[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game worth buying? No fucking memers allowed in this thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (336 KB, 393x564) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
336 KB, 393x564
Is this game worth buying? No fucking memers allowed in this thread
>>
It's worth 5 bucks. The more I play ot, the more it annoys me though. In DeS or DaS second and third playthroughs were much more enjoyable for me, it's a complete opposite in DaSII.
>>
If you like the souls series sure its a great game worth the 40 bucks I payed just don't expect it to blow your mind like dark souls.
>>
It might ruin the original for you. Decent game but it's no joke to say it was super easy compared to the first and the i-frame stat breaks everything. Bosses are often a let down too, especially (-----> this is an actual spoiler, probably shouldn't read it) the final two.
>>
>>322111108
Scholar is fine, original sucks.
>>
If you liked Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, or Bloodborne then definitely. If you never played any it might not be for you.

I played it back on 360 and loved it. I'm actually going to pick it up at bestbuy today on ps4 because I saw they have Scholar of the First Sin for $19.99 on sale right now. That's the version with the full game and all the dlc if you didn't already know. If you are looking to pick it up for console check out Bestbuy. Amazon has it up for the same price with prime but you will have to wait for shipping.
>>
>>322111108
SotFS is fun, but it really does like to unavoidably throw multiple enemies at you, and early on at least the placements are deliberately very well hidden, to the point where if it was my first Souls game I would have assumed they were spawning in. Also the input lag can be absolutely insane, there was one boss that did a huge windup attack and every time I would back up out of range and try to spam pyromancy, and for some reason it wouldn't cast a single spell until the attack had already ended and the boss was back in neutral position.
>>
>>322111820
Played original a lot, although I agree it's a little bit... different from the other games in the series.
How is SotFS better? Genuine question, 'cause I am still thinking to get it, but I heard people were shitting all over it for completely fucking up enemy placements and adding even more cheap stuff.
>>
>>322111108
It's better than DS1 in every aspect except level design. Also the game is way harder while being less frustrating with less bullshit. If you die, it's because of you, not because of the game having retarded enemy placement and garbage hitboxes.
>>
Wish invasions while hollowed weren't a thing
>>
which version OP. I played both and I can say they fucked up both.
>>
These threads are made on a daily basis how have you not seen them unless this is your first day then leave theres nothing fun here
>>
>>322112000
Its better, because it has all the dlc plus extra final boss/lore explanation. Just buy the fucking game, DSII is not as awesome as 9.5/10 DS, but its still easily a 8.5/10 game. I agree with a lot of negative points that are posted here, but still have 300 hours in ds2 (500 in ds1 which i just started playing again).
>>
>>322112143
I just played offline. Most bosses were easy enough that you never needed to summon anyways.
>>
>>322112143
Holy shit is that actually a thing? Haven't played DaS2, was thinking I might get SotFS.
>>
>>322112463
Dont be a faggot and do it.
>>
>>322112531
I don't need convincing, It's just slipped my mind with all these other games coming out.
>>
Is there sill alot of people playing this on PC?
I'm up to soome coop and have not played the expansions.
>>
Its just so fucking weird

You have such a simple formula and yet they choose to make fucking everything from scratch.

The reason Dark Souls 2 isn't admired as much as the 1st is because it does the exact opposite things of what made the first game good

>layered world with multiple shortcuts to different areas, some hidden
>remove it in the second game
Bloodborne's level design makes 2 unplayable in comparison, DS3 will have fantastic levels.

>combat and movement actually have weight
>remove it in the second game, make everything light and floaty

>have a genuinely interesting and unique character-driven lore that can be told by just the environment and enemy equipment
>remove it in th second game, constantly remind the player that this obscure questionable thing may have happened to someone some time ago maybe but they don't remember..............maaaaayyyybeeeeee??????? who knows? not me :^)
>>
No.
Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Bloodborne exist, so there's really no reason to play this.
It's simply not fun to play.
>>
I have both the lock on options disabled and still when i lock on it spazzes out continuously switching if there's multiple targets, even on the same enemy like the giant. What the fuck is shit? Is there no way to fix it?

Also does scholars have all the DLCs?
>>
>>322112784
Anyone?
>>
>>322113341
>layered world with multiple shortcuts to different areas, some hidden
>remove it in the second game
Yeah right, as if this shit doesn't exist in DaS2.

>have a genuinely interesting and unique character-driven lore that can be told by just the environment and enemy equipment

Same shit exist in DaS2, but for some reason you either didn't care enough to weight its existence.

>>remove it in th second game, constantly remind the player that this obscure questionable thing may have happened to someone some time ago maybe but they don't remember..............maaaaayyyybeeeeee??????? who knows? not me :^)

Wow, as if this shit didn't fucking happen in DaS.
>>
>>322114208
>Dark Souls 1 did it too!
Yeah, it did it correctly

Dark Souls 2 feels like they didn't even play the first game. And yes, the level design is a direct downgrade.
>>
>>322112000
Sins of the fathr has all the DLC +The Scholar of the First Sin boss. Other than that they did a few things like rearrange certain areas abit, lower difficulty in some areas, raise difficulty in others.

Also the keys for the DLC are found in the world and not your inventory from min 1
>>
>>322114208
DaS2 level design feels more like "And here's the fire level! and here's the prison level!", while DaS felt more like a cohesive world
>>
>>322114946
>Yeah, it did it correctly

Correctly in what way?
Just because you adore and invest more into one of them doesn't make it objectively better.

>Dark Souls 2 feels like they didn't even play the first game

Dark Souls 2 feels like what DaS is to DeS, and what DeS is to KFIV
If you know FROM then you know full well what you expect from them when it comes to a series.

>And yes, the level design is a direct downgrade.

From DaS? Nah.
The connectivity shit in DaS is neat but we got a pretty shitty levels out of it.
Its all a corridor that lead to X and X that lead to Y.
Each of these area involved in the connectivity doesn't offer much from each other such as darkroot basin.

Top tier DaS level all are individual level that doesn't have any of these neat factor such as Anor Londor and Ariamis.

>>322115570
>while DaS felt more like a cohesive world

You mean half the world.
Cohesiveness that comes a the cost of corridors and bland design.

Its fucking neat, but thats it.
>>
>>322111820
>Scholar
>"Let's place these bosses all over the fucking place and drop more enemy spawns around to substitute actual decent difficulty design."

And the game is still piss easy when it's not breaking.
>>
>>322115801
Is this bait? Or was DaS2 your first entry in the Soulsborne series?
>>
>>322111108
20 bucks and under i guess its worth it because of sheer amount of content.
>>
>>322111725
Have you ever heard of spoiler tags?
>>
>>322114124
Your mouse sensitivity might be too high.

Yes.
>>
>>322117572
I'm using a gamepad, not mouse. The moment I hit lockon with multiple enemies on screen or even near the area, it uncontrollably and continuously switches back and forth between them even when I do nothing.
>>
>>322112061
lol

no
>>
>>322119374
How does that vagina squirt like that?
>>
>>322119810
It's a dude.
>>
>>322119374
wat
>>
>>322119857
Is it one of those trannies I've heard so much about?
>>
>>322119810
Timmy, get off the computer...
>>
>>322119857
But where the fuck is his balls?
>>
File: 1376346860822.jpg (10 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
1376346860822.jpg
10 KB, 255x200
>>322119374
>>
>>322111108
I have enjoyed more than 350 hours of coop and 150 ish solo pirated version. Yes OP dont let you fool you and visit /dsg/ for once, most memers get ignored and people actually talk about this game in a positve way like it deserves to be spoken about.
>>
>>322119810
I have some bad news for you, buddy.
>>
>>322119374
Nice webm of narcissa wright my dude
>>
>>322119374
This is why god doesn't talk to us anymore
>>
>>322112784
I got my copy as a gift for PS3, but I here that the PC version is rife with cheaters.
>>
>>322111108
If you have played games in the series/enjoy action-RPGs with a little jank then yes, buy it.

Don't over think it like so many anon. It is a fantastic game with its share of shortcomings; just like all fantastic games.
>>
>>322112784
SL?
>>
>>322111108
Do you like Souls games? So you like action RPGs in general? Are you okay with playing a game that was dropped by the director half way through and patched together by his subordinates? Do you like having an obscene amount of aesthetic choices on your character?

Get it. It's good, but not great, challenging and unapologetic. Great pvp, can be made harder/easier by joining a covenant/summoning.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.