[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Insurgency
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: Insurgency_Cover.jpg (586 KB, 1374x792) Image search: [Google]
Insurgency_Cover.jpg
586 KB, 1374x792
Just bought the game, what am i in for?

Was watching a asscancer brit vid about the game and looks pretty fun. What is the general consensus about the game in here? did you buy it, anon?
>>
Bump for the bump lord
>>
File: insurgency.png (47 KB, 1296x200) Image search: [Google]
insurgency.png
47 KB, 1296x200
Everyone and their mother got it during the humble bundle sale which gave you for copies for $1.

As for the game, I think everyone here likes it to a degree but it frequently gets compared to RO2.

I just added some cool new workshop/mods to it (still a pain because still have to use snd_restart to apply) which is really a great addition to the game.

I need more realism mods, currently have:
>supersonic bullet cracks
>realistic explosions (i think this sucks the most because of the constant ringing)
>resurgency player models

what else should I get?
>>
File: generationkill.jpg (30 KB, 416x390) Image search: [Google]
generationkill.jpg
30 KB, 416x390
>>322119993
>Pain and Death (sound mod)
Adds death screams from red orchestra etc for that authentic ptsd
>Insurgency Mod-Styled Hands
I just like how these look, shame that the retro m4/16 pack is gone, would have worked really well with those

Hadn't played this game much in the past 6 months, was glad to see people still praise god during round start
>>
>>322118016
Public skirmishes are fucking boring, can't say about anything else. I'd rather play even shit like payday 2.
>>
>>322119993
Just playing the game for shits and giggles.

I added allahu akbar sounds for insurgents every time they throw an explosive along with insurgent anime voices. So pretty much every time i jump on a coop with some friends it's a shit show and i love it.
>>
>>322118016
Alot of Allah praising, one shot killing and all around good fun.
>>
>>322121780
Sounds exactly what i expected.
Searching the workshop as we speak, looks like the game can get quite realistic.

disgonbgud
>>
>>322121496
I'm so used to allahu akbar one I forgot it's a mod. Mandatory for the complete experience if you ask me.
>>
Its definately one of the better fps out there. A good mix of slow paced tactical movement with the occasional run and gun.
I think ima pick up squad this weekend, as i hear its like insurgency with arma flare to it.
Im always hungry for slower paced tactical gameplay, its a shame Cod set a standard for every modern fps to be an endless sprintng meat grinder.

At its price, insurgency should be in every fps players library
>>
File: 1449529960004.jpg (210 KB, 900x452) Image search: [Google]
1449529960004.jpg
210 KB, 900x452
One of the only games I bought this year that I didn't regret.
>>
If you're going to pick sniper or marksman, please help your team finish objectives instead of camping in the same spot looking for kills
>>
>>322125090
i've read the game is pretty team based, so no, i'm not gonna leave the team alone and go full BF4.
>>
A lot of muslims chanting at their bedouin prophet
>>
File: standard_rising_storm_(6).jpg (51 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
standard_rising_storm_(6).jpg
51 KB, 700x393
>>322121160
>for that authentic ptsd
any mods that are like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldNSMnEeKio
>>
great game IMO

its 75/25 for me
sometimes i get on and get completely raped by soldiers i don't see

sometimes i clutch it and kill 4 or 5 sandies with a pistol
>>
>>322126379
Like I said the pain and death one adds sounds from red orchestra. None of the spoken ones though, just ones where they are drowning in their own blood or screaming for 10 seconds and such.
>>
>>322118016
It's not super fun. It's like RO2 with Source-ish movement. I hope you enjoy being instantly killed.
>>
>>322126379

You're the dickhead that was mic spamming that shit yesterday weren't you?
>>
File: Squad 2015-12-19 13-10-32-31.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Squad 2015-12-19 13-10-32-31.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Its one of the best infantry shooters, but it will probably be phased out for Ground Branch and Squad in the coming months.
>>
>>322126876
I don't usually run and gun, that's why i never liked any cow and daddy games.

Peek your corners, have game awareness, get your shit right.
>>
There used to be a mod that colors US all bright red, and Insurgents all bright blue. Get that one. Makes spotting and killing people super fucking easy.
>>
>>322127178
Looks like ArmA.
>>
>>322127301
A wall hack, anon...?
>>
>>322127452
No, not a wallhack. A legit mod. It just changed the textures so that US soldiers were completely red mannequins, and Insurgents were completely blue mannequins.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.