[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason to get a HD CRT?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: forceawakesbb8.jpg (36 KB, 599x384) Image search: [Google]
forceawakesbb8.jpg
36 KB, 599x384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH7xrFM9re4
This guy says they have better depth
>>
No, there really isn't.

The thing about CRTs is, on the whole, they are massively inferior in every way to what we have now.

I, personally, wouldn't dare play a video game from the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era or before without one, but outside of that, just for general use, or modern gaming, a modern, high quality LED blows it out of the water in every way.
>>
>>322151519
>high quality LED blows it out of the water in every way
even the blacks?
>>
>>322152229
No, but you got the option of OLED today or second-hand plasma.
>>
>>322151126
The guy starts the video off saying how the CRT is so nostalgic to him. That right there should tell you what type of video this is. It's not a technical analysis or objective comparison. Half the video is him just listing old movies he thinks look better on them. He has a point about the resolution, except there are plenty of TVs that surpass 1080 x 1440 now. Typcial /vr/ nostalgiafag if you ask me.
>>
get a nice 2560x1440 120hz+ monitor with ULMB

gives pretty much all the advantages CRT has over other LED monitors as far as gaming is concerned
>>
>>322151126
yes if you're going to be watching films. you would have to be literally retarded to buy a CRT for video games
>>
>>322153537
Except for, you know, the thousands of video games that were made specifically for CRTs.
>>
>>322153723
than get a monitor
>>
>>322153769
What's the difference? Why not get one that is good for both movies and games?
>>
File: 623423423423.jpg (42 KB, 294x258) Image search: [Google]
623423423423.jpg
42 KB, 294x258
>>322151126
>Playing games in 640x480
>Without losing quality
>Muh silky smooth 60fps never has been closer
>>
>>322151126
CRTs have always had the advantage of being able to display all the colors in the sRGB gamut. Even top end professional LEDs cannot to this day display all the colors in sRGB.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.