[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get to blighttown >"where do I go?" >run
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: dark-souls.jpg (400 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls.jpg
400 KB, 1280x720
>get to blighttown
>"where do I go?"
>run around 4 times until discovering that brown smear in the middle of the sea of shit textures is a ladder
>go down

>get attacked by bugs
>mid poison
>suddenly, toxic
>"what the fuck"
>die without any chance of curing it
>later find out it's a couple of dart spitters who make no noise and whose darts provide no feedback to tell you you were hit

>finally get all the way down
>finally a bonfire
>not being poisoned is almost impossible

>game constantly throws 5-6 enemies at once

>finally get to the cave
>again, 4 enemies at once, one of which is the fat one
>no space to run, blocking sends me to my death below

>after 2 tries, get up above
>3 more enemies at once
>decide to run
>get to a fat ass bug or whatever it was
>try to hit it
>weapon passes right through
>meanwhile, the 3 others kill me

All the while, if even 1 torch came into the FOV, the framerate dropped by 15.

After this fucking abismal level design and technical failures, why do nostalgia fags keep saying this is the better game?

Inb4 "git gud"
>>
>playing on console

or alternatively

>playing without dsfix

Here is your reply
>>
what do you mean by better game? than 2? 2 has its own "blighttown" and while a bit less confusing its still two times more annoying
>>
>>322119772
In 2

It forces you to use a torch because it's naturally dark.

The vemon spitters are statues that can be destroyed and don't shoot you from unreachable locations.

The goals and destinations are clearly visible from afar and you know in which general direction to go.

The game doesn't throw 4 enemies at once (which is what retards keep complaining about this game).
>>
>>322119576
>playing on console
Invalid argument.

>without dsfix
Console.
>>
>>322120127
>It forces you to use a torch because it's naturally dark.
HAHAHAHAHA

did you actually play the game or just watch early trailers?
>>
>>322120645
A torch is recommended, at least I felt more comfortable that way. Also useful for marking your path if you die.

You sound like those people who put brightness to maximum in every case.
>>
>>322121186
you sound like you need to eat more carrots
>>
>>322121318
I'm fine bro, I even use flux on pc because minimum is still so bright.
>>
OP if countless people have beaten a notoriously hard game and youre bitching about a tough part in a tough game...

The only answer is git gud. You're not supposed to enjoy it you're supposedto destroy it. I beat kings field when it came out you can do an area in a modern game.
>>
>>322121391
I'm just fucking with DS lovers. So far, DS2 gameplay beats this one on every level. Let's see as I go on.
>>
Blightown was fantastic (easily my favorite DaS area), because it's dangerous to navigate and uses mainly vertical space. But people did nothing but complain about it.

All of you deserved DaS2's neutered level design.
>>
>get to the tomb of the giants
>too fucking dark
>severe astigmatism so it strains my eyes
>rest my eyes for a second
>giant skeleton throws me off a ledge
Fuck this shit ass place
>>
>>322121995
Blighttown interrupts the flow of the game by stripping you of all the dodging capabilities and making you tip toe around all the venomous shit. It's boring and slow.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.