[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most immersive game out there? I'm looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
What's the most immersive game out there?
I'm looking in the direction of RPGs, and I gotta admit I have no experience with them at all.

I liked Skyrim, but dislike The Witcher 3 and I can't really say why. Probably because it was easier to get into Skyrim, at least it's targeted at a mainstream audience. I've never played another Witcher before and basically didn't know anything about it's universe.
I'm also not a friend of the controls and it's gameplay (can't go stealthy etc.)

So my question is: are there any really immersive games out there?
Games to get relatively easy in and still provide a good gameplay?
Games with good graphics?
>>
>>322167352
Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>322167448
Thanks! Is it okay to start with Dark Arisen?
>>
>>322167539
Yes, it is an expansion and the Dark Arisen copy includes the original game and the expansion.

This is not an RPG and quite linear but you might enjoy Folklore, I fell in love with game's theme, aesthetic and world. Came from the guys who made the souls series. Just think of Pokemon in a Dark Faerie setting. If you're into JRPGs I know some pretty immersive ones.

Fallout as well but I'm pretty sure you know that already
>>
>>322168108
Thanks, I'm definetely gonna check that out!

I've never played any JRPG before so I can't really tell if I'd like it or not. Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii was the closest I got to that genre.
I'm not a big fan of Anime, so please nothing in that direction.
>>
Mount and Blade Warband. Don't mind the graphics, it's a good game. It's also pretty cheap thanks to the Steam sales. It might not be the type of RPG that you were expecting but it still is one
>>
>>322169126
Gonna check that one out too, thanks!
I've always thought M&B is a strategy game like AoE or Civ.
>>
>>322167352
Wouldn't you never realize you're playing the most immersive game there is?
>>
>>322167352
Goat Simulator
>>
>>322169343

You can order your troops around but that's pretty much the only strategic aspect

If you want to give jRPG's a go try out the Persona games ( if you don't have a Vita or PS2 you can emulate them, start with 3 or 4) and if you enjoyed them start playing the mainline SMT series because by then you'll be able to appreciate it more
>>
>>322167352
Hybrid RPGs may be the place to go. Games like deus ex and VTMB are really immersive.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.