[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Flying Turtle FF14 is saved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
>Flying Turtle

FF14 is saved
>>
rip
>>
>>322130023
It's over anon. It was fun while it lasted.
>>
>they fucked up heavensward so bad that 3.3 will be the last patch
>>
>>322131248
you never know 3.2 could be amazing
Why do I keep telling myself these lies?
>>
>>322131570
You should have learned your lesson the moment Heavensward was released. A few content patches won't fix it.
>>
>yoshi subs are falling what do we do
>give flying to mounts that would look dumb flying xdddd
>>
File: 1450594384611.jpg (359 KB, 972x972) Image search: [Google]
1450594384611.jpg
359 KB, 972x972
>>322130209
>>322130392
>>322134114

Really? The game is dying? I was about to sub

>tfw hyped for ffxiv because of ramuh's theme
>>
How did SE mess up? I stopped playing before the expansion came out.
>>
>>322134424

If you want to start now there's tons of shit for you to do and you'll probably have a blast.

The problem is for people like us who have been playing religiously since realm reborn's launch. the quantity and quality of new content releases has been a clear step downwards from the 2.x series and there's no sign of it improving in the future. Rather than making new content that's good and actively designed to draw more players in, they're designing tedious, drawn-out content designed to keep players subscribed for as long as possible like mindless sheep, and numbers are dropping fast.
>>
>>322134548

the expansion was a hard reset on all of your progress in 2.X basically. you have to level up again, go through the story again, grind tomestones again, do hunts again, grind relic again, do roulettes again, do weekly casual/hardcore raid again, grind primals again. now, the story was pretty damn good, but it doesn't change the fact that they haven't added a single goddamn thing to change the core gameplay mechanics. you still have to dodge orange pizzas on the ground and you still are doing the only rotation you have over and over again, except at 60 it's a slightly more complex rotation
>>
>>322135024

No, the hard-reset is standard in MMOs. I think we were all prepared for that. The problem is that there's been a clear quality dip in the game's content. Alexander isn't as well designed as Coil, and they artificially inflated the difficulty with obnoxious gear checks to slow down progression. We get two new dungeons and 1 new trial per patch rather than the 3 new dungeons and 2-3 new trials we were getting in 2.x.

They're just not trying anymore.
>>
>>322134424
If you haven't played before there's quite a bit to do and you'll probably have some decent fun.

Problem is people who have been at the level cap for the past 6 months or however long ago the expansion launched and have had basically fuck all to do that entire time. Engdame isn't in a great spot right now but if you're not there it's not too bad.
>>
>>322135449

>We get two new dungeons and 1 new trial per patch rather than the 3 new dungeons and 2-3 new trials we were getting in 2.x.

they had a reason for this. it's kinda funny though, they wanted to spend more resources on "experimental" content so they cut back on dungeons and trials. i was hoping it would be something fun for the sake of fun and not just another grind, but it ended up being the diadem and verminion garbage
>>
>>322135449
Most of the staff have probably gone to work on other projects like KH3 or FFXV.
>>
>>322135728
>tfw wanted to do diadem with my old FC
>nobody plays anymore
>in fact hardly anyone I used to know plays
>I only resubbed for 3.1 so I guess I can't complain too much
>>
Hey guys let's make Gold Saucer and put no battle content in it whatsoever so no one ever fucking goes there.
>>
File: 1437156024734.jpg (31 KB, 375x428) Image search: [Google]
1437156024734.jpg
31 KB, 375x428
>>322136174
>No Gold Saucer Raid that forces you do some semi difficult mechanics.
>No 8 way Triple Triad against 8 other people that are all boss fights
>>
>>322136174

i hope they fix the combat system first before shoehorning it into anything else
>>
>>322136370
Honestly how hard would it be to make Battle Square from FF7? You go in with a party of 8, the game queues you up for a random trial, and after you win you spin the slots for a random handicap debuff and continue. Get prizes based on how far you get.

But no let's make Lord of Verminion instead because casuals looooove minions.
>>
File: file.png (430 KB, 485x723) Image search: [Google]
file.png
430 KB, 485x723
>>322134114

YOSHIDA MY SON
>>
>tfw crafting is just cookie clicker with a sub fee
>>
>>322136174

Although I think a battle arena raid in Gold Saucer would be fun, I don't think Gold Saucer is "bad" in its current form.

I like it as a mini-game hub. I realized it's true purpose a few weeks ago when I talking to my raid members in voice chat, and realized after 15 minutes that we were all just running around Gold Saucer nonchalantly playing mini-games. It was neat, and doesn't really need to be "main content". It gives something to do during downtime that's not idling and that's fine.

I think It just has a really terrible reputation right now because Lords of Verminion was a specifically bad side idea that came out at a time when people were starved for major content, and made the Gold Saucer as a whole an easy target for questioning the team's priorities.

If they released a recognizable FF minigame instead, say, Blitzball, and it was actually well designed and fun I think people would be a lot less harsh on it. But it needs to be something that they work on once people are satisfied with the meat of the game's content, which people aren't right now.
>>
>>322137005

your subs dropping now

you must choose

fun challenging and rewarding content or shallow skinnerbox grind
>>
>>322133875
I thought 3.0 was fine
the 6 months up to 3.1 and 3.1 are what killed it
>>
>>322136370
>No 8 way Triple Triad against 8 other people that are all boss fights
This wouldn't work. But fuck I want to play it anyway.
>>
>>322135024
>the expansion was a hard reset on all of your progress in 2.X basically.

Which is expected. What we DIDN'T expect was a hard reset of 2.x progression PLUS slower content output that is literally the same as 2.x in every fucking way, save for more gating. HW was literally a glorified content patch that cost money and changed NOTHING.
>>
File: ffxiv_12242015_024710.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_12242015_024710.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>322135485
>>322134920

Yeah I've been playing it really slowly; chipping away at various classes and professions and enjoying myself. I've seen people in Linkshells and stuff blitz through everything and get bored.

Heck, I spent a few hours a few weeks ago talking to an Alex Raider what the story of Heavensward was because they skipped every cutscene and clicked through all the text.

I did hardcore raiding in WoW. This is just for fun for the time being.
>>
>>322139783
I did hardcore raiding in an MMO and it's not worth it at all. Sure you can brag that you did something first but you kill the overall enjoyment of the MMO.
Now I take games slow, enjoy all the aspects. Still do raids but it's definitely after a lot of people have done them.
>>
>>322134424
>not ravana's theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z_3hRm7K8g
>>
File: ffxiv_12242015_025001.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_12242015_025001.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>322139994

Yeah, I'll eventually get to the raids, but for now I'm moseying through the story (ALMOST done with it, just play it a friend who can't play often) and trying to level similar classes at the same rate so I don't get bogged down in gear.
>>
File: 1443893776607.gif (646 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1443893776607.gif
646 KB, 320x240
>>322137215

>just spent millions getting my crafting gear
>now I can finally make some money!
>>
>>322131248

If that means we're getting the next two alex floors and the warring triad bosses in shorter intervals, I don't mind.
>>
>>
>implying this game was ever good with such a shit community

Playing with retards from /v/ is a fucking nightmare.
>>
All these patches and they STILL haven't fixed the GCD bug.
>>
>>322144804
lol, epic, simply epic
>>
>>322135985
The Diadem sucks shit anyway. You're not missing anything. Go hit a training dummy for 90 minutes and there you go... Diadem.
>>
>>322145141
I could read a 400 page novel inbetween the current GCD.
>>
I hope the next patch adds something i want to do. I want to play but when i log in there isnt anything i feel like doing.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.