[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elite Dangerous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 01_EliteDangerous_logo-1940x1091.jpg (131 KB, 1940x1091) Image search: [Google]
01_EliteDangerous_logo-1940x1091.jpg
131 KB, 1940x1091
Currently £9.99 in the sales. Worth it?
>>
10 quid is about right for the amount of entertainment in it if you like space sims
>>
>>322116134

I love space sims but i got burned with the X series. X3 bored me to tears
>>
Its half of a really well made space sim. Flight is good, physics are good and it is very pretty but there isn't enough content and desu I found myself just wanting to play freelancer instead.

Get Evochron Mercenary if you want a deep space sim, elite dangerous is more of a high tech iPhone flight game
>>
Wait another year until they get their nickle and diming expansions out on a sale.
>>
File: x3.png (1 MB, 982x1189) Image search: [Google]
x3.png
1 MB, 982x1189
>>322116296
>X3 bored me to tears
I'm quite sure Elite, although different, requires the same or even more amount of patience.
>>
>>322116384
>Get Evochron Mercenary if you want a deep space sim
I've heard about Evochron, what makes it deeper than elite?
>>
>>322116045
does it include horizons?
>>
>>322116045
No, it's a waste of time.
>>
>>322116045
>59.99 planet landing nothing to do DLC

Wait another year
>>
It's just constant grinding for new ships.
Everything looks the same.
All missions are about blowing up an NPC ship or bringing that to that.
There is nothing to do.
>>
>>322116824

Ships come together I components, physics system is better and the quests are more like Rebell Galaxy in that you come across them as well as getting them assigned to you.

The physics deserves special mention basically there's what's known as a Newtonian Dampener which allows you to meaningfully turn or stop in space. You can have it at one of five strengths. What this means is you can come up on enemies, turn it down to like 1x strength and turn your ship so you've created a high-speed space drift shooting gallery. THATS why evochron wins in my books, the combat is incredible
>>
File: 234C4C4655863508153381.jpg (406 KB, 986x1632) Image search: [Google]
234C4C4655863508153381.jpg
406 KB, 986x1632
>>322117653
>>
>>322117773

Also planet landing, flying all over planets, and using gravity to orbit yourself around moons in range of your mining laser
>>
>>322116045
It's comfy as fuck, plus flight/fight mechanics are great (it may be very subjective). On the other hand, there isn't much to do and quests are repetitive so you might get bored after ~50 hours.

I think it's worth it, even just for this brilliant artstyle. sweet jesus, those sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqIVbT6v5j0
>>
>>322117761
And you can't even fucking trade with other players
Game is basically an offline MMO where you have to grind for hundreds of hours and nothing else
It's garbage
>>
>Load up X:Rebirth again after 2 years
>Play for 10 minutes
>It's still complete horseshit
>delete it again

I loved space sims but this turd ruined it all. I'll buy ED when i can get it for 5 €, not earlier.
>>
>>322118830
Only thing E:D has going for it is the cockpit graphics.
It's not even a good simulator for flying in space.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.