[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody explain the difference between Elite Dangerous and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: elite-dangerous-image10.jpg (236 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
elite-dangerous-image10.jpg
236 KB, 1280x720
Can somebody explain the difference between Elite Dangerous and Elite Dangerous Horizons for a consumer?
>>
>>322127420

one costs more money
>>
>>322127420
Horizons isn't finished yet and is £30 more expensive
>>
Horizon is base game + expansion. Limited at the moment but did add new ships, some planetary landing, and planet mining. Expansion is garranteed year long content.
>>
>>322127420
Think Elite Dangerous is an MMO, which is kinda is. Horizons is an expansion pack. It enables going to planet surfaces and adds some new smaller shit. Everyone still plays on the same metaserver but only Horizon owners can land on planets
>>
>>322127420
Base game is unfinished. Horizons is a promise to finish in exchange for more money
>>
>>322127420
Elite Dangerous is base game and Horizons is like a season pass for new content/expansion.
Only weird thing is that if you buy Horizons you get base game.
>>
so if I already have Elite Dangerous do I have to pay $60 or whatever for Horizons?
>>
horizons has about 15 planet textures copypasted throughout the entire 400 billion star galaxy that you can land on for the low price of $45 to do absolutely nothing on
>>
>>322128478
if you bought before a certain period it's discounted. You don't have to either.
>>
>>322128498
>>322128478
>>322128336
and Horizons is not yet on steam?
>>
>>322128571

It is
>>
Isn't Horizons the base game + DLC, so if you already bought E:D you're basically buying a second copy of E:D if you buy Horizons.
>>
>>322128682
Well, if you bought the base game within a certain time period or were one of the early people who paid a few hundred dollars for the beta or whatever then you get it for free. Unlike scam citizen you don't need to spend $10,000 on ships either.
>>
>>322128987
Or if you bought the $60 season pass I'm guessing.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.