[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the verdict on Dying Light?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: file.png (389 KB, 612x357) Image search: [Google]
file.png
389 KB, 612x357
What was the verdict on Dying Light?
>>
>>322140096

GOTY 2015. Only thing that didn't somehow manage to disappointment in 1 way or another.
>>
>>322140096
Two games from Poland this year, both are good.
>>
>>322140096
a shitton of fun. great mechanics, forumulaic but engaging story/world building (side missions with good story elements), and a shitton of love put into the game (tons of polish, tons of easter eggs, lots and lots small touches put into the world like impressive murals randomly dispersed in the city)
>>
>>322140713
forgot to add: midway through the game you get a gadget that completely changes the mechanics of the game. the game would have been fine with out, but the addition was really mindblowing and adds a shitton of additional fun factor to the game
>>
Great game
Poor boss fight
>>
Glitch and fun :)
>>
>>322140096
miles above dead island
fun gameplay but pretty shitty story and boss fights
>>
Fun gameplay
Poor story and terrible final boss
Dead Island + Mirror's Edge
>>
>>322140096
boring shit
identical to dead island but jumped on the parkour bandwagon too late
>>
Decent, better than dead island.
>>
>>322140096
i wish the MC was a mute

other than that im liking it

defs worth the 20$
>>
Really really good. Fun to play, story is passable, last boss fight sucks major ass and isvthr only bad part about the game.
Seriously though it felt amazing to just run around and play the game.
Also huge expansion upcoming afaik
>>
>>322141794

>jumped on the parkour bandwagon too late

What bandwagon? Besides Mirror's Edge (which did it right) Brink (which did it not that well) and AssCreed (which barely counts) what other games besides them and Dying Light are there?
>>
Fun gameplay, HORRIBLE story, lots of missed potential with bosses.
The mission directly before the final one was the best shit in entire game. It's like devs woke up and decided to make the most fun shit possible, with you trying to climb a giant structure in a middle of rain and while being surrounded by strongest zombies.
>>
>>322142173
I know right?
Then the last mission comes along and is the worst in the entire game.
>>
I loved it, which I was not expecting to. Got 60 hours out of it. Some of the side stuff did get a bit tedious and the final mission drags on way too long though.
>>
>>322142258
Last mission itself was fine and even fun. But last fucking boss shat the bed completely by being a qte.
>>
File: 74216.jpg (112 KB, 952x475) Image search: [Google]
74216.jpg
112 KB, 952x475
>regular looking doors lead into elevators

dropped
>>
Dead Island 3 Electric Parkour Boogaloo edition.

Meaning the weapons system sucks because they melt like butter.
>>
>>322141794
what "bandwagon" you fuckin meme spouting club feet jew nose faggot
>>
>>322142458
>3
Where's 2?
>>
>>322142456

Those are elevator doors. Normally found in small old residential buildings.
>>
I loved this game's soundtrack, it's understated and atmospheric. I wish night time was as scary throughout the game as the first time you experience it though.
>>
>>322142704
Elevator doors do not have door knobs, guy
>>
>>322142579
Seemingly never coming out. They announced it years ago and then nothing ever since. I forgot about it entirely until I saw the Steam page for it yesterday actually. Can't imagine it'll be good if it ever gets released, this amount of time without hearing about it screams development hell.
>>
>>322142850

Maybe not in your building. The elevator where I live is literally the same except the knob is on the other side.
>>
>>322142456
cry more
>>
>>322143006
How does that work? Where do you live?
>>
>>322140920
I don't understand why was the final boss fight a qte. I mean the game even had minibosses and bosses.
>>
>>322142456
I was more distracted by the god awful reflections on every shiny surface, especially in the tower, showing the view outside outside.
>>
>>322142456
In shitty old building it's like that

source : i lived in a old shitty building with elevators like that.
>>
File: Warframe Ivara.jpg (400 KB, 737x837) Image search: [Google]
Warframe Ivara.jpg
400 KB, 737x837
I plan on getting it, what is this gadget and what does it change?
>>
>>322143267
Yeah and with plenty of mechanics to master as you played the game it's weird that it wasn't a fight at all, just a fucking QTE. Same shit in Mordor pissed me the fuck off.
>>
>>322140096
It's alright. Not worth 20$
>>
>>322143361
grappling hook, makes you feel like spiderman
>>
>>322143267
>the game had minibosses and bosses

Not it didn't.
>>
i bought it, played it, hated it, and refunded it. :^)
>>
>>322143138
Older buildings sometimes have elevators with swinging doors

Strange but true
>>
File: 1417199371697.jpg (28 KB, 499x500) Image search: [Google]
1417199371697.jpg
28 KB, 499x500
>>322143516
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4WtR6tY2u4
>>
How is looting shit compared to Dead Island? Still a grind?
>>
>>322143138
prolly europe. I've seen shit like this on some of my travels.
>>
It's surprisingly good. Very fun to co-op.

I actually kind of liked the Dead Island games in a so bad fun with friends way, so I didn't expect much but more of the same. I was shocked at how fun the melee still is and that they implemented this awesome parkour system.

Really the parkour makes the game, I think. It's the best I've seen since Mirror's Edge, and it's probably better actually.
>>
>>322143595
I've never seen that before. I've seen the old metal gate style but never a regular ass door. Seems dangerous as all hell.
>>
>>322143693
Everything about this game is vastly better than Dead Island, a game I couldn't stand.
>>
>>322143559
"kool" (cool)
>>
>>322143559
What reason did you give? I'm going to do the same.
>>
>>322143982

i just said the game wasn't fun whatsoever and i was really disappointed.
>>
>>322143138
It works like a fucking normal door. Lift goes up, door is locked, lift comes down door unlocks.

And get this - people in other countries speak different languages as well. Amazing, right?
>>
My favorite part of Dead Island was exploring and going around that zombie filled city. I'm guessing I'll really enjoy this game, right?
>>
>>322144242
pls tell me more
>>
>>322140096
Bought it at full price

Christ, what a mistake
>>
>>322143982
badly optimized (because it is)
>>
The game is really fun but those side quests are some of the most boring, lazy nonsensical quests I've ever seen. Literally everything is a dumb fetch quest.
>>
File: 1447170832908.jpg (17 KB, 230x325) Image search: [Google]
1447170832908.jpg
17 KB, 230x325
This game is really poorly optimized. I'm still tinkering around the settings to find out how pretty can I get the game to be while staying 60 FPS and it's proving to be a challenge
>>
>>322140096

piece of shit
>>
File: dyinglight.png (60 KB, 934x784) Image search: [Google]
dyinglight.png
60 KB, 934x784
>can't turn off chromatic aberration

thanks steam refund
>>
>>322143789
Yeah it's exciting getting in them

Getting in any elevator is exciting
>>
I like dying light threads except for that one retard who likes to come in and explain to everyone that the grappling hook is total shit and has no place in a 'hardcore' 'serious' game like dying light.

It's one of my favorite zombie games. I hope they add an extra hard mode or something along those lines with more sprinting zombies and nighttime virals never losing line of sight so you'll just keep getting chased by more and more until you hide in a safe house

Also I'd really like it if parties of 4 could be invaded by 2 night hunters at a time.

Bozak horde was pretty fun while I tried to beat it solo but now it just seems like a retarded teammate hand holding simulator, so that I can get them to the end and kill them for the mask. Unfortunately the only random I've ever been able to take to the end fucked me over by shooting a gas tank right next to me when I was killing the last behemoth and said oh woops man I'm sorry I didn't realize. It seemed like an honest mistake and that he was trying to help but fuck that guy anyways.
>>
I liked it but like all games it has some problems, anyway fuck repairing weapons shit was tedious and fighting against humans felt awkward in terms of combat
>>
>>322145164
Especially in china
>>
File: aaaaaaAAAAAA.gif (455 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaAAAAAA.gif
455 KB, 480x270
Dead Island done right.

Boss fights and story are stupid, but it's absolutely worth getting, especially on sale.

>yfw you realise the sun is setting and your miles from anywhere
>>
>>322145151
wow returned a great game cause he's not smart enough to turn off chromatic aberration HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>322145634
>trying to do the mission for that electrical guy at night where you have to sneak into those two gated off stations to turn the power on in hard mode
>get in with ease and start looking for the lever to pull when you realize that 4-5 virals have started to close in on you
>>
>>322145151

>Drop a 33KB file in the folder to disable CA

WOW SO HARD
>>
A better Dead Island. The last boss is a fucking stupid QTE fest though.
>>
>>322145634
They fucked up with the scaling, though. Eventually, you'll be able to kill volatiles with ease.

They should have remained extremely dangerous throughout the whole game.
>>
>>322140096
I didn't get it since it looked exactly like dead island
>>
>>322142971
I heard it was cancelled because Dying Light was so popular. I don't have any source however.
>>
>>322143267
because in that context you can't make a proper boss fight without making it a QTE and without making it some retarded mech bullshit that /v/ just fucking loooooves

face it, if it weren't a QTE, then it would have been stupid, the fucker already had only one proper arm left and it wouldn't make sense for him to be hard to kill
>>
>>322145151

But you can..
>>
>>322145151
but you can go to the Nexus and get a program that lets you change whatever you want?
>>
>>322141986
Blops 3
>>
>>322146348
Dead Island 2 was never a Techland project. It was being made by Yager, the studio known for Spec Ops: The Line. It switched hands/was cancelled because Yager had a wildly different vision for the game than the publisher, Deep Silver.

Hellraid, however, was put on indefinite hold because Techland shifted focus to milking Dying Light dry.
>>
They took Dead Island and made it a good game.
>>
>>322146442

This. I remember the final boss in Dead Island basically being a pushover because more than 1 player with endgame weaponry turns the fight into a curbstomp that takes less time than the cutscene before the fight. Dying Light's final boss with player agency would boil down to one bullet between the eyes.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.