[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Useless party members.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Lucia3d.jpg (81 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Lucia3d.jpg
81 KB, 800x1200
I've been replaying Shadow Hearts: Covenant, mainly because it's pretty great, but damn is Lucia absolutely pointless. She has no importance or relevance to the story, no reason to be traveling with the group and both Tarot cards and Aromatherapy are the worst skills in the game. Geppetto is more useful than she is. I think the only reason they stuck her in the game was that developers thought they needed to have a second pair of tits. Which is another thing she does uselessly as Karen fills the "token hot chick in the group" role tenfold better than her as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 683x1024
>>322137564
>Karen fills the "token hot chick in the group" role tenfold better than her as well

Oh wow you aren't kidding
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 1200x1200
>>322138016

Lucias main issue is that outfit desu
>>
>Not using all your party members in SHC

Team A: Yuri, Karin, Lucia, Joachim
Team B: Kurando, Anastasia, Blanca, Gepetto
Team Story Relevance (for boss fights): Yuri, Karin, Kurando, Anastasia

Can switch em out at a button press and you get more than enough crests to make them all viable. Its fucking great. 10/10 game.
>>
File: Cielo.jpg (67 KB, 500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Cielo.jpg
67 KB, 500x1000
>>
>>322138627
I don't remember the extact combinations but I did that too.
Why don't more JRPGS have this mechanic of making different parties and just changing them with a button?
>>
>>322137564
They wanted another heavy character for the player team.
>>
She's the most attractive girl in the game at least.
>>
>>322137564
>as Karen fills the "token hot chick in the group"
That's not the proper way to talk about your mom
>>
Lucia's got a pretty killer magic stat, and once you experiment with Aromatherapy enough the buffs are handy to have around.

Tarot is a pretty awful command though.
>>
>>322139129

Objectively wrong.
>>
>>322137564
yeah, remove kebab.
>>
>>322138627
Well of course you can use the character if you want, but my point being is that there is literally no reason to ever put Lucia in your group. The game gives you absolutely no incentive to do so. Geppetto I almost never use either, but from a story perspective he's at least useful in the beginning of the game because he fills that third, and eventually fourth slot. Joaquim and Blanca have their own solo side-quests that you need to level them up and use so they can complete. Anastasia is important to level up if you want to complete the photo album, since she needs to be strong enough to do some of the Solomon trials solo. Yuri, Karren, Karundo are just strong characters that you want in your group regardless.

Lucia's just sort of... there. No sidequests, no important unique skills, she doesn't even have much of a story. An old lady tells her to travel with you so she does. That's it.
>>
>>322139689
Plus you get the added bonus of ruling Russia. Well, in an alternate timeline at least.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.