[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Decision-based video games are bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: ud cover.jpg (66 KB, 580x725) Image search: [Google]
ud cover.jpg
66 KB, 580x725
PR campaign

>You will be able to alter the entire course of the game with your decisions
>every decision is super important
>endless replay value because of the endless decision combinations!

Actual game

>2 characters cant die until the end
>game will ALWAYS be the same regardless of choices, no new scenarios or branching paths
>the only thing that will change will be relationships and possible character deaths
>which are completely ignored, they dont make the game harder or have any other impact aside from, well, killing the main character.

OR it will be some kid mode shit like Life is strange

>you can view the outcome of every choice and change it if you want to immediatly
>literally no choice will matter in the end
>only 2 possible endings, both chosen from a dialogue wheel with no prerequisite.

Why do we still allow this shit to happen?
>>
>>322136395
>game will always be the same
>the only thing that changes is
hmm
>>
>>322136395

I enjoy these types of games. If you do not, then don't buy them.
>>
until dawn was great.
>>
>>322136459

The game is always the same, but with 1 character less.

Theres no branching path.
It will always be linear, they'll simply ignore the lack of a character.

Ironic how the only game which nailed decision consequences wasnt even a decision-based game (The witcher 2)
>>
>>322136557

Yes I enjoyed it but it was not as advertised, there arent "endless possibilities"; its always the same game, with one character less. Even heavy rain did it better because there were actually extra levels/different paths if shit went south
>>
mass effect 3
>>
>>322136395
You're delusional if you thought a cinematic movie game would have choices that actually matter. The amount of money it costs to make a few minutes of high quality cutscene is going to limit the choices to basically nonexistent.
>>
File: jess.gif (2 MB, 294x323) Image search: [Google]
jess.gif
2 MB, 294x323
beep beep

best ass coming through
>>
>>322136738

>best ass
>jess
>wat.jpg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wx0KHXAUX8
>>
>>322137171

>"ass"

Niqqa that's a pancake in denim
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.