[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best game in the Saints Row series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1
File: saintsrow.jpg (485 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
saintsrow.jpg
485 KB, 1024x768
What is the best game in the Saints Row series?
>>
>>322133947
Hands down it's 2.
>>
2, no contest
>>
2 has the best story 3 has the best gameplay.
>>
2 in all aspects.

3 made the game too easy, 4 had potential but rendered the majority of the mechanics useless because you can OHKO everything that isn't a Warden from the get-go.
>>
>>322135003
>4 had potential but rendered the majority of the mechanics useless because you can OHKO everything that isn't a Warden from the get-go.
This. Super powers made all the SW mechanics obsolete. Why go and pimp out a car when you can run at super speed?
>>
>>322135147

>Why go and pimp out a car when you can run at super speed?

Not only that, but why bother using aircraft when you can fly? Why bother using guns when you can atomic punch mooks to death? Why bother putting radio stations in the game when you pretty much only hear music in the cars (which you aren't driving)?

As it stands, with only 2 enemy types the game loses its appeal fast. Even Prototype had a few different monsters to fight to keep things interesting.
>>
>>322135424
>Why bother putting radio stations in the game when you pretty much only hear music in the cars (which you aren't driving)?
They were actually smart about that one and let you access the radio at all times
>>
2 cos it had the best customisation.

The only thing 3 had better was that you could give your character massive tits.
>>
>>322133947
2 is the overall best
3 is probably better if all you want to do is goof off with a friend.
4 isn't a very good SR game but it's probably my favorite collectathon. Powers could have been toned down a bit.
>>
I played 2, 3 and 4 and for me, it is 3. 2 ran like crap, had no motivation to search the town and controls were clunky.

3, sadly, had shorter story and had side activities used as missions, which kinda sucked.

But I still consider 3 the best.

4 was fun but more like DLC.
>>
2 >> 4 > 1 >> Shit > 3
>>
>>322133947
Never played the first one, but they're all equally awesome in their own unique ways.
>>
>>322135147
>>322135424

I will probably sound like a shill but whatever.
But do you guys remember that you are in the simulation 90% of the game?
The remaining 10% are the missions where you wake up from the tube and rescue the other homies without any powers and basically just roaming around the ship.
So technically, they don't have superpowers.
I think it's highly unlikely that they'll do the same approach with SR5, if ever.
>>
>>322133947
Easily 2. Shame the PC port of it is a pile of shit that basically requires Gentleman of the Row mod to make it playable.
>>
>>322137374

Go get the gentlement of the row mod for saints row 2 and replay it now
>>
>>322138079
SR5 will probably be the time machine and they go to a pre-historic era

fucking love dinosaurs
>>
>1
>Silly but still serious parody of GTA

>2
>Serious story about the consequences of gang life with some dark humor thrown in

>3
>DUDE GIANT DILDOS LMAO XD

>4
>Literally 3 with superpowers

>Gat Outta Hell
>JUST
>>
>>322138452
Well meme'd.
>>

Too bad they killed the series with lol so randumb xD reddit tier humor after it
>>
>>322133947
I'd say 3.

2 is way better in terms of story, writing and all that stuff, but the gameplay mechanics really don't feel all that well made I think. And in a game like Saint's Row I think that's what matters the most. 4 can be pretty fun but it get's boring fast. They should have made it all about the superpowers instead.

>>322138198
Even with that it's pretty much 10fps city in the best of times.
>>
>>322138310

If I recall corrently, this does not fix the problem with game moving way too fast (and having weird glitches like character running faster than cars drive).

Besides, all I could find was some batch file.
>>
>>322138391

Actually, at the end of "Gat outta hell", Johhny wished for reset buton for entire series.

So if somebody would like to make new Saints Row, they can start from the scratch.

At the same time, current owners of rights to the series mentioned once that they would rather like to make game less silly and more like GTA because that "sells".

Aka "we dont want it to be original, we want to make it another GTA clone".
>>
2 no doubt about it
>>
>>322138968
Actually, at the end of "Gat outta hell", Johnny had 5 different endings to choose from.
One of them being resetting the series.
I'll admit I forgot the other 4. I think one of them

One of them was "the answers to everything", and he was like "ohhh"
Another one he went to heaven with Aisha

I forgot the other 2. But they can still use the time-machine

>Well, I guess Gat's in hell. What should we do now? Fuck up some dinosaurs?

Deep Silver's been doing shit with the THQ stuff they bought
>>
>>322133947
2. 3 was fun but very geared to fucking about, 4 was just "you enjoyed the other games and you still gave us money? GOD MODE! That's fun yeah? They couldn't one up themselvses so they didn;t bother trying.
>>
>>322139498

One was about making Johhny new ruler of Hell. I guess the two endings were about recreating Earth, one making Saints police force or something.
>>
Eh 1 was the best.

The sequels became less about satire and more about silly humor.
>>
>>322138452
pretty much this, i would rather have a gta parody/clone then what it is now.
>>
Played only 2 and 3

2 was one of my favorite open world gangsta simulator

3 was really boring
>>
>>322140525

>I would rather have a boring clone than fun game

Heh.
>>
>>322140712
>i'd rather have a boring game than fun clone

kekles
>>
>>322140712
He doesnt honestly think that, he's just meming other people opinions.
>>
>>322140712
>boring
>>
>>322140712

But it's not fun.

3 removed loads of stuff from 2's toolset, and 4 tried to replace it with superpowers that came off half-baked and pointless.
>>
>>322140848

What stuff? I only noticed few activities, that got replaced by another ones.

I wont lie that I miss Fuzz, however.
>>
>>322141053

Several side activities
Hand-to-hand combat beyond sacktapping
Campaign co-op
PvP multiplayer
most of the clothing customization options

Beyond that, they just shower you with stuff out of the gate, where 2 actually took a few hours before you became an unstoppable wrecking machine.
>>
>>322141053
Septic avenger.

The different styles of hand to hand combat

PvP multiplayer

The zombie mini game.
>>
>>322141412

>Several side activities

Like I said, Fuzz were cool, for all others removed, Im actually glad they did. There was also something with truck splitting shit on homes and people, I found it quite boring at some point.

>Hand-to-hand combat beyond sacktapping

Never noticed, since I was never using hand-to-hand combat, when I have guns.

>Campaign co-op

Then how the hell people record those videos of clearing missions with friends?

>most of the clothing customization options

I give ya that.

Overall, I still hold with my opinion.
>>
>>322141053
>that got replaced by another ones
Like that really bad tiger thing?
>>
2 - Great
3 - Boring And Easy
4 - Good And A Great Villan
>>
SR2 without a doubt.
>>
2 by far, 3 was so hollow and empty and Steelport was a TERRIBLE city, so boring and bland
>>
I liked 3 but the shameless DLC made me resentful
>>
1 - Pretty tight next gen GTA knockoff
2 - Holy shit this is the greatest of All Time
3 - Wow, the story kinda sucks dick. What's with all the DLC?
4 - Fuck it.
GooH - Who gives a fuck.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.