[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i bought this game because everyone said it was good I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 41
i bought this game because everyone said it was good

I haven't killed the griffin yet, I'm still running around trying to get all the questions marks in the first area.

Does this game get better? Or should I just drop it.
>>
>>322151472
I got bored when Yennefer showed up and Geralt turned into the biggest cuck in existence.
>>
>>322151472
play the fucking game then
>>
>>322151571
I was already turned off 10 minutes into the game when I saw Yennifer and thought

>"oh wow another aloof 'lol im such a bad bitchh im all that' generic slut like Megan Fox in Transformers or Miranda in Mass Effect" and saw Geralt taking her shit like a puppy dog who's supposed to chase after her like she shits gold bricks and can fly

That trope pisses me off so much, and now he's a cuck? I'm about to chuck this overrated piece of polish garbage out the fucking window.

>>322151657
I just played it 10 minutes ago and turned it off because I got jumped by a pack of 20 dogs.
>>
>>322151472
You're still in the prologue area, you haven't even started the game.
>>
Why are you going after the ?s if you don't enjoy it?... Just do the main story.
>>
>>322151472
>Does this game get better?
What the fuck do you want? The first area is tutorial
>>
>>322151472
Don't get all the quest markers in an area, you're shooting yourself in the foot and it'll make you hate the game. Just progress naturally and pick up what looks interesting. Also turn off points of interest.
>>
>>322152262
cause I want to get them done before I move on why the fuck else
>>
File: 1349327954756.gif (3 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1349327954756.gif
3 MB, 300x168
>>322152334
That's like getting every single coin in Super Mario Bros in every level before you go to the next level. That's some serious OCD, bro.
>>
>>322151472
Quit now, you're not an RPG person.

So don't even bother.
>>
You should focus on doing everything, I guess? It does get better after you complete the monotonous task of getting to all the question marks.

ciri best grl
>>
File: 1440005346611.png (432 KB, 610x885) Image search: [Google]
1440005346611.png
432 KB, 610x885
>>322151472
>Does this game get better
Fucking hell, im all for people playing the best games of the year and in this case this is the best. But, you should probably just drop it, clearly youre retarded.
>>
>>322151571

My Geralt fucked every woman in the game. He doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>322152807
>>322152334
Don't do all the fucking question marks! Turn them off and explore, at least after you get o Velen. If you grind all the POIs in Velen and Skellige you're going to be bored out of your fucking skull. This is the main reason the game shouldn't have been so large, all the POIs are useless as fuck.
>>
>>322152525
no it isn't and you damn well know it
>>
I've been here for 8 years
8 fucking years
and I still can't tell the difference between a troll thread and actual, living breathing pathetic humans who are bad at video games.
>>
Finally forced myself to finish it, wasn't at all gratifying.

The main quest line story itself doesn't carry enough weight on it's own, so you're forced to do a bunch of side shit and expected to be impressed by the side quests.

Only thing is most of the side quests are repetitive and the rewards are awful, there's like 5 quests in the entire game that are kinda interesting but have jack shit to do with the main storyline.

omg guys we have to go find Ciri NOW!.... but first lets do all this menial shit that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

You find ciri after like 50 hours and do all of like 1 quest with her then the game ends.

6/10
>>
>>322152334
You sound like an autist. Generally, autists should stay away from superior open world games. The two just don't mix well together.
>>
>>322152525
No it isn't, not even close.

>>322152627
I've been playing RPGs since you were in grade school

>>322152935
>You're not ALLOWED to NOT like this game XDDD
Is this more elitist circle jerking like with Dark Souls.

>>322153019
Finally some decent advise. Shouldnt I get the power stones ability points though?

>>322153221
I think someone who spent 8 years of their life on 4chan who still doesn't know how to use critical thinking and logic the deduce whether someone is serious or not and who thinks video games are a skill you can "be good at" is even more pathetic.

>>322153294
>lol YOU HAVE A NEURO DEVELOPMENTAL DISORDER SO YO UCANT PLAY THIS GAME XDD

Nice.
>>
>>322153574
>critical thinking and logic
Poe's law you gigantic pseudointellectual faggot
>>
File: NSFW.gif (1 MB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
NSFW.gif
1 MB, 500x270
>>322153574
I never said youre not allowed to like it retard. But clearly youre making an effort not to, so I suggested fucking put the game down and move on to other games instead dipshit. Did you even read and comprehend? Did you even school Tyrone?
>>
>>322153574
My point of calling you an autist is that your approach is completely wrong. Open world games are not meant to be played by turning everything into a checklist grind. You should be disabling any HUD aspects not completely essential to playing the game, and roaming on your own, seeking adventure at your own pace. More importantly you should be enjoying the adventuring part of it, not the achievement part of it.
>>
i really like how you can scare people in this game by snapping your fingers with a bit of magic effects in their face.
>>
>>322153284

>The main quest line story itself doesn't carry enough weight on it's own

Probably because you didn't play the first two games in the series
>>
>>322154050
>You should be disabling any HUD aspects not completely essential to playing the game, and roaming on your own

Holy shit, this. Disable the GPS system geralt has installed in his brain because it really ruins the scope of the gameworld.
>>
>>322151472
It gets better the second you kill the griffin
>>
>>322153574
>I've been playing RPGs since you were in grade school
Well, somehow I do not believe you given your extreme ignorance.

Generally if someone has been playing RPGs since the early-mid 90s, we have more patience towards games than what you are expressing with your whole "I JUST STARTED THE TUTORIAL AND I'M BORED URRRRRRGGH" attitude.

So clearly you aren't an RPG person as Witcher 3 isn't even as much of an RPG as games that came before it.
>>
>>322153936
>muh reddity law of the internet xDDD

More like aspergers. You're no different from the hordes of dull retards who watch Caseytron and BrittanyVenti videos and actually think they're being serious. Deal with it. You lack critical thinking and you can't detect emotions, so you have aspergers or you're just that retarded.

>>322154027
I bought the FUCKING game dude. I spent $60 fucking dollars I could spend on 4 12 packs of monster energy drinks or some other expensive shit. Why would I make an effort to NOT like something I spent my own fucking money on? You think I'm just trolling xdDDD? I'm not faggot. I'm pissed because I heard this game was good and it's fucking not and now I have a 60 dollar piece of fucking shit sitting in my PS4 I only got a few hours of enjoyment out of.

>>322154050
Dude. by going to the POI markers and finding the spy in the swamp or wiping a bandit lair I'm ADVENTURING. There is literally nothing in between but grass and trees and wolves and you're telling me to turn off the GPS?

>>322154264
You can do that in Skyrim too, but if anyone dared to say "I like skyrim" there would be 500 15 year olds pouncing on him because /v/ works by having sacred cows you're not allowed to not like and desginated shit-games you're not allowed to like no matter what.

>>322154709
What are you even saying? Do you really talk like that? You're acting pretentious and using words you don't even know. You sound like that fat 12 year old from the "It's a meme you dip!" video.
>>
>>322154928
>I spent $60 fucking dollars I could spend on 4 12 packs of monster energy drinks or some other expensive shit.

haha wow, this is your gauge of value? hows the trailer park, fatty?
>>
Music, setting and environment are exceptional.
Combat is hit and miss. Hit detection is...strange, especially when human enemies get involved.
LOTS of fetching but sometimes just wandering the world makes it good.

Screw Triss and Yen, fuck whores at the Passiflora.
>>
>>322155180
You're either a woman or some tranny/faggot or some /fit/ normie if you're gonna make fun of me for drinking monster energy drinks or being fat (I'm not)

So either way, you can go fuck yourself stupid normie.
>>
>>322154709
>This ARPG isn't like an RPG
That's the fucking problem you mongoloid, W3 isn't even a fucking RPG anymore so trying to argue that "hurrrr if you liek rpg u shud be patient!" is fucking retarded because that logic works in an RPG because you have other things like immersion and roleplaying to alleviate the drag of bad mechanics and shit, which W3 doesn't even have because it's not a fucking RPG, unless we're going to count reading a book or watching a movie as "roleplaying" now.
>>
>>322155354
>trying this hard
Thanks OP I had a giggle but I'm bored now
Kill yourself and I might be interested and give you more (you)s
>>
>>322154928
>Dude. by going to the POI markers and finding the spy in the swamp or wiping a bandit lair I'm ADVENTURING. There is literally nothing in between but grass and trees and wolves and you're telling me to turn off the GPS?
That's adventuring for plebs. Not knowing what's ahead is a HUGE part of a good adventure. Following markers and HUD indicators is nullifying that aspect of the game and just turning it into a checklist grind.
>>
>>322155354

fine by me, youre the one who drinks chemical waste and considers its valuable.
>>
>>322154928
>What are you even saying? Do you really talk like that? You're acting pretentious and using words you don't even know. You sound like that fat 12 year old from the "It's a meme you dip!" video.
>Use basic English
>Too pretentious and complex

I mean, look I know standards for spelling and grammar are lower these days but jesus christ it's not like I'm saying anything complicated, how uneducated are you?

Rather than discuss my point you chose to go to insults, so I assume very uneducated and probably young on top of that, so I guess this whole thread is just bait then and not for discussion.

I'm sorry for attempting to talk to you like a normal human being. That was an overestimation on my part, my mistake.
>>
>>322155337
>Music, setting and environment are exceptional.
I haven't heard any exceptional music. The setting and environment are a generic medieval fantasy land, I like the few eastern european oriental touches instead of the generic plate armor and dragons which is nice for a change
>Combat is hit and miss. Hit detection is...strange, especially when human enemies get involved.
Hit and miss? That makes sense because the combat feels like trying to fist fight in GTA San Andreas
>LOTS of fetching but sometimes just wandering the world makes it good.
can't argue with this

>>322155554
"Trying this hard" what does that even supposed to mean? I'm not even bothering to spell check my posts dude.

>>322155571
The map is already shown. This isn't morrowind where you just pick a direction and walk. I'm not going to waste my time trotting the 10 miles of environment in between point A and point B when I could just take the road.

>>322155640
Yeah cool. Go eat some ancient grain bread and %100 fair trade organic mongolian beans and watch a motivational video and leave me alone.

>>322155702
You're talking like a James Bond villain and you're not even aware of it dude. That's some aspergers right there.
>>
File: 1449677826911.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1449677826911.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>322154928
>I spent $60
When did you buy it? Because its much cheaper now everywhere.
>Why would I make an effort to NOT like something I spent my own money on?
Because as I said, youre retarded
>You think I'm just trolling xdDDD?
No, I absolutely believe you are this retarded
I'm pissed because I heard this game was good and it's fucking not
Fucking 90s on metacritic, user score is at 9 and 8.9 for console, GOTYs left and right...
> I have a 60 dollar piece of fucking shit sitting in my PS4
Then sell it to gamestop and get something out of it at least? Buyers remorse is a thing
>I only got a few hours of enjoyment out of
>Im still in the tutorial area herp derp does this game get good?
>Game is shit
>Being this retarded
Fucking Tyrone.
>>
>>322156191
Well. All you did was call me rude names and suggest that I take major video game review sites seriously and *actually* go to gamestop to sell a game some I'm going to assume you're trolling and not this stupid.

>Im still in the tutorial area herp derp does this game get good?

That little part at the fort where you run around with that ugly midget girl is the tutorial era dumbass.
>>
>>322156172
>I'm not going to waste my time trotting the 10 miles of environment in between point A and point B when I could just take the road.
And this is why open world games aren't for you. You don't really enjoy what they're about.
>>
File: fuck off.jpg (45 KB, 300x303) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.jpg
45 KB, 300x303
>>322156719
All I did was tell you the truth and offered sensible advice. The sad thing is that for you, I dont have to assume anything, I just know you are really this retarded Tyrone.
Oh, and White Orchard is still tutorial...
>>
>>322157407
dude? can you read? The map is already shown. This isn't morrowind where you just pick a direction and walk. I LIKE open world games, I played morrowind on the fucking XBOX because I didn't know shit about PCs back then. Shit. I like Skyrim and even Skyrim only marks out the major cities not fucking EVERYTHING.

>>322157506
telling me to take major game journalist reviews seriously, telling me to get ripped off at gamestop, telling me that that the fort where they teach you the controls isn't the tutorial isn't "sensible" advice, it's not even fucking advice, it's fucking insane rambling and you probably have schizophrenia.
>>
File: cuckholded.jpg (374 KB, 1442x968) Image search: [Google]
cuckholded.jpg
374 KB, 1442x968
>>322152991
But you end the game alone if you do that
>>
>>322157773
What does it matter that the map is already shown? You can turn off the markers on it, or at least all the extras. There is no need to turn the game into a pointless 1, 2, 3 checklist.
>>
>>322157957
I shouldn't have to fuck with the game. I'm playing the game the way it was meant to be played and you're telling me I need turn shit off to enjoy it? The 10/10 reviews never said anything about turning off the map.
>>
File: 1337477178689.png (161 KB, 434x600) Image search: [Google]
1337477178689.png
161 KB, 434x600
Here you go OP, better boot up Call of Duty if this shit is too hard for you to figure out.
>>
>>322151472
Play until you get to The Blood Baron -questline and if you don't like it by then, you should drop it.
>>
>>322158464
wow you must be a pro gamer or something can I have an autograph?

>>322158490
sound good enough
>>
OP, all I can say is play up to the Bloody Baron part of the game and if it doesn't interest you then quit. The game doesn't seem to be your type of game and you don't seem to be enjoying it.
>>
File: Congratulations.jpg (12 KB, 375x165) Image search: [Google]
Congratulations.jpg
12 KB, 375x165
>>322157773
Do you even know what metacritic is? Its a review aggregation site that takes in count reviews of various outlets, not just IGN and what not. Moreover, it allows for people to give the game their opinion and aggregates that. You could take to youtube if you want, same results either way. Do I have to spell out the point for you even more? Yes? Well of course I do but, tough luck Tyrone, use youre brain and figure this out.
And the suggestion to take it to gamestop was merely that, a suggestion, you can choose to sell it wherever you want. The point wasnt even to sell it, fucking retard, again, figure it out.
>Limited area in the prologue that further teaches you about game mechanics before heading unto the meat of the game
>Not tutorial
How do you even exist Tyrone?
>>
>>322158259
Reviews are generally written by paid shills and faggots that barely enjoy games, you should know this.

Why is using options that the developers included in their game equal to "fucking with the game" ? How is it "the way it was meant to be played" if it's an option? Being the default option doesn't make it this. It just means that the devs know the majority of players are casual.
>>
>>322158816
Thats the only quest I hated. It was too long and baron was a whiny faggot
>>
>>322159501
Legitimately shitty opinion
>>
>>322159609
Well the ciri parts were good
>>
>>322159742
I think most people hated them. I wanted more, personally.
>>
>>322159742
Baron's character is really good because he starts out as a shit tier scumbag, but as you learn more of what was going on you sympathize with him. One of the best grey morality characters I've seen in games.
>>
>>322151571
Yeah that's actually when I dropped the game too.

I was playing the game off TW2 hype but now the game wants me to chase after all these characters I don't give a fuck about because i'm not a bookfag.
>>
>>322159189
You talk like a faggot and you keep saying "Tyrone" like that's an insult or something when you could just say "nigger".

Anyways I'm ignoring you now.

>>322159294
I know that reviews are bullshit read the thread.
>>
File: 1411492673414.jpg (43 KB, 640x398) Image search: [Google]
1411492673414.jpg
43 KB, 640x398
Not OP but I agree with you. A lot of people are bitching about you being bored with the first couple of hours but honestly that's a flaw with the game, the opening sucks. I was pretty instantly interested with the plot of TW2 within the first hour I started playing it, I got like 4 hours into TW3 before taking a break and I still haven't been motivated to play it again weeks later.
>>
>>322151989
You do know there's a reason why Geralt is drawn towards Yennefer and vice versa?
And Geralt is as much a cuck as 4chan understands the English language.
>>
File: 1402502549104.gif (2 MB, 230x175) Image search: [Google]
1402502549104.gif
2 MB, 230x175
>>322160004
>You talk like a faggot
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy lmao
>Anyways, I'm ignoring you now.
Of course you are. Like any retard would when faced with logic and reason and not having their narrative not take off. Hope you never enjoy TW3.
Have yourself a happy new years Tyrone.
>>
>>322160382
if there's a reason why geralt acts like such a simp around her then please I'm all ears.

>>322160634
Nice tumblr meme, super funny. bye bye.
>>
>>322156172
>You're talking like a James Bond villain and you're not even aware of it dude. That's some aspergers right there.
I'm not even that guy but damn son, he's talking like a normal adult would where i come from.

Pretty sure this just isn't the game for you man, you have approached the tutorial like a checklist and it's turned into a grind for you so once the game opens up (after killing the griffin) you'll just find it a bigger bore and grind. It's easily my GOTY but i'd suggest you just drop the game and save yourself from getting shitty at it further.
>>
>>322160789
Not everyone lives in south england, or a volcanic island for that matter faggot.
>>
>>322151472
>actively seeking out the points of interest

Fucking DON'T.

Avoid the open world of this thing like the fucking plague itself. This game has by far the WORST exploration out of every game in existence. I'm not kidding. You will NEVER get rewarded for exploring anything.
>>
File: Set_your_bait.gif (40 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
Set_your_bait.gif
40 KB, 325x325
>>322161189
You really are trying way too hard.
>>
>>322161189
>Not everyone lives in south england, or a volcanic island for that matter faggot.

Im from STRAYA and i'm not even "highly educated" in comparison to some people i know buddy. apparently you're just a fucking idiot. My original post still stands, you clearly don't do this kind of RPG and you wasted your money on a game you should have done more research into. Stay golden dumbass, enjoy those monster energy drinks champ.
>>
>>322161189
The guy's post reads on a grade 9 level of comprehension are you this bad at English?
>>
>>322151472
Stop playing like a fucking autistic and maybe you'll enjoy it
>>
>>322161529
I found Superior Ursine armor, but that shit was like level 30 in a fucking level 6 nekker cave.
>>
>>322161529
probably the best reply I've gotten in the entire thread.

>>322161623
>>322161678
>>322161740
>why doesn't everyone on 4chan use perfect received pronunciation like me ;((( they must be dumb and not as smart as me!!11
>>
>>322161978
>pronunciation in typing
righto m80

You aren't as smart as some people in this thread, you are dumb. Deal with it.
>>
>>322161978
>>
File: jean-reno-780839l.jpg (765 KB, 1012x1375) Image search: [Google]
jean-reno-780839l.jpg
765 KB, 1012x1375
So, i am now finding johnny after doing the botchling stuff.
I have to say the fact that you play GERALT OF RIVIA is both a good and a bad thing.
as a RPG game this game fucking sucks, like fuck you all for saying the combat is fine because the combat barely fucking changes.
>can't be a archer ranger
>can't be sneaking
>can only slightly increase the efficiency of spells
All you do is [cast spell if CD is up] >[block/dodge depending on enemy] > [decide on wether to spam Strong attack or light attack]
No Bow stuff, no sneaking, no other spells all the way through the game.
If this wasn't the case the game would be 9/10.
However now it's a 6/10
also Fuck people calling MGS5 repetetive and Witcher 3 not.
Hell even the weapons you use barely ever fucking change.
it's a fucking telltale game with a sick open world and some combat sequences every now and then.
>>
>>322162214
>>322162261
grammar nazis are the lowest of the low, you're running out of ammo if all you can do is make fun of the way i type
>>
File: 2015-12-31_00016.jpg (475 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-31_00016.jpg
475 KB, 1920x1080
play it for the waifus
>>
>>322162481
It has nothing to do with your spelling. It has to do with how hard you are trying.
>>
>>322161978
>plays a game he doesn't like and complains about why he doesn't like it
>takes reviewers seriously
>whines about being able to remove things from the UI as "not being intended from the devs"
>thinks basic grammar is for the super intelligent people

Yeah, OP is a retard.

>>322162475
Go play Bethesda games then.
>>
>>322162481
I don't need to have ammo champ. You're being a retard all on your own.
>>
>>322162494
I WANT TO FUCK THAT HERBALIST
>>
>>322162654
Well Bethesda games have the shittiest combat and the open world / Story sucks compared to witcher 3
>>
>>322160759

He likes, nay loves her?
And started out their relationship by binding them together by fate throug ha djinn?
Also, a cuck?
These are two 2-300 year olds, yen was implied ot have "cheated" on geralt once in the story - meanwhile we KNOW Geralt plows literally any 16 year old pussy that he finds willing - and a LOT is willing.

This isn't an open relationship where the two people are allowed to fuck around - these are a pair of people who KNOW that theres just no fucking chance of the other person finding anyone worth giving a shit about compared to the other.
triss is like 1/4th of Geralt's age and a naive fucking child.

Yen acts like she is all that, because she is all that by now.
>>
>>322151989
Did you even play the games? Yennefer is the kind of woman that Geralt prefers because she's one of the very few that can control him. Then in W2 Geralt wished for a Djinn to bind them together. They love each other without a choice. Later in the game you can undo this and make Yen cry like a bitch
>>
>>322154928
>You can do that in Skyrim too, but if anyone dared to say "I like skyrim"

The devil and here, the enjoyment is in the details.
In skyim said detail means if you ever cast a spell you'll likely get
>HURR DANGEROUS MAGIC
comments even while you are eating a loaf of bread naked on the street
TW3 is full of attention to detail.
>>
>>322162494
>>322162769

Wut you could fuck her?

Is there really not a plowable succubus in game?
>>
>>322161529

>You will NEVER get rewarded for exploring anything.

When did this become a Fallout 4 thread?
>>
>>322162838
This. I dont know why people think geralt is the cuck in the relationship. While he's been looking for Yen he's fucked tens maybe over 100 women. Yen fucked one guy and she lets Geralt off without so much as a titter. She's the best girl by far.
>>
>>322163056
>in W2

Actually its in the books, and Geralt just wished for their "fates to be intertwined", so they are bound to eachother but nothing actually clear.

For the record Geralt also wished for that Djinn to literally go fuck himself.
>>
>>322163056
what the FUCK are you talking about? yennifer wasn't even mentioned in the first two games
>>
File: 2015-12-31_00008.jpg (494 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-31_00008.jpg
494 KB, 1920x1080
>>322162769
>>322163167

Sadly, no.
>>
>>322162582
>>322162696
since all you have is insults I'm going to ignore you now. bye.

>>322162494
this girl was acting all bitchy and sassy too. Why are videogames designed by such betas? Why is there no option to rape or kill her? I hated how in Farcry 3 you were "rewarded" with sex for sacrificing yourself to that tribal lady. Why can't I just rip her head off? Who the fuck designs this cuck shit?

Now that I know you can have sex with the herbalist slut, next time i play this game I'm gonna see if you can kill her.

>>322162838
okay, great, so it's an analogy for marriage and settling. very romantic

>>322163056
>? Yennefer is the kind of woman that Geralt prefers because she's one of the very few that can control him.

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>322163449
>Why is there no option to rape or kill her?

This is what happens when you open up to a larger fanbase like what CDPR did with TW3, you attract the mongoloids like OP.
>>
File: dreamsCrushed.jpg (773 KB, 1958x1534) Image search: [Google]
dreamsCrushed.jpg
773 KB, 1958x1534
>>322163056
>>
File: 1368522844868.png (92 KB, 360x356) Image search: [Google]
1368522844868.png
92 KB, 360x356
>>322151989
>10 minutes into the game
>Saw Yennifer
>I haven't killed the Griffin yet
>>
File: Vernon Roche.jpg (2 MB, 2400x3000) Image search: [Google]
Vernon Roche.jpg
2 MB, 2400x3000
Does this bro come back though?
>>
>>322163713
yes
>>
File: 1449691658304.gif (469 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1449691658304.gif
469 KB, 480x320
>>322151472
OP, this thread was probably just for the purpose of you making some idiotic shit tier statement about TW3 and hoped people would follow. Instead, most anons rag on you for being a complete fucking dumbass, get a clue. And a life.
>>
>>322163449
>Why is there no option to rape or kill her?
>Why can't I just rip her head off?
All that edge.

>next time i play this game
What? You seem to hate the game why are you going to play it again? Will you create another thread just like this one when you do?
>>
>>322163596
oH SHIT SORRY DID I TRIGGEREDD YOU/?

IM SO SORRY OMG NO TRIGGER SPOILERS RAPE RAPE RPAE
>>
>>322163449

It is.
I personally found game-Yen to be kind of a bitch, but she does fit Geralt's character a LOT more than a basically any other slut in game or the books.

You know, because Geralt is kind of a douche too.
Geralt spent 3 months fucking another sorceress while LITERALLY on the "quest" to save Yennefer who was being tortured all this time.

They deserve eachother and they know it, they outright say their relationship only works because they are never together for long time periods.
>>
>>322163802
Go back to Facebook you faggot normie.

>>322163840
>hurr egggy
W3 is an edgy game where you go around killing shit, and you're saying wanting to kill someone in a video game is edgy? Go fuck yourself.

>>322163854
Oh so they're both edgelord tough guys? Cool. The game is much better with Polish voices but I got tired of not being able to hear what passerby are saying
>>
>>322164131
>edgelord tough guys

Well not nearly as much as you are but yeah.

You are edgy, not W3, you roleplay as a monster hunter hated by humans, trained from youth to protect humans from monster, your ideas of "why cant I kill everyone" fit much better in the drawbook of a 12 year old.
>>
>>322164341
In Morrowind you can kill everyone. Is morrowind for edgy 12 year olds? Go fuck yourself you pompous faggot
>>
>>322164476
>not playing morrowind as a 12 year old for the katanas and shuriken
>>
File: 1435470333643.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1435470333643.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
OP if you really hate the game so much why in the fuck haven't you just returned it at this point instead of bitching about it to everyone who actually enjoyed it.
>>
>>322164660
waiting for someone to actually convince me to play it but all I got was "lol u r retarded troll"

So now I'm about to trash it.
>>
>>322165110

I'm in your boat. I bought the game based on /v/ hype and GOTY alone but havent touched it yet. A lot of negative threads have dissuaded me from even booting it up.
>>
>>322164651
Fucking this. Love me some katana action when i was a kid. Best blade in the world.

>>322164131
W3 isn't an edgy game champ. You play a monster hunter for hire who generally just kills creatures. He kills humans when they try to kill him or if they deserve it like child rapists and such.

And im not saying wanting to kill someone in a game is edgy, im saying that your knee jerk reaction to want to kill everyone because of arbitrary reasons is the edge.
>>
>>322165110
Outstanding OP, youre train on thought and logic are without question impressive. If only I could be as edgy as you one day when I grow up.
>>
>>322165110
Because we gave up on convincing you the second you told us you had the wrong idea.

Don't play the game like a checklist, turn off points of interest, play quest by quest and if you find shit on the way enjoy it for what is it. It's a rewarding game if you allow yourself to get lost in it but if you play it like a chore and grind it's gonna feel like exactly that.
>>
>>322164476

You are not playing morrowind though shithead.

You can eat all the enemies in Pacman so why can't you do it in morrowind?

You are an edgy forever-12year old, this is the problem.
>>
>>322165346
Yeah, I'll never get my money back.

>>322165358
Witcher 3 is an edgy game, stop pretending you can dictate what's edgy or not. anything remotely cool or dark is "edgy" and there's nothing wrong with that.

>>322165446
LOL EDGY OMG SO EDGGYY OMG OMG

"Edgy" is the stupidest meme and anyone who uses it in place of an argument is a retard.

>>322165670
>Don't play the game like a checklist
>play quest by quest

fuck off dude

>>322165705
because pac-man is an arcade game whereas morrowind and witcher are both RPGs you stupid arrogant shit.

>You're an edgy 12 year old xDDD

I'm not 12 years old, and just because I don't pretend to be cool and chill and nonchalant on the internet doesn't make me "edgy". fucking nigger.
>>
>>322151472
Tutorial is the worst part of the game. Griffin is pretty fun, but it gets way better after you start doing some of the bog quests.
>>
>>322165967

RPG doesn't mean
>you make your own blank-slate character and get to do whatever you want

In morrowind you get a blank slate, in the Witcher games you don't, you are roleplaying as geralt, a NEUTRAL monster slayer whos main personality fault is that he KEEPS HELPING PEOPLE. (and he already got killed for it once)

Randomly killing herbalists is about as in-character for him as reading a book is out of character for you.

You are an edgy piece of shit because you are whining about
>WHY ISNT THIS GAME LIKE I WANT IT TO BE
You know who sounds like that? Children and SJWs.
>>
File: Look at this Fag.gif (2 MB, 400x206) Image search: [Google]
Look at this Fag.gif
2 MB, 400x206
>>322165967
But, arguments founded in logic and reason clearly dont work with you. At this point im just ridiculing you for fun, Tyrone....
>>
File: cowboy-590x450.jpg (45 KB, 590x450) Image search: [Google]
cowboy-590x450.jpg
45 KB, 590x450
>>322165967
I was genuinely trying to give you advice. But okay.

When i said play quest by quest that wasn't meant to be taken literally like you're doing in the points of interest checklist way. I meant you have a current quest, while doing it if you stumble on another quest giver and he has something more interesting go do that and come back to other shit later. It's a game you can easily "live" in if you let yourself.
>>
>>322165967
>edgy
Agreed.
Stupid fucking buzzword
>>
>>322166484
Wait for him to call you a weeb faggot. Shouldn't take long.
>>
>>322166307
I'm not role playing geralt I'm controlling him. If I want him to kill a wolf I can do it.
Fuck the "in-character" is repeatedly dropping and picking up an apple from my inventory for an hour "in character"? No, and there is no mystical law that says I can't do that and have to stay in character.
Go. Fuck. Yourself.

>>322166484
Yeah and I have to go to question marks to find quests, like that spy who attacked that cart in the swamp.
>>
>>322166662
So in a game like Arkham Asylam do you get asspained when you can't kill anyone? Because in that you're playing in character as Batman.

>Yeah and I have to go to question marks to find quests, like that spy who attacked that cart in the swamp.
That's not the only way to get quests, the question marks generally aren't quests. You get them from notice boards and townfolk. That's the point of turning the points of interest off. So while on a witcher contract you might stumble across said spy instead of seeking him out.
>>
>>322167078
I don't play superhero games because I'm not black or an SJW , or a 12 year old for that matter. so fuck you.
>>
>>322167246
Completely missed the point, I dont play Batman either yet I'm aware he doesnt kill. You're just a fucking mong. Thread over.
>>
>>322167246
So i perfectly countered your argument with a reasonable anecdote and you respond like this. I can see why you don't like this game champ.
>>
>>322167325
I don't get angry when I can't kill people in Hot Shot's Gold either, what's your point "mong".

>>322167405
geralt isn't a superhero
>>
>mfw I finished TW3 today and enjoyed it thoroughly
Slows down a bit towards the end of the game, but still good. Velen > Skellige > Novigrad
>>
>>322167246
when people call you 12 it's cause you sound and act like one not because you actually are one. You just aren't that mature or mature sounding.
>>
File: 1288392816347.jpg (38 KB, 217x278) Image search: [Google]
1288392816347.jpg
38 KB, 217x278
>>322167517
And I forgot my face.
>>
>>322167565
Well! I'm sorry I don't pretend to be mature on the internet. I guess you need to be a pretentious poof to be taken seriously on /v/. Now I know!
>>
>>322166662
How fucking stupid are you, Jesus Christ.
You are role-playing a predefined character, you're given options to role play as that character and those options are chosen for you according to what the character would possibly do in those situations.
>>
File: 1451607550737.jpg (74 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1451607550737.jpg
74 KB, 720x960
>>322166662
>I'm not role playing geralt I'm controlling him.

Lol jesus this is just sad, are there people out there that are literally this retarded?
>>
>>322168026
No I'm not. I'm not role playing as John Martson or Geralt or who the fuck ever. I'm playing a video game not Dungeons and Dragons.

>>322168062
>lol u r dummm

COOL
>>
Everyone ready for the inevitable "lol I was just pretending to be retarded xDDD" post?
>>
>>322167740
well if you aren't mature and don't intend on pretending then don't expect to be liked here. Not hating on you btw.
>>
>>322168162
You playing Witcher 3 means you're roleplaying Geralt, whether you like it or not, you stupid fuck.
You don't have to commit to the roleplay but you're still roleplaying.
>>
File: 2015-12-30_00005.jpg (408 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-30_00005.jpg
408 KB, 1920x1080
posting more lewds
>>
File: 1425086919614.png (294 KB, 407x429) Image search: [Google]
1425086919614.png
294 KB, 407x429
>>322168162

You clearly don't understand and that's fine anon you're still special in my heart
>>
I wish the series stayed good.
>>
>>322168258
never going to happen because I'm 100% serious.

>>322168267
It's just the reddit influence. Everyone is acting like this is reddit and you have usernames so you have to try really hard to pretend to be nice for goodboy points or pretend to be cool and chill and nonchalant to protect your identity.

Fucking idiots man.

>>322168406
No it doesn't. I'm not consciously role playing him. I'm just watching him and his stupid story. It's just a video game the amount of control I have over him is very little.

>>322168631

okay
>>
>>322168762
Your wish is granted
>>
>>322168806
No, it's not. It's too late now.
>>
>>322168780
You play the role of Geralt of Rivia in his quest to find his daughter Cirilla.
Either way, you can't kill everyone in the world because Geralt wouldn't, no matter how much your edgy ass wanted to.
>>
>>322168887
Witcher 3 was good though.
Not perfect but most certainly the best game of 2015.
>>
>>322169282
It wasn't, though.
>>
>>322169318
Okay then.
>>
>>322169282
As an overall package and in detail and quality I'd say it was GOTY. Never played Bloodborne but judging from how hard everyone jerks it off for having the best gameplay of the year it is probably there too.
>>
>>322169139
No I'm not. I'm observing Geralt of Rivia in his quest to find his daughter Cirilla.

>Either way, you can't kill everyone in the world because Geralt wouldn't, no matter how much your edgy ass wanted to.

John Marston wouldn't do that, but there's nothing stopping me from making him do that, aside from the fact there are protected NPCs and people respawn.

>edgy
there's that word again
>>
File: 544654564.png (377 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
544654564.png
377 KB, 500x500
hi im gay
>>
>>322169631
Once again you clearly have no idea what rpgs are and how they work, but its ok anon we still love you
>>
>>322169859
unless I can make my own character to self insert as, I'm not playing an RPG, I'm watching a glorified movie. deal with it.
>>
>>322167494
>geralt isn't a superhero
you completely missed my point. Batman, pre-defined character who doesn't kill, so you can't kill people in the games where you play as him.
Geralt, also a pre-defined character who doesn't mindlessly kill anyone he chooses. So in his games you can't kill everyone you want. Much like he's not gay so he doesn't fuck dudes.

Just because the game is labeled "RPG" doesn't mean you have ultimate freedom to play the way you want. You are in the role of Geralt, a pre-defined character in a pre-defined world where you as the player make choices along the way AS Geralt. Not as you pretending to be Geralt.

The game isn't for you, and technically the game is rate for 18+ so you shouldn't be playing such things anyway young man,
>>
>>322170265
yeah it's not an RPG then. Dragon Age:Origins is an RPG. W3 is just a glorified movie like Red Dead Redemption and you need to understand that.

Also, I'm not underaged, stop assuming I am.
>>
>>322170103
No that's not what rpgs are but its ok anon,

we
still
love
you
>>
>>322170485
I'm not role playing as geralt and I'm not required to. Unless you can prove otherwise you can stop posting.
>>
>>322170103
>>322170453
>unless I can make my own character to self insert as, I'm not playing an RPG, I'm watching a glorified movie. deal with it.
All my wats. Even as Final fantasy 1 you aren't a self insert. Are you saying that game isn't an RPG? I mean it literally stands for Role Playing Game. That doesn't dictate you MUST be a self insert, it simple means you are taking on a certain role in a certain world and it's up to the developers and game as to what role that is. Fuck you're stupid.
>Final Fantasy 10 you play as Tidus. Guys, this isnt a RPG.
>Deus Ex, guys you are Adam Jensen, this isn't a RPG either.

By your logicthe only games that are actual RPGs are shit like Bioware games, Bethesda Games and trip like that. And it's safe to assume you're a child because you're acting like one.
>>
>>322170720
OP is clearly too dense to understand any reason, don't bother.
>>
>>322170720
mute characters you completely design yourself are basically a self insert. Sorry bro, deal with it.

>By your logicthe only games that are actual RPGs are shit like Bioware games, Bethesda Games and trip like that. And it's safe to assume you're a child because you're acting like one.

Yeah they are pretty much the only role playing games. In role playing you make up your own story and design your own character and make his choices/decide his background etc.

In Witcher 3 I'm just controlling Geralt and observing his own story.

>>322171017
Who are you? His dickrider? fuck off retard.
>>
>>322171078
>make up your own story
In those games you JUST AGREED to being your idea of RPG you dont get to make your own story, you follow the story of sharpard in mass effect trying to stop the reapers. You dont get to just fuck off into the galaxy and forge your own narrative like you so claim true RPGs should let you. You just shot yourself in the foot champ.

You're a fucking asspained gaylord and you can't deal with it. I'll bet you wanted to play as a female geralt and ride a my little pony character instead of Roach.

TW3 is a role playing game pure and simple. you keep on living in this delusional world champ. We'll keep enjoying great games and being older than 12.

And for the record >>322171017 < this guy and me are in cahoots. Watch out bro. We may steal your lunch money.
>>
>>322163662
>i have made a mistake
>>
Can I tell both Triss and Yennefer to fuck off?
>>
>>322171831
Yes
>>
>>322171552
Witcher isn't an RPG, plain and simple. Are you familiar with D&D? D&D is role playing. Witcher is just another Interactive Movie the game industry shat out.

Tip for life: If your character talks it's not an RPG. Deal with it.

Skyrim is an RPG, Witcher isn't.
>>
>>322172272
Uhh All characters in bioware games talk though? you just agreed bioware games are RPG's You're crazy levels of dumb champ.
>>
>>322172404
Your character doesn't talk in DA:O though, and that's what counts.
>>
>>322151472
>last year's GOTY was dragon age inquisition
>bought it cause of that
>most boring game i have played
>only played about 1 hour
>wasted 40 dollars
I wanna buy witcher 3 but i know there's a chance it'll dissappoint me again.
>>
>>322172471
All this backpeddling. True sign of a 12 year old and a sure case of the dumbs.
>>
>>322172567
Don't do it. I'm covinced there hasn't been a single good game released since 2011-2012.

GTAV was good but that's it.

>>322172667
I'm not backpedaling, I'm pointing something out. Also stop calling me 12.
>>
>>322172779
>GTAV was good
Opinion trashed.
>>
>>322172272
lol
>>
>>322172861
Thanks for letting me know. Now I'm insecure what anonymous thinks of my video game taste ;(
>>
>>322172779
But it is backpeddling, You first said bioware games are RPGs then said if the character talks its not an RPG? Also said mute characters are pretty much self inserts which are RPGs but then said anything where you dont get to make your own story isnt a RPG? And DA:O makes you follow a set story like the mass effect games but apparently thats a RPG and mass effect isnt?

And prive to me you aren't 12 and i'll stop. Because you're acting like one.
>>
File: ciri is displeased.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ciri is displeased.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>322168556
DELETE THIS

Ciri is not for sexual
>>
>>322151472
It was ok to great for me during the prologue, griffin fight was a low-point IMO, but starting from Velen it kept getting better and better. My fav game in a long long while
>>
>>322172990
FUCK. OFF. you stupid fucking normie piece of shit.

>>322173117
By Bioware games I meant Dragon Age: Origins. Not back pedaling. I'm not 12 either. 12 year olds have never playeD DAO
>>
>>322173518
>12 year olds have never playeD DAO
Evidence to the contrary, twelvie.
>>
File: witchers when will they learn.jpg (809 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witchers when will they learn.jpg
809 KB, 1920x1080
>6'1''
>5'11''
>>
>>322173518
Aren't you bored yet?
>>
>>322151571
Same. I got bored at the griffin fight, picked out my outfit at the castle and haven't played in a while.
>>
I got to Velen and dropped it. Tried to pick it up earlier today but it Just doesn't work.

Also happy New Year you cheeky bastards
>>
File: 1056.gif (772 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1056.gif
772 KB, 250x200
>>322173937
Happy new year.
>>
File: manlet.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
manlet.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>322173673
MANLET ALERT
>>
>>322174417
Holy fuck that looks like it would be painful to heal. Jesus.
>>
File: DR PAVEL.jpg (73 KB, 359x525) Image search: [Google]
DR PAVEL.jpg
73 KB, 359x525
>>322174874
don't worry, he'll become a big guy
>>
>>322174941
Im comfy being 6'1 I know some tall cunts though but never feel small. Shit's great.
>>
>>322173632
I'm not 12 I'm 19.

>>322173707
I'm never bored of calling normie faggots what they fucking normie faggot. And since you listen to Lily Allen I can only assume you're a woman so go fuck yourself you dirty worthless whore.
>>
>>322173707
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>322175249
you can't pretend to be me you stupid dumb whore
>>
>>322175203
>19 - 7 = 12
Sounds about right.
>>
>>322174941
maybe for you but it doesn't look like its worth it.
>>
>>322153284
The entire point of Geralt is to hunt monsters and get paid for it.
>>
File: 1451394687856.jpg (33 KB, 599x336) Image search: [Google]
1451394687856.jpg
33 KB, 599x336
>>322175203
epic
>>
File: 1449325935802.jpg (900 KB, 1528x964) Image search: [Google]
1449325935802.jpg
900 KB, 1528x964
>>322174941
>>
File: ciriDecor.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ciriDecor.jpg
307 KB, 1920x1080
>>322168556
Nice, which outfit is that for Ciri?
>>
I still don't understand how this game beat Bloodborne for GOTY. It has good graphics and the environment looks great but the actual gameplay is subpar. Bloodborne blows the Witcher out of the water in terms of combat.
Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.