[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
During development, they decided either Barret or Aeris had to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: ff7char.jpg (43 KB, 451x452) Image search: [Google]
ff7char.jpg
43 KB, 451x452
During development, they decided either Barret or Aeris had to die.

Did they do right?

Assuming that the rest of the story would be adjusted for Barret's death.
>>
>>322128595
no one would have cried over barret

so yes they did do right
>>
>>322128753
>raises his friends daughter
>leads communities
>trustworthy and dependable
>looks like a bear wrapped in a marshmallow

Naw son
>>
Wait, so Barret would have been a Cetra or what?
>>
>>322128595
Yes. Barret is a better party member and within the context of the game's story, his death would have been completely irrelevant.
>>
Should've killer cloud and had you play as Aeris for the rest of the game
>>
>>322128595
What if Cloud got there on time to push Aeris out of the way, but got killed.

Do you think Aeris would have become some type of lighting
>>
>>322128595
Why not kill em both?
>>
>>322128786
I prefer Barret
>>
>>322128595
Yes, because Barret is actually useful.
>>
If Barrett died I would have poured out a 40.
>>
>>322131274
this guy is on to something
>>
>>322131636
>>
File: r-3qz66uue~2~2.jpg (92 KB, 592x270) Image search: [Google]
r-3qz66uue~2~2.jpg
92 KB, 592x270
>>322130295
>Everyone else in the game got killed but Aeris
>In her rage, she quickly master all the skills her party members knows
>End game Aeris has a machine gun hand, a huge wizard staff blade, Vincent's out fit, and mega tits, that glows and summons Knight of the round, who are all Behemoths when she squeeze her nipples.

I would pay good money for that DLC
>>
File: 1448239894387.jpg (847 KB, 2210x577) Image search: [Google]
1448239894387.jpg
847 KB, 2210x577
>>322128595
Barret was a good and honorable nigga, while Aeris was a flower girl (slang for prostitute).

Easy to see who was better off dying. There's tons of whores in the FFVII world, but not enough good people.
>>
>>322132068
someone should bring this to a drawfag thread
>>
>>322128595
>Did they do right?
Yes. Barret living makes more sense, and he still gets to have some great moments afterward.
>>
In previous FF games the only characters who did heroic sacrifices were manly heroes, that's why they decided to do things differently and flat out have the love interest murdered.
>>
>>322128595
If Barret died it would have had less of an impact because characters like him dying in a FF game wasn't anything new.
>>
>>322132068
>FF VII-A
>Aeris becomes the sole survivor of the entire party
>has a gunhand that can turn into Vincent's claw when not in use
>Cloud's buster sword that's been modified to be able to switch between it, her staff, and Cid's spear
>Cid's smokes
>Red XIII's feather headdress
>Cait Sith's mog
>Yuffie's arm guard
>ties her hair back into Tifa's ponytail

Her limit break is the most OP thing in any final fantasy game to date
>>
>>322128595
Aeris's purpose in the story was really just to motivate Cloud and then die. Barrett had some interesting development over his continuing reasons to fight, so killing him would've directly stunted that part of the story. You really can't say what it would be like if Aeris further developed because it wasn't written.
>>
>>322128595
Well since Aerith is Cloud's sister, I'd say so.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.