[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Merchants that don't make sense in universe >hunched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: re4-the-merchant.jpg (43 KB, 640x336) Image search: [Google]
re4-the-merchant.jpg
43 KB, 640x336
ITT: Merchants that don't make sense in universe
>hunched over cockney man in an overcoat without enough power to conquer a small African country
>is also a zombie
>>
>>322188456
The real question here is that is there smut of him?
>>
it's implied he's either a los illuminados double agent/ former los illuminados.
>>
A man has to make a living, even if he's a man with a weird bug inside him
>>
File: Smalltime.jpg (159 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Smalltime.jpg
159 KB, 500x500
>>322188456
>doesn't make any sense

And Las Plagas made sense? The giant animatronic midget robot made sense? The Indiana Jones trolley ride made sense?

The merchant had every right to belong, get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>322188530
you know not what you ask
>>
>>322188530
he loves you
>>
>>322188862
>Those shooting galleries in weird places

RE4 was not meant to be taken seriously
>>
>>322188456
My friends and I always called him the Dirt Merchant.
>>
>>322188456
Pretty sure its soft confirmed he had a master Plagas like Saddler or Salazar or Krauser. Hence why he could do whatever he liked and didn't lose control.
>>
>>322188862
Las Plagas didn't make any sense, no, but it at least had explanation and full backstory.

Still no explanation for teleporting cockney hunchback
>>
>>322188604
Where? Besides his obvious Plagas eyes and free will?
>>322188456
>doesn't make any sense
I'll take a weird explanation for a protagonist to get his gear rather than a random "buy/sell screen" in RE5, fuck that shit.
>>
I don't think he was ever really "there".

He's just a non-canon gameplay element.
>>
The merchant is voiced by the same guy as Leon.
>>
>>322190519
noted
>>
>>322190409

he's one step ahead. i mean if you want to make sense of him and not the rest of the game then you're barking up the wrong tree. otherwise, that's the explanation. you fight an army with these weapons so he must know where caches are. that's about it. a better explanation is "it's a video game."
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.