[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which resident evil games on steam are worth playing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: re.jpg (31 KB, 462x219) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
31 KB, 462x219
which resident evil games on steam are worth playing?
>>
I have all of them and they're all worth a play, the later ones moreso if you have a friend and can co-op.

Most people will highly recommend 4 and REmake. 5 rubbed some people wrong, I personally really liked it.

Revelations and 6 are a pretty decent departure in gameplay and much more action-oriented and faster paced. Currently playing through 6 now with a friend and we love it though. Wasn't so crazy about Revelations.
>>
>>322135639
Resident Evil remastered and resident evil 4 Ultimate edition are both fantastic games.

Resident evil 5, while having a pretty dumb story and cringy action scenes, was a great game in terms of gameplay it is very fun, especially co op with a friend.

I personally didn't like the changes of Resident evil 6 but it isn't too bad with coop.

Resident evil revelations is what resident evil six should have been like but with a better coop mode.

Resident Evil 0 remastered comes out mid january, so you can also look forward to that.
>>
>>322135639
RE HD Remaster and RE4 are great games.

RE Revelations 2 is not as good but still fun and has good co-op mechanics.

RE5 and RE6 for co-op fuckery.
>>
>>322135639
4, 5, and REmake. 4 is perfect action/horror game and 5 has god tier co op and best mercenaries in the series. REmake is thje best survival horror game. (besides silent hill 1 or 2 if you cound those as survival horror)
>>
is it best to play them in order?
>>
>>322135639
>on steam

Just pic related, honestly. Maybe also Zero when it's out. Emulate the rest.
>>
>>322136985
Release order... obviously.
>>
>>322136269
>Resident evil revelations is what resident evil six should have been like but with a better coop mode.
Why do people like revelations?
They're ugly games with an awful story, boring enemies and barely any gameplay, and then there are those terrible cliff hangers at the end of each episode
They're not scary, and they're not action games like RE 4 and the others were

RE 4 has the most retarded story out of all of them tho, no idea why people think 5 was so bad
>>
>>322137292
>no idea why people think 5 was so bad

Cause all it was was RE4 but worse in every way, and with forced co-op.

Co-op ruined everything.
>>
>>322137510
It ruined nothing you faggot
It allows you to experience the glory of RE with a friend
That's only bad if you like to talk shit

The AI partner was awful tho
>>
4 is the best game of all time
>>
>>322137689
>I have no idea why co-op is bad in a horror game

Cause having a partner forced at your side at all times really helps add to the horror experience, doesn't it?
>>
>>322138030
Are you honestly saying RE 4 was a horror game?
Are you mentally retarded?
The answer to that is yes
>>
>>322138170
You're right, it's not a horror franchise anymore due to forced co-op. Thanks for completely missing my point though, you dumb faggot.
>>
>>322135639
REmake and RE4 HD.
None of the others on Steam are worth a shit.
>>
>>322138697
RE 4 wasn't a horror game
RE 2 was barely a horror game
RE 1?
Now that, was a fucking horror game
>>
>>322139770

RE 3 was semi-horror with the being hunted.

REmake was horror as fuck.

0 REmake is also horror but a bit less so.
>>
File: 1450947237834.jpg (116 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
1450947237834.jpg
116 KB, 600x399
>>322140546
Mr. X was a lot more frightening than Nemesis. Don't tell me you didn't nearly shit your pants at this part.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.