[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gamers, what's the video game that turned you over to video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10
File: a57PX3y_460s.jpg (46 KB, 460x661) Image search: [Google]
a57PX3y_460s.jpg
46 KB, 460x661
Gamers, what's the video game that turned you over to video games and you fondly remember it for that reason?
>>
Any gamers around here?
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 320x569) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 320x569
>>322115452
Nope
>>
>>322114250
Panty hunter
>>
>>322114250
Head pat simulator
>>
My first two games were Digimon World and Harvest Moon: Back to Nature.

I think it was the most fortunate thing that's happened to me to date.
>>
>>322114250
Warcraft II
>>
>>322114250
Saddly its either Turtles 2 on NES or Battletoads.

Made me a bitter asshole who yells at coop partner and demands good controls from games.
>>
>turned you over to video games
no game did that, my parents did. I've been playing as long as I can remember.

My first vidya memory though is playing some DOS Links golf game in '92
>>
The original Medal of Honour was the first game i ever played, i was a mere 4 years old
>>
>>322114250
pokemon yellow, first game I ever played
>>
File: 1448075758445.jpg (42 KB, 600x704) Image search: [Google]
1448075758445.jpg
42 KB, 600x704
UT 1999
>>
>>322114250
Morrowind was probably the game that turned me from a kid who just liked kid things including video games, to a gamer
>>
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. As much as people like to shit on that game for being boring and repetitive, I found it a lot of fun when I first played it.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 640x480
>>322114250
>gamer
>>
File: 1433979157751.gif (46 KB, 272x220) Image search: [Google]
1433979157751.gif
46 KB, 272x220
>9gag
I was too young to remember anyway, but the first platform I owned was GBC.
>>
Left 4 dead. I'd watch my uncle play it and he'd let me shoot zombies while still in the safehouse. It was awesome.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 443x332
>>322114250
Captain Claw on PC and Sonic 1 for genesis, two earliest games I have fond memories for.

yes i became a furry
>>
It was that duck hunt / smb NES cart my uncle and cousins had.
Either that or those G&W systems my parents would buy for me.
>>
Hours and hours and hours of this.

I fucking loved my Master System.
>>
Idk, I legit had a Sega Genesis since birth. I probably played Sonic the Hedgehog when I was like 3, and by 4-5 was already on SF2 and Mortal Kombat and Altered Beast.
Although I think the Crash and Spyro games on PS1 really sucked me in.
>>
I don't even want to be associated as a "gamer" anymore.

I play games. I study games. I design games. And I like some games. But i don't classify myself as a gamer because it associates me with children and manchildren like yourself OP.

To answer your question, it was my first game I ever got, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the GBC. Wish I didn't sell it, but it's definitely what put me on this path.
>>
My first game was Myst followed by Riven, and I think I'm still trying to get that sense of wonder that came with those games.
>>
there was a rescue heroes game I got in this Christmas swap thing at a support group my mom and I went to after my dad died.
it was bretty fun
>>
I was interested in all kinds of shit as a kid, but the game that drew me into gaming, was beyond oasis for the sega genesis.
>>
I'd played NES and old computer games before, but I didn't really give a shit until I tried an Abe's Oddysee demo on PC

it and Exoddus are still my all-time favorite game
>>
I've played games since before I was 5. I can't remember OP and this is a question only faggots that haven't played for their entire functional memory can answer.
>>
Um... pong?
>>
>>322120170
if you can't remember the one game that really hooked you on the medium, it's not because you've played too many, but because you're going demented
>>
Mario Kart 64
>>
>>322120372
I was hooked before I can even remember, I remember my parents saying I liked playing Super Mario Bros on the NES. I've always played games so the concept of having one game that hooked me in is nonsensical for me.
>>
File: answer.jpg (528 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
answer.jpg
528 KB, 1600x1200
>>322114250
I think the game that turned me to video games was Half Life 1 played by my bigger brother.
>>
Zelda 2
>>
It was Super Mario Land 2, I still have the original gameboy and cartridge that I played on.
>>
Even though I started with the NES I didn't really care for games until Sim City for the SNES is what really got me into gaming though. The idea that games didn't need a winning or losing condition and you could do whatever the fuck you want was amazing to me. You could make complex games where there isn't a right or wrong answer and there isn't the best way to do things. Ever seen a speed run for Sim City? In theory it might be ok but the city itself is unrealistic and outright shit if done in reality. They just abusing the mechanics to obtain unrealistic results.

Sadly a very few games since then actually gave such freedom like that. The guy who made Sim City proved that players don't need winning conditions to enjoy a game but no one took that idea to heart and just kept making what may as well be a chess game on your TV. The games rules might be complex sure but it was because of the mechanics not the player. If the game have a story I can guarantee you could make it into a CYOA book if not a normal book and get pretty much the same results from it. Rarely does the gameplay actually add anything nor do the gameplay ever add anything to the story beside an excuse to keep on playing.
>>
>>322114250
>pacman world 2
>>
SNES DOOM. Might be why I like metal too.

>>322119617
>I don't even want to be associated as a "gamer" anymore.
This, it's always been kind of shit but I really don't want people thinking I'm like the retarded kids and faggot hipsters and such that use the label now.
>>
>>322122610
If games had proven anything is that people don't want freedom. Most people are "casuals" who want to be told what to do and how to do it so they can have something show up on their TV/computer telling them they aren't a failure at something in life for once.

I still play normal games of course but I don't see myself sticking to any of them or even replaying them say 5 years from now as once you beat a game and get all of the endings then you are done. You obtain all you will ever obtain from it beside a few stupid achievements that isn't worth shit. I had yet found a non-sim game that actually use the media to good use.

There a reason why most people treat gamers like retards. You don't mind pulling your R trigger a million of times just to see a character head get blown off to the point where they can literally remake the exact same game with minor differences at best and your dumbasses will actually support them by throwing money at them. I don't think at this point there will ever be a new genre of game because gamers will settle for the same shit with a different skin. Hell DLC literally prove that much as you are being flat out told you are just buying a different skin and your dumbasses will still pay for it.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.