[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dude, holy shit. >Game >'Thank You' Note >Stickers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: standard-edition.png (338 KB, 800x459) Image search: [Google]
standard-edition.png
338 KB, 800x459
Dude, holy shit.

>Game
>'Thank You' Note
>Stickers
>Map
>Small Lore Compendium
>Manual
>Soundtrack (FULL soundtrack: 31 songs)

How can one company be so based. I haven't even loaded up the game yet and I'm extraordinarily pleased with my purchase.
>>
>>322136320
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, seeing as how many games don't even have a manual anymore. CDPR actually takes care
>>
>>322136320
Enjoy the 16 weeks worth of free DLC they put out, as well as the $10, 30+ hour expansion DLC
>>
File: WCE.jpg (236 KB, 974x2200) Image search: [Google]
WCE.jpg
236 KB, 974x2200
>>322136320
>>
>>322136526
today we shall remind them
>>
>>322136320
It's kinda sad to think about the fact they're not doing anything super special in this case, simply offering what used to be standard in an age where buying physical copies had long ceased being a rational thing.

It's not CDPR being super good as everyone else being awful.
>>
>>322136526
that was fake. hilarious, but proven fake. i almost want to say it's unfortunate that it's fake because it really is fucking funny.
>>322136926
by not being as awful and doing to bare minimum that everyone else did they are being super good. they could have not included anything and no one would have thought less of them.
>>
I'm just so impressed with the soundtrack. Usually if a game ships with a soundtrack it's just some stupid fucking "mini-compilation" of like, 6 songs from the album. At best it's a remix album of 6 songs.
>>
>>322136320
>How can one company be so based
>W-we d-didn't downgrade the graphics g-guise
Yea CDPR sure is based, being so up-front and honest.

>B-but that's just one thing!
And I'm sure you'd like everyone to forget about it as soon as possible so that you can say the same thing the next time they fuck people over, like when they consolized the fuck out of W2.
>B-but free DLC!
You mean rubbish that would have been utterly unacceptable as paid DLC and should have been in the base game to start with, but hey lets encourage devs who withhold content to give it to you "for free" right, brilliant!
>>
>>322136468
>30+ hour expansion DLC
anon, let's be real here, it can be finished in < 10 hrs. and that is including sidequests/hunting for caches/etc

still damn fine DLC, well worth $10 just for the story alone
>>
File: CDPR lying.jpg (284 KB, 1204x682) Image search: [Google]
CDPR lying.jpg
284 KB, 1204x682
>>322136320

Yeah! CDPR is so based! I love them!
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 393x329) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 393x329
>Game
Shit
>Thank You Note
Are you an elderly grandmother?
>Stickers
I slapped it on my PS4 and the actual design part wore off in a month. Can't even tell it's a Wolf School medallion.
>Map
Too bad the world is garbage. Bethesda did this for Skyrim too, nothing new.
>Small Lore Compendium
I don't think I got this, then again you could always read the fucking books.
>Manual
Press X To Use Witcher Senses.
>Soundtrack
It's shit. Playing the game without muic and effects maxed out is a lot more enjoyable. Made the final fight awkward though, forgot to turn it back on.

CDPR are not your friends, they are not good game developers, and they are awful storytellers.

Read a book. Watch a movie. Jerk one out. Do anything but sink 60 hours into this hot shit.
>>
>>322139079
I'm still shocked they managed to make a game of that scope and fucked up the basic controls and character movement that badly.

How do you spend so much time making a game and fuck up the basics, the fucking basics, this badly?
>>
>>322136320
Because cucks, like you, eat that shit up.

>"t-these people actually l-like me!"
You're nothing more than money to them.
>>
>>322139234
that's the slav polish
>>
>>322138323
The downgrade was understandable, and maybe even forgiveable, if they didn't straight out lie about it. So, yeah. I'm pretty pissed about that one.

But you can't give them shit about the DLCs, when it most likely was something they mostly had to keep their employees busy, with all the post production and marketing, that your regular game dev don't do shit during.
And it's not like you had to pay for it.
>>
>>322139079
>>322139234
Samefag hating on GOTY
>>
>>322139079
>>Stickers
>I slapped it on my PS4
Stopped reading there. Now please kill yourself.
>>
File: wjANVCD.jpg (120 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
wjANVCD.jpg
120 KB, 500x333
>>322139445
>slav polish
>>
>What you paid for
>Piece of paper sent out to literally everybody else
>Shit
>Worthless
>Didn't read the books? That's okay
>Manual which consists of text and one picture of gameplay
>MP3 files

How can one company give you so much that is literally worthless besides the base game?
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 349x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 349x337
>>322139234
Believe it or not, my main gripe is the main story and the overarching war plot point.

I suffered through the awful gameplay because I was expecting an amazing story. I was let down. How does a game that fails 2/3 of the main criteria for judging vidya win so many GOTY awards?

Vidya has changed.
>>
>>322136320
"Thank you " for GOTY anon. They wouldn't have gotten it had it not been for you.
>>
File: 1448654516640.jpg (26 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1448654516640.jpg
26 KB, 500x378
>>322139079
>Soundtrack
>Shit
>>
>>322139926
>GOTY awards?

Because it's casualized crap. Go play the first game, which is easily the best in the series, and see how many awards it got.

None, because the game didn't hold your hand and forced you to learn it. Kind of like Morrowind.
>>
>>322136526
shoo shoo Geralt golem
>>
>>322139926
I dont get it, story was still good and fun. I cant say its anything absolutely amazing but shit, still. Remember the kaer morhen part? Damn great character moments during that arc in the game.
>>
>>322140521
The game should have ended with Kaer Morhen, but either way that was just a glorified cutscene.

Honestly, what motivation is given to even fight The Wild Hunt? It would actually make sense if Geralt was contracted to, but he specifically, against all player choice is doing it for Ciri, whom the player has no knowledge, relation, or motive for caring about.

Everything about Geralt and Ciri's relationship is explained in a single dialogue (I.E. A classic action movie roundtable where everybody gathers before the final fight to explain the plot), most of which is largely optional. Brief flashbacks are used for exposition, and I'm not talking about Ciri's Story, I mean AFTER the Kaer Morhen battle, that elf fuckboy literally monologues Eredin and The Wild Hunt's motives in gray-filtered flashbacks, and that's it. Now go kill The Wild Hunt.

The game ALMOST draws a parallel between Geralt and Eredin, but it mockingly pulls it right back, quite literally, in favor of "Muh Ciri".

What a shitshow. Tolkien was an awful writer, and a master storyteller. CDPR is neither, and they're not particularly good at making games either, so what's the point? Fucking Dialogue and Facial Animations won GOTY. Fantastic.

Ciri is CDPR's Lightning. Can't wait for her Cyberpunk 2077 questline.
>>
>>322141273
>Ciri, whom the player has no knowledge, relation, or motive for caring about.

2/10, you fucking retard
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 403x403
>>322142418
>Please read the book to justify our awful writing

Fuck off Polack.
>>
This shit actually costs close to nothing. Other companies would rather save $1 on each copy by not adding that than satisfy a customer though.
>>
Wish the subsequent Twitcher games had been like the bulk of the first one, where you're just killing monsters, fulfilling contracts, fucking bitches and not getting involved in political bullshit.

Can't I even have one RPG where the fate of the world isn't resting on my shoulders?
>>
>>322142674
Won't help, The Witcher games are fanfiction of the worst kind, panned even by the author of the fairly bad book series itself.
>>
>>322142674
look man if you don't like the game or the story/lore/whatever that's fine, but don't pretend like ciri is some mystery character that geralt has no attachment to.
>>
>>322141273
Kaer Morhen still had some good moments and a good narrative through it. Especially with eskel, lambert and vesemir. Been a while since Ive cared that much about a minor character in a game.

Geralt isnt the players self insert custom character. The character starts in the books and the games only allow you to choose his mood and the extent of some of his actions. He is still his own character. For example, geralt hates the fuck out of politics. The player is only given the option to join in when it involves his friends and even so, he still fucking hates it with a passion and is overt about it. You cannot be asshurt you didnt get to decide every small little thing in the story.

Ciri and Geralt go back to the events in the book and she is given enough screentime that I can actually get an idea of who she is and her relation to geralt. Theres the tutorial level, ciris story and the account of every person you meet on her trail. Then you spend something like an hour with her doing quests after you find her. Shes not a stranger I have zero reason to care about no matter how much you try to make it sound so which is a falsehood youre trying to push.

There are many instances on her trail where ciri and geralts relationship is explained in terms of nature and what they mean to each other. Its not just done 2 minutes before the final level. Hell the dream at the beginning of the game lays this out.

There was more reason to fight the wild hunt than the internal political squabbles brought up in flashbacks. At this point in your post I wonder how much you truly paid attention. It goes back to ciri. Go look at the bloody trail left behind in their wake as they hunt her down. Its from there up to kaer morhen where you get the idea you have to finish them off otherwise the hunt never ends.

Geralt and Eredin as they stood as two different people.

Thanks for trying at least. Your points may be bullshit but at least youre not trying to shitpost for its own
>>
To bad the gameplay is a boring pile of crap, might as well just watch it on youtube rather than play this shitfest.
>>
>>322142674
You have a 30 minute tutorial level centered around her, her personal story in flashbacks, accounts from people whove known and encountered her, geralts reactions to individual clues relating to her location, and an hours worth of quests you can do with her after finding her.

Hate all you want, but youre full of shit when telling me shes a mystery person they push as someone you should care about.

These kinds of posts have me convinced TW3 is a stupid fucking meme bandwagon. I at least hope thats what youre on otherwise youre the stupidest fuck Ive come to know.
>>
>>322139079
What the fuck are you doing to your ps4? I put one of those stickers on my macbook in a misguided attempt to hide the glowing apple, and it looks fine 6 months later
>>
>>322139926
>How does a game that fails 2/3 of the main criteria for judging vidya win so many GOTY awards?

Because it rode skyrim's fame so the casuals picked it up.

It's all about mass appeal.
>>
>>322146364
Sounds alot like the bandwagon bullshit youre riding on senpai. Glad to see youre as shitty as ever /v/.
>>
>>322136320
Is that the regular edition or special edition?
>>
File: gothfu.png (384 KB, 960x809) Image search: [Google]
gothfu.png
384 KB, 960x809
>>322136320
Lol. Enjoy the shit combat and enemy reskins.
>>
>>322136320
This is what happened when you actually put effort into your product and respect the dollars paid by the customers.
It's not hard, just no one else bother to do it anymore.
>>
>>322136320
I didn't pay the t because it was a free gift.
But the game is great I might want to pay for it, maybe I'll wait for the GOTY edition.
>>
>>322146364
>Because it rode skyrim's fame so the casuals picked it up.
That would be Fallout 4. Which as far as I know, hasn't won shit.
>>
Why are Polish so good at making video games?
I thought they play nothing but CS 1.6 with 56k connection.
>>
>>322147518
You're a bit late with that bait anon, but have a pity (you) since it's newyears.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.