[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What game is the equivalent of Calvin Ball?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: calvinball-1.jpg (189 KB, 800x996) Image search: [Google]
calvinball-1.jpg
189 KB, 800x996
What game is the equivalent of Calvin Ball?
>>
Eternal Sonata
>>
I remember playing Calvinball with my middle school friends

Shit was fun as fuck, we had no idea what was going on, but it was rad

I remember playing soccer with hockey sticks while riding on skateboards while playing it

I miss my friends
>>
>>322151976
Since you didn't say "video game", 1000 Blank White Cards. It's brilliant with the right group of people.
>>
>>322152825
Never heard of this game, explain
>>
>>322152984
You sit in a circle and suck dick you fucking NERD
>>
>>322152984
Protip: If you can fucking Google it, fucking Google it
>>
File: trove-screenshot.jpg (133 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
trove-screenshot.jpg
133 KB, 1500x1000
>>322151976
Trove
>>
>>322151976
lolsorandumbxD humor is cancer
>>
>>322152984
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1000_Blank_White_Cards

Short version is, get a bunch of blank index cards and have everyone make up X amount of cards that do whatever the fuck you want (however many cards you want in the deck, more is obviously better). Then shuffle the deck together along with some extra blank cards and have everyone draw five cards or so. Then you take turns drawing and playing cards. If you draw a blank card, you can opt to make a new one and play it.

It's fucking chaos, but it's all for laughs. It's like Whose Line Is It Anyway? It's all made up and the points don't matter. It's just about being creative and drawing funny pictures, then making your friends do silly things (or ending up being made to do silly things).

It's really a blast. You just have to be with people who aren't creatively retarded.
>>
>>322153356
Last time I played, we had about five different point systems running simultaneously (I remember a "Cool Guy" card, where the current target of the card got "Cool Points" every time he successfully received a high five), monsters that roamed the field causing various effects to whomever they stopped in front of, cards that made the target have to dance for a certain amount of time, the 12/21/2012 card that did absolutely nothing, and so on. It was fucking great.
>>
>>322153202
How the fuck is Trove like Calvin Ball?
>>322153276
I can tell you aren't old enough to know what Calvin and Hobbes is, which is sad because they put them out in those scholastic book handouts they send home with you.
>>
>>322153276
I only play mature games for mature gamers like myself.
>>
File: mgsball.gif (673 KB, 2316x1628) Image search: [Google]
mgsball.gif
673 KB, 2316x1628
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.