out and shown the reality of the state of the divided empire in which they live. These games do not deserve to be compared to the petty pleb-tier bullshit that is the Persona series. Hell, that explanation doesn't even really begin to cover the full depth of the story, but it's still enough to explain why Persona pales in comparison.

It also doesn't include the overarching Trails storyline, which began with the Trails in the Sky games, regarding the secret society of Ouborous that is manipulating all of these events behind the scenes. Persona doesn't even compare with the basic idea behind the initial Cold Steel game, never mind Cold Steel II, and never mind the overarching Trails storyline.

Why do people compare these two games? It is an insult to Cold Steel and especially to the Trails games as a whole.
>>
>>322190914
I LOVE ESTELLE
>>
File: trash.gif (3 MB, 250x175) Image search: [Google]
trash.gif
3 MB, 250x175
>>322190914
>I never played any of the Persona games,
>>
>>322190914
I find Cold Steel's story disappointing.

TiTS is still fucking glorious though. I wouldn't compare this to Persona, that's more of a Tokyo Xanadu thing.
>>
>>322190914
I love both series
>>
File: Yu voices every character.png (297 KB, 710x461) Image search: [Google]
Yu voices every character.png
297 KB, 710x461
>>322190914
>I never played any of the Persona games
How can you compare something if you've never experienced it?
>>
File: 1450232779969.jpg (65 KB, 541x651) Image search: [Google]
1450232779969.jpg
65 KB, 541x651
>>322190914
>Why the FUCK do people compare this game to Persona?
>compare it himself

go to bed, kid
>>
Woah son, I like both games but you need to get the fuck out of here, cool off and then try to make a non shitposting thread.
>>
>>322191227
Simple. Because I knew from the start that Persona wasn't worth my time.

Trust me, I've done my research on those games, and not ONCE did I feel it was worth my time to play a single one of them - Even when I was desperately searching for a new game to play.

You think I haven't looked at each of those Persona games to determine whether or not they were worth my time? Hah! I regret to inform you that I have, and they don't come close to the level of Trails.
>>
>>322191451
Good man. Persona is fucking awful.
>>
>>322191451
I'm it trails man myself but you're an idiot to compare something when you haven't experienced it.

Reading about it is not the same as doing it yourself.
>>
File: 2015-12-30-100056.jpg (123 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-30-100056.jpg
123 KB, 960x544
happy new years, fuckers
>>
>>322192293
>you're an idiot to compare something when you haven't experienced it
Not when you know what you're looking for. A pleb-tier game like Persona could never scratch my itch.
>>
Oh look another shitpost thread by the estelle fag.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.